• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fiercephoenix

Recruit
17 Badges
Feb 17, 2015
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
A few things:

1. every time I do a screenshot the entire game goes into a not responding state until I Ctrl +Alt + Del then it brings up everything ODD!

2. While some things such as monorails and tracks need to be looped in some fashion. I do not understand why roads which basically dead-end can not auto loop when placing Bus routes (with the exception of one way roads)

3. Another odd thing is I set up my "routes" say 6am - 10pm that's it. Due to high crime and bad weather I can not risk my employees (lmao) So why do the "citizens" (Drones) Stand at the stop from 00:23 to 6am and get all mad because they were stupid enough to stand outside and freeze when the company "run" times are clearly posted? That is like me standing outside the museum at 2am and being mad they don't open til 9am.

4. Random building spawns - why does a 98 floor skyscraper suddenly out of no where BAM appear like magic on my WALKING PATH OMG Grandma was walking to the bus stop and it gave her a heart-attack. Students are complaining that its blocking the view of the college and all this. Its a walking path not a 8 lane highway...OMG!

I understand its less of city building than it is just transporting the drones but it would balance it a bit and give new challenges for construction zones and roads flooding building fires. I mean I see the cops and firefighters but they just randomly go down the street there is no real fire or criminals or heart-attacks, no random dead person kill over because he walked to far.

I think Cities in Motion 2 is a vast improvement over CNM1 but I think we can add a little pizzazz as well. A building is on fire you have people congregating blocking traffic chunks of the building falling all over the roads (big buildings) Grandma was walking the dog that got hit by a car, you have pedestrians walking on a NO sidewalk freeway getting ran over, You get the idea.
The platform is so well done its time to bring city building, transportation, and everything to gether (I did not say city management hell no, but building)

1 Just shows how quickly they designed the game

2 because the CiMs are stupid- see other posts about pathfinding or lack thereof

3 because the CiMs are stupid- according to CO the CiMs do NOT read the schedule. Yes I know defeats the point of the game. Instead they use "average wait time". Which means once that average wait time has passed they get pissed and will wait up to 2 hours anyway

4 again shows lack of thought when designing the game

It was rushed out the door to work on cities skylines. Whilst I consider it a good game it is clearly far from finished and has no polish or refinement.