• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chicken Spadge

Major
31 Badges
Aug 3, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Iron Cross
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For The Glory
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
I've just posted the first part of a new land unit sprite pack in the Darkest Hour mods forum.

The sprites don't have any levels, so they work for Arsenal of Democracy as well.

ITA_zpsxgubhbkd.png~original

Here's a link.

Last edited:
I just wanted to point out that the land unit pack for the Italians is now complete, with sprites available for every one of the usual categories.

This is especially important in the case of AoD because for some reason the sprite set-up is different from the one for Darkest Hour.

In DH, if you make an infantry sprite for a country and label it as such, that sprite will also appear for the other foot soldiers such as paratroopers and marines if you haven't made special sprites for them. In AoD, you have to cover every single unit if you don't want to see those original worm sprites any more.

By the way, does anyone know why this is the case? It's strange when both games only include the basic HOI2 sprites on purchase.

I cannot make head nor tail of how these sprites behave. In vanilla AoD:
  • GER interceptor uses T-fighter c-min
  • GER fighter uses T-fighter c-ger
  • GER tactical_bomber uses T-bomber c-min
  • GER cas uses T-fighter c-usa
  • GER strategic_bomber uses T-bomber c-ger
  • GER armor uses T-panzer c-ger
  • GER light_armor uses T-panzer c-min
Any information about how this works and may be changed is appreciated.
(E.g. can GER interceptor be made to use T-fighter c-ger?)

addendum:

Probably figured it out. What sprite is used is determined by the .spr files in gfx/map/units.
There do not exist such files for all unit types and adding them (e.g. copying "T-fighter a-stand c-ger l-1" as "T-interceptor a-stand c-ger l-1") will properly resolve the sprite selection.
Added files are not recognised inside of mod-directory.

Last edited:
I've just posted the next part of this pack in the Darkest Hour forum.

Have a look at the original post and the most recent ones for more details.

Here's a link

I've posted the Japanese units for this pack on the Darkest Hour forum. Just click on the top link in my sig. All the downloads for the Japanese should work for AoD

I've now posted the USA and Minors units for this pack on the Darkest Hour forum. Just click on my sig. All the downloads should work for AoD.

I've now posted the first part of a German units pack on the Darkest Hour forum. Make sure that you download the correct sprites for AoD because there are some differences.