An update on Chirper, and some more.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TotalyMoo

Manager of Things
94 Badges
Jun 5, 2012
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Sengoku
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
Greetings community!

I'm one for rambling, so let me make this short and concise for once.

We've heard your feedback regarding Chirper and understand that a relatively large amount of vocal users are not fond of this feature. Listening to our players-to-be is very important to us, yet so is the artistic integrity and design choices of Colossal Order. Taking this into consideration - a give-and-take is in order.

The change we have gone for is that you will now have an option to disable the sound and animation/pop up from Chirper. The bird will still stay on your screen, but you must click it to see the updates from your Cims.

We believe this is a good middle ground, as the feature is important for you to get an overview of the wants and needs of your citizens.

Also, something else that hasn't been properly communicated.

There will be separate options when you start a game for unlocking everything (except monuments) and unlimited money/sandbox. Right now this is a CO-made mod, we aspire to add it as a checkbox / easily accessible option before launch.

Thanks for listening, and have a lovely Friday!

Cheers,
John

Good job, thanks!
I was a bit worried about it, but wanted to play the game myself before I choose my opinion, this gives me an option and I am happy for it.
And you have a great name :)

rmRrLcr.gif

I actually want to see the chirps, just not centre screen, so this doesn't really satisfy my preferences. But I appreciate that many people will find this a suitable solution, I will have to bear with it.

Glad to see that you care about your customers worries.
I myself cant judge about that tweeterbird, because I havent played the game yet. but I began to worry about the multiple "plant"-message in that video. so that's a relieve. thx.

While I do respect artistic integrity being a designer myself, I find the bird and twitter-feed something meant for consumers more into The Sims than complex city building; if it annoys large part of the main consumer segment it makes sense to add the possibility of turning it off. Personally I find that it detracts from the experience by partly being a strange distraction, partly from making me a populist mayor paying more attention to social media than factual reports.

I think a mayor that stays in touch with his citizens as opposed to looking at the big picture is a better mayor overall. Sure, maybe not in the sense of tweets, but he could draw up a grand design for the city that fulfils his goals and makes citizens happier by listening to their opinions.

Good enough for me. I don't mind the bird one bit, but when I build, then I want my clicks to do what I intend them to do. I don't want stuff moving in under my cursor, so this solution would satisfy me. :)

Hi, all.. I would just like to say thank you to totalyMoo and team for listening to the players. While the much-maligned chirper has been a point of contention for many players (me included), I'm very much impressed that the team has decided to allow for players to have an option to turn off the animation and sound.

Once again, much thanks to the dev team!

Awesome! Would it perhaps also be possible to make it moveable, so you can drag it to a desired position on the screen? I'd very much prefer it to be in the top right instead of in the middle, for example.

It's funny to me that you guys are applauding that CO listens to you.... but you don't want to listen to your citizens.

I for one probably won't turn off the animation, etc. Feedback from my citizens is important for the success of my city. After I play the game, my opinion may change.... or not.