• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Would be a good reason to get an english version of EU, so that I can finally try mp... ;)

On the other hand - will Falalalala(etc) be also released as a single? :D

Originally posted by Sorcerer

On the other hand - will Falalalala(etc) be also released as a single? :D

Sure hope so. I wanna get the long play dance re-mix.:D

I think that the text in Carolus Rex sig is an attempt to make a modern version of it:D

Beware!

Do not set to high expectations on this game. EUII is a far better game than SR3. SR3 is okey, but EUII is a much better balanced game. I get the feeling this is just about Paradox earning some easy money and at the same time damageing their reputation more than the cash will bring. "we have a very bad reputation" and loosing only one BB-point every 6:the year will be the ruin of Paradox. Why? Or maybe it is some other company that has interests in selling this old game? And at the same time ruins Paradox good name? Just say no to this!

regards
Leia

Originally posted by Leia
Beware!

Do not set to high expectations on this game. EUII is a far better game than SR3. SR3 is okey, but EUII is a much better balanced game. I get the feeling this is just about Paradox earning some easy money and at the same time damageing their reputation more than the cash will bring. "we have a very bad reputation" and loosing only one BB-point every 6:the year will be the ruin of Paradox. Why? Or maybe it is some other company that has interests in selling this old game? And at the same time ruins Paradox good name? Just say no to this!

Its not about getting easy cash, its about getting enough cash to afford to pay salaries.

Beware!

regards
Leia

Hm I don’t know if there is enough information to make a judgement yet but hopefully this will be a good game. I don’t think that the guys at Paradox are primarily a bunch of money machines even though they have to generate money since they are in business.

All the work with EU2 contradicts your suspicions really. Why put in a lot of work with EU 2 if they only want to maximize their profits?

The key thing about new releases is that they should not release games before they are fairly playable. On the other hand they have to take some chances and some games will be unsuccessful, that is inevitable. The reason for the failure should at least not be that the game was not accurately tested before the release. Hopefully the new game will do well and if so maybe we will get EU 3 someday
:D

Originally posted by Judge
Hm I don’t know if there is enough information to make a judgement yet

But you are the JUDGE you have to make a judgement!:p :D WHo needs information when you are the JUDGE?:D

Hm I don’t know if there is enough information to make a judgement yet

The lack of information is a piece of information by itself. Why is there so little known about this game? I read on a pre-order site the game is scheduled for release in May 2003. In that case, shouldn't there be lots of internet reviews and things like that? Perhaps I'm searching wrong, but when I search for this game with Google, I don't get many links. Due to this lack of information, I fear the game won't be very good, and that Paradox is just hoping the 'Europa Universalis' title will generate many sales.

Originally posted by Sonny
But you are the JUDGE you have to make a judgement!:p :D WHo needs information when you are the JUDGE?:D

Remember "In dubio pro reo" that is if you do not have enough evidence you should not pass a judgement :D

Maniac: I am not saying that the game is good but rather that we will have to see if it is good or not.

Since the news of the coming release is of recent date it is not that strange that you do not find that much information I guess. After HOI I also have some concerns but I hope Paradox will not make the same mistake again:p :rolleyes:

Originally posted by M@ni@c
Due to this lack of information, I fear the game won't be very good, and that Paradox is just hoping the 'Europa Universalis' title will generate many sales.

The game was originally released in Swedish with the name "Svea Rike III". There is a forum dedicated to it here, thats been around for quite a long time.

And it has sold about as much as Eu1+EU2+HoI together in the markets currently released.

Adding the EU name was a decision of Strategy First, as they thought the Svea Rike III name was not good enough for the US market.

Look. With your eyes. :cool:

"Crown of the North" is not a new game. It's an old game with a new hat and a new name.

It's Svea Rike III translated to english, likely because a lot of people have expressed interest in playing the game but can't because of the language issue.

Svea Rike III is not a sequel to EU but rather to Svea Rike II and as such a GREAT improvement (for those of you who haven't played SR II, just trust me).

This is not an issue of EU _OR_ Svea Rike III but an issue of EU _and_ "hey look, a game about medieval scandinavia with the EU feel. Cool."

I'm buying it, as I believe in voting with my wallet, and I'm itching to see what's on the goodie CD. :D

Okidoki Johan!

I am not surprised by your answer. :D And I also agree with you that people working should get their salery.

I was mostly trying to make people to not expect a new EUII since it is a different game and in my opinion not at all as fun as EUII. But if the price is good then it is worth buying. Maybe it is because I've played SR3 and felt it was like a less good EUI and and even lesser good EUII.

I'm more intrested in the new game taking place before EUII in time that is supposed to be able to be imported into EUII.

cheers
Leia

There is a forum dedicated to it here, thats been around for quite a long time.

Unfortunately I don't speak Swedish. Did I miss an English forum about it? :confused:
After making me remember again that Crown of the North is actually Svea Rike III, I did another Google search, asking for English pages, and I only got 13 links, of which none were a Svea Rike III review, on first sight at least. So even though I try hard, I as a non-Swede cannot find any information.

Hi M@ni@c.

Since the game is in swedish I doubt you will find any usefull information. The game is ok, at it's release it was rather good. But it is strange to compare SR3 with EUII. Compare it to SR2 and I would say it is a HUGE improvment. If it is not to expensive buy it, otherwise do not.

cheers
Leia

Is it going to be relased outside USA?

Second that! I want to play this game! Guess there's always the old overseas-purchase from the US.

Definitely agree that there's very little info on this though, it's not even mentioned in Paradox's games list - I had to go to the Strategy First site to check that it was even being developed.

...But it is strange to compare SR3 with EUII...

well no, cause they have the same game engine and SR3 was kinda the testfield for Europa Universalis. If i, however, state my honest opinion about SR3 or this "new release" i think johan will get me banned:p ;)