• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
If the Germans where superior they wouldn't have lost the war.

If the Germans where superior they wouldn't have lost the war.
It was practically Germany vs the world. Italy did nothing good, they were a liability rather than an asset. Japan went their own way and did not contribute much to the German war effort, in fact they were the ones who brought in the US into the war. They also did not attack the Soviets and in fact signed a non aggression pact with the Soviets enabling the Soviets to transfer many soldiers against Germany. And Germany had a lack of equipment rather than great fighters at the end of the war or they simply lacked fuel or ammunition.

Which doesn't change the fact that the kill-counters have a very immature view of the subject that involves the destruction of human life.

WW1 pilots were an amateurish bunch, and this was again a war where the observer plane was more important that the over-glorified aces.

Quoting another wrong doesn't make it right.

Well one spotter plane pilot could direct artillery fire to kill hundreds of enemy important yes but heroic no.The difference is that an figter pilot in ww 1 and ww 2 often meet an enemy eye to eye so to say.By the way Marseille always aimed at the engines

of his victims and avoided shooting at the cockpits so that his victims would have a greater chance to survival perhaps reflecting chivalrous values of a prior era.

You did win at losing, yes.
Sad to see that you have a World War peen too. But you also love to spread around the zomg Germony never won a war meme for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Fun fact: If it weren't for Germans being on top of each and every Military Ace list people wouldn't say that it's not important.

Sad to see that you have a World War peen too. But you also love to spread around the zomg Germony never won a war meme for whatever reason.
Germany defeated Russia in WW1. Germany helped in Spanish civil war and was victorious. Germany defeated Poland, Denmark, Norway, Yugoslavia, Greece, the Benelux countries and France in WW2.

Germany defeated Russia in WW1. Germany helped in Spanish civil war and was victorious. Germany defeated Poland, Denmark, Norway, Yugoslavia, Greece, the Benelux countries and France in WW2.
Yes yes I know and many more but that not the point. My point was that people spread self constructed memes for no reason. There are already enough conflicting memes about WW2 especially.
I just hate how emotional connected people who didnt live at that time are to this era.

Remembers me about how much flak I got when I stated that Japans economy was the most expanding one in ww2 proportional compared to where it started before the war. Everyone just readed Japans industry larger then the US one u mad ? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes yes I know and many more but that not the point. My point was that people spread self constructed memes for no reason. There are already enough conflicting memes about WW2 especially.
I just hate how emotional connected people who didnt live at that time are to this era.

Remembers me about how much flak I got when I stated that Japans economy was the most expanding one in ww2 proportional compared to where it started before the war. Everyone just readed Japans industry larger then the US one u mad ? :rolleyes:

Agree now I understand why that has not come any sugestion on pilots to my thread who was the best fighterpilot in ww 2 so many Germans with over 100 victorys.

Fun fact: If it weren't for Germans being on top of each and every Military Ace list people wouldn't say that it's not important.
Yeah, i am totally convinced the list wouldnt be criticized if it was similarily dominated by US airmen. Or Soviets. Or, hell, the French :D

Well isn't it the fact that Germany is top and still lost that makes it clear that it's not that important.

Germany didn't pull its pilots into rear areas after a certain number of kills to train replacements like the Allies did. They stayed on the front line until they died, were captured or survived the war. That is one major reason why they dominate the list of aces. It isn't a strength either, it is a fundamental organizational weakness of the Luftwaffe, shared by the Japanese air services. The Luftwaffe of mid-1944 for example was a handful of "super aces" like Hartmann surrounded by a bunch of poorly trained replacements. Not exactly a great situation to be in. The problem was even more acute with the Japanese.

Generally, the Germans weren't nearly as amazing as people tend to think they were. Read any credible book published in the last 20ish years and in almost any language, including German, to find that out. The historiography has dramatically shifted to a way more nuanced, and correct, view of the German military of the period. In English I would recommend David Stahel or Robert Citino.

Because the towns and villages of France and Belgium (not to mention Eastern Europe) are literally littered with the hundreds of thousands of dead bodies of young men and women who had the courage to stand up and say/do the things that the German people should have done a thousand times over. The memorials in our towns and villages are a constant reminder of what happens when people do not stand up for what is right. I cannot think of many families in England who have not had a connection to the war, whether it be a lost family member, caring for the traumatized soldiers who returned scarred by battle or traumatized by the horrific things they saw the Germans capable of. Families who were split apart and destroyed, local towns and villages that were transformed immeasurably.

For every 100+ so called 'Ace' on that list. That is 100+ families destroyed and torn apart, primarily because that 'Ace' chose to use his talents to serve a genocidal regime as opposed taking the hard path that the 100+ men they killed were forced to take.

Last edited:
Because the towns and villages of France and Belgium (not to mention Eastern Europe)

And yet it's the British and Americans who are completely occupied by this subject of history.

Oh the irony.

For every 100+ so called 'Ace' on that list. That is 100+ families destroyed and torn apart, primarily because that 'Ace' chose to use his talents to serve a genocidal regime as opposed taking the hard path that the 100+ men they killed were forced to take.

"What is conscription and fighting for your country?"