• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I honestly and unironically want an Americas expansion.
Imagine kick-starting the age of discovery early and establishing feudal societies in the New World.

The United Duchies of America.

:cool:

Brazil was actually a monarchy, so there are a plethora of historical ducal, comital and barony titles (although in reality they were all titular, with the exception of the title of Emperor).

If it's another map expansion then it'll be the first CK2 DLC I won't buy (I've bought literally every single other one). If it's China I might quit. India already doesn't belong on this map and serves no earthly purpose. China will just be another useless lump of land that doesn't belong.

If it's another map expansion then it'll be the first CK2 DLC I won't buy (I've bought literally every single other one). If it's China I might quit. India already doesn't belong on this map and serves no earthly purpose. China will just be another useless lump of land that doesn't belong.

Actually China is very important because of Trade, Tech, and MONGOLS. Frankly, India is less important, more something for the Musliums to attack (as what happened historically)

I think a March announcement and April release date is the most likely. Since they just did a small DLC and think the next one will be a big DLC again.

I'd like a DLC that continues the trend of Charlemagne and expands the law system. More sophisticated laws for moving up from a Duke to a King to an Emperor. Making religion tie into laws more would be cool too.

Of course, Land Trade routes are another commonly requested feature.

Actually China is very important because of Trade, Tech, and MONGOLS. Frankly, India is less important, more something for the Musliums to attack (as what happened historically)
Yeah. But I think the Trade-Routes and Tech aspect of China could be simulated via events and decisions in the Intrigue menu. IMO the only real reason for expanding to China is for simulating more of the Mongol conquest and adding a couple extra start-dates for important Chinese periods.

I really think China is better suited for CK3 because of how much you would have to add to the game in order to make it historically accurate.

I honestly and unironically want an Americas expansion.
Imagine kick-starting the age of discovery early and establishing feudal societies in the New World.

The United Duchies of America.
Ugghhhh... I honestly couldn't stand it if CK2 got anymore historically implausible. AND BEFORE ANYONE WHINES... in Paradox Interactive Land there is a difference between ahistorical and historically implausible, like reforming pagan religions and Aztecs invading Europe.

EDIT: Sorry for the accidental double-post.

Except if we go by history, the map expansion will be included with the free patch, meaning you'll be stuck with it anyway (muahahahaha!). But yeah, the performance problems that RoI caused should hopefully be enough to prevent an expansion to China.

One possibility that doesn't get mentioned often could be mercenary companies; we could play as e.g. the Catalan Company and rampage Anatolia during the downtime between contracts. Maybe aiming to eventually conquer a county and become a feudal lord, like several of the condotierre did. It's one of the few landless character types that one could imagine having some playability, and condottieri families were very much a thing, so you could keep the dynasty mechanic going. Plus, it would fix the situation where you capture the head of a mercenary band, and he can't afford his own ransom:angry:

Theocracies DLC!

At least, I really, really hope so. It's one of the last areas that have so much potential and it's one of the next logical steps. I mean, by default we have feudal realms - with the game's release. Then, we got Merchant Republics as a DLC. What's next? Theocracies, of course. It's one of the last entities on a custom game screen that says all in red, 'Can not play as x!'. This used to be the same for the Byzantine empire, Merchant Republics, and iirc, even Muslims before the Sword of Islam DLC.

Here's a really good thread with some great ideas thrown around for Theocracy DLC content... some very fleshed out stuff we came up with...

Which brings me to another point - I feel like Theocracies would be the next best serious DLC that people won't complain or haven't been complaining about not wanting to see (like CHina and expanding the map, etc), that also the community here as dedicated a lot of time to give the developers at Paradox some great ideas for, to draw from. And it really is one of the most logical next steps for a *serious DLC* on par with Sword of Islam or 'Republics',.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...at-I-haven-t-seen-suggested-yet...&highlight=

I'd love a Steppe Horde DLC, focusing on fleshing out Tengrism, turning Manichaeism into a proper religion, unique events for Altaic culture rulers, and a new system for Steppe Nomads to differentiate them from traditional feudal rulers and non-nomadic tribes.

I'd love a Steppe Horde DLC, focusing on fleshing out Tengrism, turning Manichaeism into a proper religion, unique events for Altaic culture rulers, and a new system for Steppe Nomads to differentiate them from traditional feudal rulers and non-nomadic tribes.

I would love this to pieces.

One possibility that doesn't get mentioned often could be mercenary companies; we could play as e.g. the Catalan Company and rampage Anatolia during the downtime between contracts. Maybe aiming to eventually conquer a county and become a feudal lord, like several of the condotierre did. It's one of the few landless character types that one could imagine having some playability, and condottieri families were very much a thing, so you could keep the dynasty mechanic going

This is something I'd really like to see as part of an Inland Republic expansion.

A Mercenary Company could adapt a lot of the features of republics; a fortress that you could improve along the same lines as a Family Palace that would increase the size of the company as time went by along with other benefits would work well. Maybe garrisons along the lines of Trade Posts that you could construct in different locations to expand the number of kingdoms that you can enter contracts with.

Hellenic Religion Expansion cause Bizzies don't get enough love.

But seriously, who doesn't want to declare themselves a Emperor?

You could set back the timeline even farther too.

only in a potential alternate history

I'd love some hellenic love. We've gotten so much ahistorical stuff that I think it's totally okay at this point. Just give me a reason to play the base game without Hellenic addons again.

China DLC.

They've already said there wouldn't be a China map expansion, but then, they also said there wouldn't be an India map expansion. And too many people kep asking for it. I only hope they don't do it, because my computer struggles from time-to-time with the game as it is, and it's gotten worse since RoI. If they were to add China, I might as well give up on playing the game at all.