• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vayatir

Recruit
1 Badges
Sep 22, 2014
  • Cities in Motion
I like this game, I like this game a lot. I love seeing my network being built up and hundreds of people being transported to their destination. But something really prevents me from enjoying the game, and that is city growth.

Rather, it is not city growth itself, but the results of it. I play on Central City in sandbox mode, and I start with a fleet of buses/trolleys going from one central bus station. This seems realistic to me; big cities have major transport hubs to allow people to get where they need to go. However, about three days or so into the game, I notice a major problem: what I call the 'schoolpocalypse'.

Huge buildings in the north and central islands will be torn down and replaced by schools. There will be about 3-4 schools in one very small grid area, and many more on one single island.

I don't know why this happens. I try to turn 'player-effect on city growth' in the ruleset down, but this doesn't seem to help. I really like city growth, but I'm considering just turning it off for good because this keeps happening and quite honestly ruining my experience.

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening, and what I can do to prevent it (save turning city growth off)? For reference, player-effect on city growth has been tested at 30% and 75%, and it happens at both of these values. My population is set to 200%, which I think may be part of it but I'm not sure.