• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kuld von Reyn

Second Lieutenant
12 Badges
Jul 10, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
I recently compiled a list of countries that either lack a Glory-style shield, or lack a shield entirely in Plvs Vltra. There's also at least one instance of a country having the wrong shield because of tag differences between vanilla and AGCEEP. IIRC it was some Arabian minor on the south-west end of the peninsula.

Did anyone already make Glory-style shields for any of the below? If so, would you be willing to share them? It's my intention to make replacements for as many of them as I can, and eventually upload a pack, but I'd rather not make 63 new shields alone if anyone else already made some.

The list:

BAH - Bahmanid Empire
BIM - Bima
BLI - Bali
BLK - Balkh
BRG - Berg (Murat)
BTH - Buriat Horde
BUR - Burgundy (Lotharingia)
CPS - Champassak
DAS - Da Shun
DAX - Da Xi
ENG - England (Lambert)
ENG - England (Modern)
FGN - Ferghana
FRI - Friesland (Groningen)
FUC - French Catholics
GIN - Gingee
GOL - Golconda
HAA - Al-Haasa
HAD - Hadramut
HAH - Haihaya
HAM - Ha Mi
HAU - Brabant (Valois)
HEL - Switzerland (Republic)
HOL - Netherlands (Bonaparte)
HOL - Netherlands (Republic)
HUN - Hungary (Corvinus)
IKK - Ikkeri
ITA - Italy (Bonaparte)
ITA - Italy (Cisalpine)
JAU - Jaunpur
KLE - Cleves (Murat)
LCH - Lu Chuan
LNA - Lan Na
LUW - Luwu
LXA - Lan Xang
MAH - Mahra
MAO - Magindanao
MEA - Meng Jang
MGA - Mongolia
MLO - Milan (Orleans)
MSH - Musha'sha'
MSS - Mossi
NAJ - Najd
NAP - Naples (Bonaparte)
NAP - Naples (Bourbon)
ORM - Ormuz
PAK - Perak
PAR - Parma (Republic)
POL - Poland (Congress)
POL - Poland (Duchy)
POM - Pommerania (Stettin)
POR - Portugal (Iberia)
PUN - Punjab
ROM - Romanist Bohemia
SCO - Scotland (UK)
SIC - Sicily (Bourbon)
SMI - Southern Ming
SPA - Spain (Bonaparte)
SUL - Sulu
TBT - Timbuktu
TOS - Tuscany (Habsburg)
TUN - Tunisia (Hafsid)
YEM - Yemen
ZHO - Zhou

Last edited:
Everything on the list above is outdated in one way or another, mostly by the lack of a Glory-style shield. Most of them still use the old Enhanced-style shield models. I can deal with the European ones easily enough, but a lot of the Asian and African ones are harder. Most of those countries don't really have any adequate symbols to use, and are often anachronistic or just plain wrong in AGCEEP and PV.

Thank you. I had a quick look through the archive, and I found shields for the French Catholics and Corvinus Hungary. There was also a number of shields I was uncertain about due to tag and file name differences, but I'll do some comparisons with the old Enhanced shield set to figure those out later.

I'm assuming you are referring to the issues with the Egyptian and Napoleonic Spain shields and flags?

I looked into it, and it seems the problem with Egypt is that it has an independence event with a flagname command that changes its flag to "Mamluks". The intention was likely to make it Egypt with the Mamluks shield/flag, so this issue is easily solved by just copying the existing Mamluks gfx and re-labeling them for Egypt. (or just removing the flagname line entirely, if you are so inclined)

The Napoleonic Spain ones are more troublesome. Freshly installed AGCEEP has no Spanish event for a change of flags in the Napoleonic Wars, but it got one in later patches. They forgot to add in an actual shield/flag set to go with the Bonaparte flagname command, so it doesn't exist in any of the three sets, including Therion's files. I'll add that to the list of stuff that needs to be made.

Trent and Umbria are also missing