• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Scooby4ever

Recruit
65 Badges
Jan 21, 2015
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Victoria 2
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • East India Company Collection
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Crusader Kings II
March of the Eagles is a game that have fallen below my radar Before. And i think many
other missed it as well. Its a dam good game if you ask me. Easier for beginners like me to
pick up and a good way to learn basics when you later move forward to maybe ck2 or universalis 4.

BTW. Is there any plans for Steam achivements or SteamCloud features to be added???

Iam asking because i have noticed many older games gets updates with those the last year.
Would love if it gets some developer love again. And yes i know the game is not new but still easier
for me as i still have trouble learning my ck2 and universalis4 games.

PS. To forum admins Andrew my account is working peferctly now, probarly website overloaded before.

Last edited:
I agree.

I've heard from players that the complexity of Crusader Kings II and Europa Universalis IV are overwhelming to new people, so it is a good thing to have a simpler game with the same engine.

As far as I know there is no plan for further development of this game. But I don't speak for Paradox.

I have been digging over 10hrs in Crusader kings 2 demo (crazy yes i know lol) and for the full Crusader kings 2 i have 4hrs and still dont understand much, the same goes for universalis 4 wich i have putted 5hrs but gave up. So March of the Eagles works alot better for me. Its complexed but not as much as the above. I also Think the interface is a bit tiny maybe there is a mod with better interface for those above?

Well i keep my fingers crossed for any update for March of the Eagles you never know ;)

Hi Scooby, I too love this game though not yet managed to perform anything major in the window the game gives. I try mainly Russia and Austria as I don't want to jump straight into a war like France and England (even though Russia has skirmish with Persia) but France and England overwhelm me too much until I get a real handle on the mechanics involved.

I think I make mistakes by trying to build too big an armed force before trying to attack anyone. For instance I spend about 3 years playing Austria buildind Depots and increasing my Army before making 2 or 3 attacks on key cities in Prussia but that only leaves me exposed on my Southern borders with the Ottomans and France is gobbling up Italy etc.

When I play as Russia I need to first quell the situation in Persia, I tried accepting white peace early but to me as Russia I am too big to accept so early. So I move all my troops and garrison troops (the ones that are far afield) to support the border clashes with Persia, but the after 3 years of building my armies and navies I try and take strategic cities in the Ottomans and then England keeps asking to join their alliance which I have done a few times but all I seem to succeed in doing is having the biggest army but no real result.

I have all the other games, Victoria, Europa, Crusader and Hearts of Iron but I cannot attempt those until I am more comfortable with March of the Eagles.

Glad to know there is still a lot of interest in this game.

Kind regards to all,

oz

Hi Scooby, I too love this game though not yet managed to perform anything major in the window the game gives. I try mainly Russia and Austria as I don't want to jump straight into a war like France and England (even though Russia has skirmish with Persia) but France and England overwhelm me too much until I get a real handle on the mechanics involved.

I think I make mistakes by trying to build too big an armed force before trying to attack anyone. For instance I spend about 3 years playing Austria buildind Depots and increasing my Army before making 2 or 3 attacks on key cities in Prussia but that only leaves me exposed on my Southern borders with the Ottomans and France is gobbling up Italy etc.

When I play as Russia I need to first quell the situation in Persia, I tried accepting white peace early but to me as Russia I am too big to accept so early. So I move all my troops and garrison troops (the ones that are far afield) to support the border clashes with Persia, but the after 3 years of building my armies and navies I try and take strategic cities in the Ottomans and then England keeps asking to join their alliance which I have done a few times but all I seem to succeed in doing is having the biggest army but no real result.

I have all the other games, Victoria, Europa, Crusader and Hearts of Iron but I cannot attempt those until I am more comfortable with March of the Eagles.

Glad to know there is still a lot of interest in this game.

Kind regards to all,

oz

Hi I must say I enjoyed reading your post alot. Its allways good to get some tips from other players, I still consider me new to: victoria1-2 , Hearts of Iron3, Ck2, universalis4.
March of the Eagles feels alot easier in some way compared to above. Not sure if its only me seeing it like this?

To be honest i wich Paradox made a game that would do this:

Make a game that concentrate on 1 country instead as the other games can be overvelming (brain explodes with all info to consider)
Have it real turnbased instead (I keep forgetting to pause the other paradox games games. And Before i know its chaos lol)

Step 1: Have so the player can choose a country
Step 2: Player only manage that country with farming, factories, research, building, and trading inside country.
Step 3: Wars could be with revolts or random countries that try to invade yours wich you have repell.
Step 4: Manage economy so people are happy

And probarly alot more. ;)

Last edited:
While I have no news, I can recommend checking out the mods in the mod section. There are a couple that greatly expand the game :)

Great i will do that. Thx for helping me out. Any mods you can recommend?

Last edited:
I've put around 30 hours in Victoria 2 and struggled a lot, mostly because of the interface, 100 minutes (lol) in CK2 and I really don't like it (mostly because of the timeframe) and 440+ hours in EU4 which I adore.

I've tried with March of the Eagles, and I would really like to be able to play this game properly, but for some reason I can't.

Suggestions are welcome. What country, what tactics, etc...

I've personally found Russia to be a good starting nation. You don't have to worry about being conquered because the country is vast and way out east. Also, you can ignore the naval game and get along just fine.

Get France, steamroll everything, then restart and fight back em with England, Austria, Prussia or Spain.

Note that if you are a beginner, Great Britain and France can be overwhelming.

If you like this game then try Rome EU - get the Gold edition off steam, includes Vae Victis which has a nice politics aspect where you manage the leading characters of your state, loyalty, appointing generals, governors etc. I think Rome and MOTE are both EU 'lite', and that's not an insult but a compliment. Rome is great fun, which at the end of the day is what a game should be.
Enjoy!

Reception was a bit harsh. It's not fair to judge a game by what you thought it was going to be and not what it was meant to be. It's Napoleonic Hearts of Iron, nothing more, nothing less.

I enjoy the game a lot, personally. Very beautiful map and UI, great portraits (when will the MotE avatars return?), and the deepest version of the style of combat featured in every PDS game besides HoI.

I also think the MotE system would have been perfect for an American Civil War game. Shame it didn't sell more, maybe it could have got a War of 1812 expansion which could have easily been modded into an ACW mod.

Reactions:
I have never played MOTE & always thought of it like a wargame, so am quite surprised to see people say they like it because it is a lot simpler than CK2 & EU4. I have both these two & don't find either that hard, though you need to spend many hours to understand them fully. It makes me think MOTE is a simplified game like Sengoku, which wouldn't interest me.