• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Revamp for the military. Maybe some sort of standing armies for the byz and naval battles(which have been semi-sorta-confirmed). Some stuff for commanders about being a general and more decisions while leading armies in battle.

Late middle ages focused DLC (1300-1453) with new steppe mechanics and a new bookmark: 1370 Timurid invasion. Just like Charlemagne DLC concept. Maybe naval battles will come with this DLC too.

Last edited:
1, Myths and Legends - Awesome stuff, bringing some great stories to life.

2, Empire or Imperial DLC with a focus on the HRE and Byzantinum but every empire getting some new mechanics to make it more interesting. Throw Hellenic rome a bone go on :), oh okay, fine!

3, Religion DLC - For want of a much more creative name, expanding the current systems across the board:
Great ideas here tm : http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...adhabs-patron-gods-as-core-religion-mechanics

4, Map Expansion DLC - China/Africa with a raise in system specs if you buy the expansion.

That is my prediction :) Steppes would be great too of course, plenty of room for gameplay mechanics to make russia more interesting or at least the extreme east of the map.

-Late middle ages focused DLC (1300-1453)
-Inland republics
-Naval battles
-Empire or Imperial DLC with a focus on the HRE and Byzantinum and other empires))

id like a more dynamic map, where culture actually matters. but things like migration etc wont work with this engine. arent there other possibilitys? a religion conversion system like in eu4 would be better and another culture conversion system. theres no interaction with your foreign population for example. maybe cultures which can be more and more civilizised than others with bonuses and that ur actually able to reform your cultures. a population system would be nice too. but thats all not possible i guess.

I'm guessing AND hoping for a RPG focused dlc, that improves existing and adding new traits, making relations between characters more fleshed out and stuff like that

Let's say that we get 4 more expansions.

1) A Steppe DLC, possibly mixed with Inland Trade and an improvement of Iran around the theme of the Silk Road.
2) A Myths/Legends DLC.
3) A Lategame/Peacetime DLC.
4) China. By this point, hopefully the Dev's stated intention to be able to do this without a significant performance drop/spec raise will be fulfilled. I have heard some doomsayers positing that it'll just be like RoI again (optimisation was promised but not delivered on), but it seems naive to think that the Devs are unaware of the backlash and that they'll just do the same- I imagine they'll take special care to ensure good performance on the lower-end computers if they make China.
5) This is not so much serious as it is wishful thinking, but an "Indian Ocean" expansion: East Africa, SE Asia and Indonesia, to complete the Afro-Eurasian trade-route systems which defined the Old World at this point in time.

With China in the game, and all the above, I think the game will be done. The grand interconnected Eurasia of the Middle Ages will all be there.

I hope for steppes dlc what about you?
This is what I want. Scripted events for Mongolia's invasion. It might be a good time to add in-land trade routes too.

Of course, the developers said their big focus right now is on role-play.

Hopefully a total rebuild of the military system, including a more important role for ships (large fleets blocking sea areas would be enough to increase their importance tenfold), and maybe something about inland republics.
At the time there is not even the remote possibility of having the Lombard League wars happen.

It's going to be about the strategy aspect of the game, rather than roleplaying, in my opinion, given that it seems unlikely that they would do teo RPG DLC in a row. I'd say some sort of diplomacy+warfare DLC. Domdark said something about new diplomatic interactions, so maybe some sort of non-dynastic alliances.

Status
Not open for further replies.