• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hm. It's likely to be one or two out either way, I just searched "Lite" in the games forum and checked the signups of Lite games I'd posted in. It won't get sub ins, outs, failed games or other oddities right. But...

...13/37 in Lite.

If in doubt, try asking Jacob-Lundgren. Mods should be able to see deleted posts. Hence ghost pages.

And thanks Arkasas :) The one stat I'm eternally curious about is win percentages, but that would be a job and a half.
Win:survived but lost ratio/got lynched as a wolf is a less elegant but I think more incisive metric. :p

Only because my win ratio is inevitably going to be pitiful.

This thread bears Euro's Walrus of Approval.

Win:survived but lost ratio/got lynched as a wolf is a less elegant but I think more incisive metric. :p

Only because my win ratio is inevitably going to be pitiful.

Why not just Win:Survived but lost/got lynched? Getting lynched as a villager often shouldn't make you look any better than getting lynched as a wolf, especially since the latter is often not under your control due to scans.

Why not just Win:Survived but lost/got lynched? Getting lynched as a villager often shouldn't make you look any better than getting lynched as a wolf, especially since the latter is often not under your control due to scans.
Actually yes you're absolutely right there.

Of course I am.
To be even more precise though I'd think of removing cases where wolves have got lynched by JL scans, at least in the early game, but your crude model will do for now. ;)
:laugh:

Reactions:
Is that some kind of norwegian moose meat candy?

Why would he need that?
Nah it is some sociatel bonds which govern society here in Scandinavia. Basically it can be summed up to---which is what mostly happens in Scandinavia: You are not to think you're anyone special or that you're better than us.

It can be more written out in these ten rules.

You're not to think you are anything special.
You're not to think you are as good as we are.
You're not to think you are smarter than we are.
You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are.
You're not to think you know more than we do.
You're not to think you are more important than we are.
You're not to think you are good at anything.
You're not to laugh at us.
You're not to think anyone cares about you.
You're not to think you can teach us anything.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante

It was meant as a poke at how people teased him about inflating his ego.

Nah it is some sociatel bonds which govern society here in Scandinavia. Basically it can be summed up to---which is what mostly happens in Scandinavia: You are not to think you're anyone special or that you're better than us.

What happens if you don't conform?

No. Because America.

:)

What happens if you don't conform?
You are shunned and will most likely be told 'You are not to think you're anyone special or that you're better than us'. If you keep up you risk being socially excluded. Though there are exceptions. A professor for instance won't get the 'You are not to think you're anyone special or that you're better than us' if he tries to tell you something from his field of expertise, but some smartass might bery well.

No. Because America.

:)
It can be good at times, but it certainly also has its downsides. One of the good things is that it hammers down smartasses and braggers. Similarly I believe it is part of why we have a sane social interaction with strangers on the street. We don't have that crazy American way where you have to be artificially polite, smalltalk with strangers and pretend you are interested in them. Here everybody minds their own business, don't talk with strangers unless there is a factual, good reason for it and people do what they can to not invade people's personal space. So when on the bus or train you will notice that if somebody is already sitting on a seat---even though it is a 2, 3 or 4 person seat, nobody will take one of the other places on that seat until there are no empty seats; and then they will position themself as far away from the stranger as they can on the seat, so in case it is a 3 or 4 person seat they will be sitting at opposite sites. Similarly if two seats are positioned in in a way, so that they face each other, people will sit diagonally, so for instance on the first seat the person sits at the window and at the opposite one the person sits at the row.

Let me get this straight: you've made a law to explain how humble your society is? And you bring it up constantly to demonstrate the extent of your humility?

Let me get this straight: you've made a law to explain how humble your society is? And you bring it up constantly to demonstrate the extent of your humility?

I don't know about you, but that sounds more arrogant than a mad chemist.

Reactions: