• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What about it was so demanding?

The Pope went through the entire world of characters and checks if they are eligible for Cardinal position according to a script that had to be run on the character. So every day the Pope checked about 35 000 characters or something like that? I don't remember the exact numbers for a mid-game population. That is why it was so demanding.

The Pope went through the entire world of characters and checks if they are eligible for Cardinal position according to a script that had to be run on the character. So every day the Pope checked about 35 000 characters or something like that? I don't remember the exact numbers for a mid-game population. That is why it was so demanding.

Wait, so how did you guys manage to optimize that system to improve performance? That sounds like something that would be a permanent drawback to the mechanic. SoA was actually the only DLC I ever bought near release and I don't recall any performance issues when I bought it.

really don't want to see this game, or series, become a mile wide and an inch deep

There are still things to flesh out in the current map

What do you want for crusades?The only thing I think they need is that an attack on the KoJ should automatically invite catholic states to intervene in the war regardless of how far they are.

Perhaps a way for crusading nations to work together and help inland nations ferry their troops to the holy land like it happened in real life?
Add byzantine assistance?
Add some drama and events there?

Last edited:
really don't want to see this game, or series, become a mile wide and an inch deep
Allies being able to transport each other troops in general is a good idea, not that I think the Ai could be made to understand how to do it. But if you want the rest of us to to take you seriously stop using that analogy. It does't mean anything other "devs do what I want." Because "some how" only your seggestions are "depth." You folks use it as short hand to be little those who support other ideas. It got old when SoA came out.

I agree that the game needs to be fleshed out more before expanding, but not in Europe. It's central Asia that currently needs the most work.

Can't only bishops become cardinals? Sure, that's still a lot, but surely not 35,000.

Can't only bishops become cardinals? Sure, that's still a lot, but surely not 35,000.

That's probably how they fixed it - by setting up some "fast-triggers" (don't check it for woman, non-theocratic rulers and courtiers).

Ah, RoI.

I have it, but that's Steam Sales' fault. That and the fact that I'm an obsessive completionist ;)

Medieval Indian history never did interest me, it doesn't interest me and it never will interest me. China? Maybe as a standalone game. I do recall enjoying Koei's Romance of Three Kingdoms quite a lot back in the day, even though I absolutely couldn't relate to the period or area. I don't know. Being unable to relate is a big immersion hit to me, which is why there'll be Winter Olympics in hell before I play a CK2 game as anybody in or near India, but that's just me.

And that's the thing, isn't it? I don't expect every conceivable DLC to cater specifically to my wishes. Would it be wonderful? Sure, but it won't ever happen unless I start developing games myself. And that's fine!

What I would like, however, would be for those DLCs that I don't buy, or lose interest in, to be totally and absolutely gone from my game when not enabled. As if they were never published. For RoI specifically, that would mean all of those (to me) irrelevant blobs of areas east of the Caspian Sea immediately disappearing, never to be heard from again. That would give me true choice, as opposed to "sure, you don't have to buy it, but it'll be there drawing resources and irritating you anyways, you just can't play over there." I know, demanding little sod I am ;)

However, I'm sure that there are many very good reasons why that can't happen. For one thing, I imagine it would be a nightmare (if it's even possible) to try to make a core game that would work with every possible combination of DLC, switching on and off components and functions of each and still making it all work flawlessly. Not to mention QA'ing such a Frankenstein.

So I'm fine with what it is. I'll just be honest and say that I'm less interested in seeing a China expansion than I am in counting fleas on my neighbor's dog. But if it would make somebody's day, then so be it. Just wasn't my turn this time.

What I would like to see is an overhaul of "life as a vassal" for those of us who don't much care for map painting mode. More choices, more logic, more reasons (actually, any reasons other than "I don't want to be independent" would be nice) to stay a vassal, that sort of thing. And it wouldn't mean expanding the map by one single county :)

Sure, but it won't ever happen unless I start developing games myself. And that's fine!

No, not even then do you get decide what to develop. There's marketing forces and stuff.

I agree that the game needs to be fleshed out more before expanding, but not in Europe. It's central Asia that currently needs the most work.

Would like to see a late game DLC focusing on the mongol hordes
:)

Would like to see a late game DLC focusing on the mongol hordes
:)
The elusive Steppe DLC? With new mechanics, such as tributaries and suzerainties?

I would pay good money for that.

When you start talking about the mongols, China comes up. If a china dlc comes out you can bet the mongols will get a whole lot of love.
China is not compulsory. You can just make the whole Mongol Empire pop up in the east and have events that split it up.

Is Doomdark still in charge of CKII?I thought he passed the torch to Johan not Andersson.

He is in charge of design, JohanLerstrom is the project lead. He is the guy who whips me.

China is not compulsory. You can just make the whole Mongol Empire pop up in the east and have events that split it up.
That the issue for myself and many others, because its artificial and there is no thing one can do to prevent a huge horde from spawning on the edge of the map. It makes playing the east of the map frustrating.

He is in charge of design, JohanLerstrom is the project lead. He is the guy who whips me.

What you guys do to centre yourselves and get in an authentic frame of mind for the period that you're working on, or other reasons is fine by me as it seems to be working.