• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Reguire

Second Lieutenant
26 Badges
Nov 9, 2014
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
I know this question has been asked a lot. But I can't find a solution since every answer about that is for Catholic Church.

I am ruling Yabguid Beylerbeylik in Central Asia. Its religion is Tengrism (Pagan). Only succession option is Gavelkind. I have two sons and I want to send my other son to temple and make him a shaman but I can't find how to. It is a tribal country so there aren't buildings. But I have 2 of the 5 holy sites. There are temples in holy sites and I have two shamans for 2 temples. Luckily one of them just died and the game appointed a new shaman, randomly I guess. Is it even possible to make your son a shaman?

You have to revoke the title you to pass it out to your chosen successor.

However I don't believe giving a second son a temple holding removes him from succession, not for pagans.

If he's an adult, set your unwanted son as spymaster and put him into the byzantine empire. The Emperor (or Empress) will soon enough catch your spawn and mutilate him. If (s)he does the Squirrel thing (and goes for the nuts) off the bat, you're good. If (s)he blinds first, put the kid back into spymaster and send him back for a second round.

Raise him christian and give him a temple. Also works with firstborn.

If you are reformed hermanic pagan any religion will do the magic of unable him to inherit.

Makes electiv gavelkind the best law and germanic the best religion.

If he's an adult, set your unwanted son as spymaster and put him into the byzantine empire. The Emperor (or Empress) will soon enough catch your spawn and mutilate him. If (s)he does the Squirrel thing (and goes for the nuts) off the bat, you're good. If (s)he blinds first, put the kid back into spymaster and send him back for a second round.

Well, my heir is my spymaster with 21 intrigue skill. I mostly put him in Constantinople for research but they didn't catch him yet.

Raise him christian and give him a temple. Also works with firstborn.

If you are reformed hermanic pagan any religion will do the magic of unable him to inherit.

Makes electiv gavelkind the best law and germanic the best religion.

There aren't any Christians in Central Asia. I don't think I can make him Christian if there is no influence.
I also wrote in the first message I am a tengrist pagan. Not germanic. And still didn't reform but I am working on it.

Why don't you just make your highest title your only title of that rank and then you realm won't be divided? Only two sons? Jeez I got like 10 and I'm gavelkinding just fine.

I have Kingdom of Turkestan title at highest. Below that I had 2 duchy titles but gave one of them to another vassal. I can still create another 2 duchy titles but I don't have the money. I have 7/7 demesne. It says I will lose 6 of them and my heir will only get the capital. Can you explain more?

If need be, groom your grandchildren and plan ahead. You can plot to kill those, ensuring you have a few to fall back on if heir suddenly dies, and then you can always imprison the few left when king gets old. Also, you can sometime divide the kingdom by granting a few duchies the way you like it. Believe I gave rest of sons counties in my second duchy, making none very strong and only one of them to inherit said duchy

Just imprison and execute.

I honestly resort to this when I'm desperate (like when my primary heir is a drooling imbecile). Unfortunately since I spread my dynasty throughout the realm, I get hit with MASSIVE penalties... -40 for imprisoning, -10 for executing, and -25 for kinslayer. Oh well, it's worth it to keep the drooling imbecile off of the throne (or the attractive genius midas touched on it).

That's why it better to do it once you are around 40-50 and have the long reign bonuses to compensate somewhat. Also, I usually use the Intrigue focus to do the imprison part without any tyranny.