• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Approve

Use ITS on Panzer

Approve

Use ITS on Panzer

Good, I think...

At any rate, it's good unless aedan is a spy, in which case he can sabotage and have the obvious presumption of guilt fall on me. I'm happy with this, though, as I learn of another spy with 100% certainty if this goes south, and otherwise we get a passed mission.

Only 1 person yet to vote

70d3b211ee59cb3c2d2bafe1418359d2.jpg

Reject

Purely ceremonial, this team has a greater chance to fail, as I am not on it and I am a resistance member. Furthermore, it is ceremonial because it has been approved by four people.

The team of Panzer, aedan and madchemist was APPROVED 4-3:

APPROVE: Panzer, Rovsea, madchemist, aedan
REJECT: Falc, Dexander, alxeu

Panzer must play his SUPPORT or SABOTAGE in public.

The team was sabotaged once.

Round 3

Leader is alxeu.

Overheard Conversation (Use immediately) The player to whom the Leader passes this card must publicly choose one player adjacent to him on the player list. This player's role will be revealed to him through PM by the GM.

Keeping a close eye on you (One time use) The player to whom the Leader passes this card may use this card to learn whether a player SUPPORTED or SABOTAGED a Mission. The player holding it may ask, by PM to the GM during the team approval or mission phase, to use it on a player on the Mission team, and when the mission has concluded will learn whether the specified player supported or sabotaged. A player's mission order may not be checked by more than one player.

After KACIOU has been passed out and OC resolved, alxeu must propose a 3-man team.

Well this confirms that Madchemist was the spy from team one. Shouldn't have trusted him, wouldn't make sense for a new player like Dexander to have the guts to sabotage the first mission like that. KACEOY is worthless, but OC is useful. Giving it to falc means he could check madchemist or I, but I don't know if we can trust him. I trust dexander now, but having him check anyone won't help prove it. Panzer seems an unlikely spy, but he and Madchemist could've set-up the team with two spies so they'd know how to sabotage by my ITS, avoiding a double sabotage easily. If that's the case, then we're pretty screwed. We need the OC to get in the hands of someone trustworthy, but I can't think of anyone who that might be, besides possible alxeu himself, but that's not an option, since he's passing out the cards.

Of course. Why should I expect anything different?

If nothing else, after the game, this should very, very clearly establish that aedan should not be trusted merely upon rejecting a failed mission.

However, if we want to win this game, you have two options. Take a chance on me one more time, and try to find the third spy with the OC, knowing that Dex and aedan are two of them. I know you have no reason to trust me, and that this would be a dangerous shot in the dark. It would pay off for you this time, but I quite understand if you decide against it. Otherwise, give the OC to Falc, for goodness sake, and have him check me, or aedan. Either one should serve to tell the truth, unless Falc is the third spy, though I would honestly prefer that you check me. If you trust Dex and aedan, the game is over already.

No, Madchemist, we're not just gonna trust the person who's been on both failed missions.

One of you and Dexander is a spy.
One of you and Aedan is a spy.

You're the only person to figure in both.

For this reason, we have to give the card to Falc and have him check you (or Aedan, but that would create a chain of assumptions as opposed to a tree)

He says you're good, we know for certain it's either you and him or dex and aed and we take chances on the third.
He says you're bad and it's either him, aed, dex or you've successfully sabotaged two teams alone and good on you for that, but we get 3 mostly cleared people

However, if we want to win this game, you have two options. Take a chance on me one more time, and try to find the third spy with the OC, knowing that Dex and aedan are two of them.

Two sabotages isn't enough, you want to get all three? And I hope no one seriously trust this, how many teams does he have to be on that fail before you need to consider him a spy? Also I don't want my record of being the only one to sabotage three teams in one game to be broken. I may not know who to trust, but I know we need to keep madchemist off any future teams. And madchemist wanting falc to check him, makes me wary that falc is madchemist's spymate.

No, Madchemist, we're not just gonna trust the person who's been on both failed missions.

I didn't expect you to. And I almost certainly wouldn't either.

One of you and Dexander is a spy.
One of you and Aedan is a spy.

You're the only person to figure in both.

For this reason, we have to give the card to Falc and have him check you (or Aedan, but that would create a chain of assumptions as opposed to a tree)

I understand and approve of this.

He says you're good, we know for certain it's either you and him or dex and aed and we take chances on the third.
He says you're bad and it's either him, aed, dex or you've successfully sabotaged two teams alone and good on you for that, but we get 3 mostly cleared people

Yep.

Two sabotages isn't enough, you want to get all three? And I hope no one seriously trust this, how many teams does he have to be on that fail before you need to consider him a spy? Also I don't want my record of being the only one to sabotage three teams in one game to be broken. I may not know who to trust, but I know we need to keep madchemist off any future teams. And madchemist wanting falc to check him, makes me wary that falc is madchemist's spymate.

No self-respecting resistance member is going to let the spies walk all over them. (For that matter, no self-respecting spy would stop at two sabotages when a third was very much in range, so yes, I would be doing this as a spy as well. I know that.) You've set this up quite well. But you're going to have to earn this third mission; you've already gotten two for cheap.

If Falc says I'm good, the Resistance members essentially get a choice of two groupings, one of which must contain two spies. I know for certain that you and Dex are spies. I need everyone else to be aware of this too.

So, if MC is not a spy, we have two of them - aedan and Dexander.

Which, if you look at the votes so far, might just fit. For 7 proposals, they've either voted the same way, or one of them made the proposal and the other rejected it.

Granted, this last proposal did break that mold, but still.

Which, if you look at the votes so far, might just fit. For 7 proposals, they've either voted the same way, or one of them made the proposal and the other rejected it.

That's actually not that suspicious. We've voted the same way on 5 proposals. 2 of those proposals were universally rejected by everyone except for you. So voting the same there means nothing. And for the other three it was mission one teams which contained neither of us, so either approving in such a scenario is more unusual than both rejecting. We've also both rejected all the teams containing the other on it, further hurting that theory. I only consider Dexander cleared now because I know Madchemist is a spy, and I think it is unlikely a double spy team like that would've passed and gone with only 1 sabotage. Regardless this attempt to cast suspicion on us through dubious means certainly is making me less trusting of you.

Well, that last one kind of had to break the mold, since voting for a mission with me on it would look pretty bad for Dex.

Looking back at the past proposals, btw, I think Falc and alxeu both don't fit overly well with aedan as a spy (Falc proposed aedan, aedan proposed alxeu). So there's something, at least. If correct, that would also mean my proposal in round 2 was perfect, which would almost annoy me if true.