• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With the return of these traitors, deserters, and criminals, I cannot help but notice the growing number of untried criminals currently in custody. Therefore, I urge our provisional government to act swiftly and organize fair trials for the accused. Seeing justice done, in my view, will bolster the moral of the people and serve as an indication that life in the Vault is returning to normalcy. This is a view I trust that the provisional government shares. I will make myself available to Mr. Alexander and Mr. Swanson of the provisional government should they require my services in this matter.

One Vault, One Voice.

- Mark Fitzwell

While my opinion is of course of lesser value to important men like yourselves, I'd like to offer it anyways. I believe that after all of this fighting and sacrifice, the first priority should be giving the people what they deserve; a fair government. We should start with elections. Once we have political justice, than we can proceed onto criminal justice.

~ Nathan Armstrong

((I don't have enough time to keep up with this anymore. Jackson really is dead, but I won't be able to write an IC for it. Good luck with the game guys, will try to look through every now and then.))

A traitor has returned, and we must see justice done! Many merely were caught up in the chaos of the coup, and so those who have returned so quickly should be given light punishment, to heal old wounds and restore order to our Vault. But this Khan was one of the ringleaders of the coup. He must be made an example of, as well as Danijela Novak. Both led many of the Tyrant's enforcers to kill our friends and families. To let them walk free would be an insult. They must be executed, as an example to all who would try and disturb our way of life and oppress our freedoms. If we are light on the leaders of a coup, then we only encourage further attempts. We must send a clear message. Those who are merely pawns of tyranny should be treated differently than those who pushed for violent upheaval at great cost to innocent citizens.

I guess the ones who just fled in panic can be forgiven, but the ringleaders must DIE, and the ones who fought for them should be seriously punished.

Having thought the matter over extensively, I have come up with the following suggestion:

The prisoners currently in custody (numbering, to my estimation, almost half-a-hundred) should be given the opportunity to confess their treason. Should they admit guilt, it is my recommendation that they be put to work, helping to rebuild what their repulsive behavior destroyed in the first place. Further, they should not be permitted to vote in the impending elections, hold positions of authority or opportunity (such as jobs that would place them in proximity to sensitive or vital materials, i.e weapons, the water supply, food.) though I would expect this to be an obvious stipulation. This "probationary" period should last no longer than necessary. I trust the provisional government to come up with a suitable length of sentence on their own.

I agree that the more severe instigators and ring leaders should be punished on a more significant level. Death is the only suitable punishment for such crimes against the Vault and it's people. My only concern is that the accused should be given at least one opportunity to plead their case. The Vault has seen is fair share of wanton bloodshed, and I do not desire to become the monsters we have ourselves defeated.

One Vault, One Voice

- Mark Fitzwell

I support the proposed measures to make those who have returned work to be re-integrated, however I believe completely and utterly that Khan and Danijela Novak were too involved in the organization of crimes against the citizens of Vault 191 to be shown such mercy. I demand they be executed, after a fair trial. They can plead their case, but we know all too well that they were among the highest ranks of the Tyrant's forces, with only Commander Jackson ranking higher. I am also displeased to see Congressmen Mycroft also free, when he supported the Tyrant during the coup, and accepted the position of 'Secundus' from the Tyrant. He has worked against the will of the People, and his attempts to act like he was always opposed to the tyrant reek of opportunism. He cares not for our lives and freedom, only his own position. I demand he also be put on trial, and in the event such a trial can not be held before the election is complete, then he should be barred from running for congress.

I support the proposed measures to make those who have returned work to be re-integrated, however I believe completely and utterly that Khan and Danijela Novak were too involved in the organization of crimes against the citizens of Vault 191 to be shown such mercy. I demand they be executed, after a fair trial. They can plead their case, but we know all too well that they were among the highest ranks of the Tyrant's forces, with only Commander Jackson ranking higher. I am also displeased to see Congressmen Mycroft also free, when he supported the Tyrant during the coup, and accepted the position of 'Secundus' from the Tyrant. He has worked against the will of the People, and his attempts to act like he was always opposed to the tyrant reek of opportunism. He cares not for our lives and freedom, only his own position. I demand he also be put on trial, and in the event such a trial can not be held before the election is complete, then he should be barred from running for congress.

You clearly do not understand the nature of my "opportunism", as you put it. I was a leader of the Resistance from the very beginning, and I used the tyrant Scott's trust to undermine his regime from within. If you wish to kill me, you would only prove yourself to be no better than the bloodthirsty men we have driven from this Vault.

(( :rofl: ))

You clearly do not understand the nature of my "opportunism", as you put it. I was a leader of the Resistance from the very beginning, and I used the tyrant Scott's trust to undermine his regime from within. If you wish to kill me, you would only prove yourself to be no better than the bloodthirsty men we have driven from this Vault.

How convenient that you were 'always' on our side. And proof of this? Oh you surely don't need that, you're a congressman, you're above the people and laws. I demanded you face trial, not death. If you were truly innocent, then a trial would give you no fear, but you seem to be adamantly opposed to letting the people decide something for themselves. you are focussed on imposing your will on other, forcing yourself into position after position, ignoring the mandate of the People. I am not a bloodthirsty man, I would see no more bloodshed if possible, but such idealistic ideals can not always be held to. Some times the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants. We have seen enough patriots fall, but have we seen enough tyrants fall? I think not. So I ask you, which are you? Patriot or Tyrant?

