• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyone know if there are any Hindu/Buddhist/Jain female rulers?

The only one I could find in a quick google search was someone called Queen Didda of Kashmir who apparently ruled in the 10th century, during the blank spot in CK2 bookmarks.

This is pretty dang awesome! Any way it could be added to the CKII Wiki?

Well, you could do it yourself or suggest it in the stickied Wiki thread, so that someone or Meneth will add it.
The Wiki relies on the community for the very most part. Just register over there and start a new page or add it to the existing list.

Yeah female rulers are rare enough, why remove historical female rulers ?

And I agree that it should be possible to have agnatic-cognatic under Muslim rule.

I don't believe it's part of a deliberate effort on Paradox's part to deny the existance of female Muslim rulers in order to justify them being (frustratingly) blocked from Agnatic-Cognatic, but it's rather the fact that Arabia in general is poorly represented (most rulers in the region are fictional, and the de Jure map isn't the greatest.)

Cool beans. Which one do you think is best to go for the Empressive achievement?

Matilda di Canossa, Duchess of Tuscany, 1066
This is the Matilda who traps characters into matrilineal marriages and always demands independence right after you start your game. She's a vassal of the HRE, starts young and unmarried, and controls several counties in Italy. Some say she already has sons from another marriage in later patches, but as far as I know this isn't true. Your goal: form the Kingdom of Italy after taking control of as much of the de jure kingdom as possible.

Very interesting real life figure, too. She was a warrior duchess, known for personally commanding her troops on the battlefield (Unfortunately, there is almost no way to have women commanders in CK2 without Cathar or Joan of Arc event. It would be cool if we could get a trait for this. Paradox made her a diplomat instead, which is also pretty accurate.). She fought for decades to save the papacy from domination by the secular German emperors. As a reward, she's the only non-saint, non-pope person to be interred in Saint Peter's Basilica. She conquered most of northern Italy, too, but sadly, left no heir to inherit her gains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matilda_of_Tuscany

Reactions:
@duhsveti Matilda di Canossa would actually be a great start. Or maybe try one of the queens, perhaps the one in Spain because she actually did make herself an empress.
@jurrz12 Yeah, Matilda was AWESOME. Her stats in-game reflect that.
And awesome story for you guys: I'm playing an Aquitaine game (I started with a man who happened to be a bard), and I have had a roller coaster of a game... my first character died in battle after a few years, then my second character (his brother) went from practically-unallied Duke of Aquitaine to king-consort of France, because of his Capet wife who used a faction demand to claim the kingdom. I'm now playing as his son, the king-regnant (actual king). I just warred and beat England without mercenaries (and with the HRE as an ally) and might do it again to claim another county. Wonder if I could claim England sometime?

I approve of this thread.
Especially the Sultana of Egypt start seems very interesting, such hardcore conditions are quite appealing to me, shame you have to do the re-load thingie to be able to play her.

Would it be possible to make Character Search function work before player starts their game? Would help to find all the female rulers or some interesting characters by name, gender or religion.

Thanks for reminding me about Shajar al-Durr. She's an excellent woman and I managed to successfully create a powerful Egyptian Miaphysite dynasty with her after converting.

@Basterbane I so wish!
@Tywinzo There are a lot of Wikipedia entries for Blanche de Navarre, but it looks like only one was Queen of France - and she was queen-consort, and she was never a countess or duchess, so she's not playable.
And an update to my amazing France game: King Gilbert the Great, my amazing third character, passed on in his fifties, leaving his son Gilbert II (a Detached Priest with crappy stats) on the throne and no more alliance with the HRE, at least not yet (though I still have an alliance with the Byzantines). Bummer. Gotta get my allies back...

Genghis Khan's wife, Börte, was meant to be quite the character. Genghis Khan rescued her personally after she was kidnapped and raped by a rival tribe, and she was loved by the Mongol people, and Genghis especially. She got a large swath of territory in Mongolia in his will and 10,000 horse archers. If you can land her she could be fun to play as.

@omega20056 Cool! I'll add her to a new Tengri section - she miiight be playable on her own after Genghis's death.

You can't start as Genghis, give her land and switch to her. Tengris are agnatic and don't permit female rulers.

Mamam Khatun, Erserum, 1191
Another Muslim (and Seljuk) female ruler. Try to survive for longer than the 9 years she ruled in real life.
For me it shows Saltukid as her dynasty, not Seljuk.She has Seljuk liege, but that's it.And wikipedia also says she's Saltukid.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melike_Mama_Hatun
ck2_53.png