• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you would like to upload a savegame, I can prove to you that there are almost no wars in your game caused by aggressive war declarations.

I started my current game as Petty King Konan of Breizh in 1066, put down various rebellions after revoking titles, joined an unsuccessful crusade for Jerusalem, Normandy declared war on me which I won thanks to help from the Holy Roman Empire, the Holy Roman Empire asked for my help in a war against England (I agreed), Normandy declared war on me again and I won again, France asked for my help in putting down a revolt (I agreed). Apart from those, I've started a number of wars myself. It's now 1265 AD. Doubtless there should have been more war in the game than there has been, but it hasn't been warless.

Any time there's a shortage of wars, you can occupy yourself playing the marriage game, which is quite interesting if you have the patience (it's slow).

Last edited:
That's really great. Anecdotes, unfortunately, are not very helpful, for reasons I will leave to your imagination. (One hint as to one possible reason: Most of what you describe is irrelevant to the levy bug.)

Again, if you would like to upload that particular savegame, I would be happy to demonstrate that the bug is wreaking havoc on your game.

No, many/most realms will be hit with the bug within 10-20 years, especially larger realms. Some realms will be hit within 1 year.

Virtually all realms will be hit within 100 years.

It is not possible to go 150-200 years without having the levy bug significantly affect your game in demonstrable ways. If you think this is the case, you are simply wrong and do not understand the bug.

If you disagree, please upload a savegame that you have played for 200 years, and I will be happy to demonstrate that most AI countries in your game cannot wage offensive wars.
Sadly, I don't have a save game stored that went longer than 150 years. There is one at 139 years however. Here you go, but I can play for a bit longer tomorrow, if you want 150+ years.

It's not unplayable, it just suffers from a less challenging quality of opposition than usual

This is not to criticize P-dox at this time or dwell on 2.3 problems, but only to correct the statement quoted. The problem is not only inability to declare a new war but also Raised Levies opinion penalty with the vassals, which can lead to revolts and prevent certain laws from being changed (where the requirement is that no vassal have a negative opinion of you), perhaps trigger some assassinations or plots, skew election results.

Status
Not open for further replies.