I too must express my disbelief as to Mr. Mycroft's claims. The allegations brought against Mr. Mycroft, if true, are deserving of nothing but the highest penalty. Furthermore, I am alarmed as to how easily the Congressman was able to switch his allegiance, once the Coup had been successfully thwarted. To be absolutely certain that the corruption of Louis Franklin Scott and his ilk has been purged from our hallowed Vault, it appears to me to be necessary to place Congressman Mycroft on trial alongside the other instigators. If he was, as he says, working against the efforts of the conspirators, certainly he will be able to provide proof to a court of his peers to support his innocence. If not, then it is my view that he should be made to answer for his crimes, and doubly so for having deceived the people of this Vault further.

One Vault, One Voice

-Mark Fitzwell

"I do not believe that we as the temporary congress shall cast any judgements. I believe that we for now put the elections, which I believe are scheduled to be held in 2 days, on the 3rd of February, as our first priority. The newly democratically elected congress, for the people, by the people, will have the legitimacy and the support to be able to conduct fair trials for all those involved in the grim matter." Donald Swanson states.

"Once the new congress has been elected, it is their duty to form a Constitution for the vault, something which many has brought up."

Slavko was thinking what to do these new people they found in apartment complex. They were clearly abusing some kind of drug and they didn’t seem too useful. But they were local and they surely knew some useful information.

Order: interrogate prisoners. Find out what factions there are in town, who has food, who has guns, who has drugs, with what can you buy stuff. After extracting as much info as Slavko could, they will be left to Princeps judgment.

And also by the order of princeps, Nova Romas army was reorganized-order:
120 men will be divded into 3 centuriae and 18 best men will be under Praetorian Guard. Praetorian guard will make sure Princeps is safe and will serve as his bodyguard and elite unit.

The Shatner Expedition February 2nd-10th

The party had been traveling for days going in and out of buildings weaving through the rubble covered streets of New York. During this time their had been one birth and three deaths due to the constant shootouts the party seemed to get into wherever they went. However as the sun set on February second it was to be their last day in captivity. The leader of the slavers lead them down a narrow street with rubble on both sides and so the man became alert sensing danger he ordered two men to scout the road ahead. Suddenly an explosion could be heard and then before anyone could react a snipers bullet hit its mark as the commander went down. And then there was chaos automatic weapons were firing and the guards were falling all around them.

A grenade went off and Will was knocked off his feet his head hitting the ground with a dull thud. When he came back around he was lying on a mattress looking around he could see three other men lying on mattresses all of whom had wounds with differing levels of severity. Looking down he was grateful to be still mostly in tact. He tried to stand up and managed to hobble out of the room he was in. He could hear talking from down the hall and making his was to it he began to move too quickly for his clumsy feet and stumbled falling again with a loud thud. The voices stopped and he could hear people walking down the hall. When he looked up again there stood a man who was smiling offering him a hand he helped the wounded soldier up.

Bringing him into the hallway he could see a small fire was lit and a gang of grizzled soldiers sat around it. Sitting Will down by the fire the man who helped him up asked where he was from. Will deciding not to lie told the men that he was from a Vault in Central Park Vault 191 and that he and his party had been trying to escape from the violence there. The men around the campfire laughed replying that if he was looking for peace he had come to the wrong place. And then it was Will's turn to ask them where they were from.

Chuckling a man who appeared to be the commander of the squad revealed that they were members of the Union Chapter in New York City suddenly realizing that Will likely didn't know what any of that meant he explained that the Union was an organization running out of DC which fought slavers across the east coast. Will suddenly concerned then asked about his family and party. The men smiled and told them that everyone was alright and accounted for and that they were sleeping in the barracks downstairs. Will decided to talk with the men around the campfire for a while longer before limping back to bed however when the morning rose he had two options. His first option would be to stay with these fighters and assist them in their struggle against barbarity. Second they could strike out again however this time far fewer people would be coming with him.

[Shatner free, Union guerrilla fighters pick him up, he can stay and join the revolution or go if he decides to go 10 people will come with him however he'll receive weapons/ammo and food/water]

uRZyzz4.png

Lynch the night his wife was murdered

Name: Doctor Michael Lynch

Political Party: Libertarian Party

Profession: Vault Psychiatrist

Bio:

The son of a bartender, Michael Lynch spent much of his youth in Donald Swanson’s club where his father worked. He often saw people sharing their problems with his father who did his best to help them out when he could, something that stuck with Michael throughout his schooling. When the G.O.A.T determined that he would be well suited for a career in medicine, he began studying under Doctor Arden, finding himself taking an interest in psychiatry.

After years of hard work he became the official vault psychiatrist and started his own practice, marrying Virginia Law, an engineer. On the night of the coup he had happened to be with his wife at Swanson’s club, visiting his father, when three technicians were shot, provoking the revolution. Rather than actually fight in the rebellion he tried to use his medical knowledge to help those wounded in the fighting, to mixed success. As the coup dragged on and tear gas flooded the third floor he and his wife fled up to the second. When security forces opened fire on the crowd Virginia was killed, horrifying Michael, who continued trying to save her long after she died. Despite his loss he is doing his best to help those who lost loved ones during the fighting.

As expected, I, Mark Fitzwell, am running for Congress in the upcoming elections. to give the people of the Vault an idea of my beliefs, I have on the advice of my council comprised a short list of my ideals and goals.

On the matter of Vault security, I believe in a well trained, well regulated security force. I will push for a voluntary draft of security officers, in order to recover from the losses sustained during the Coup. I will also work towards ensuring that lethal force, such as the use of firearms, is curtailed among officers. The blatant misuse of the position of security officer and the weaponry that such a position grants one access to was a key contributing factor not only to the Coup itself, but to the utter chaos and many deaths that followed. Once in office, I will not allow such abuses of power to happen a second time.

On the matter of the outside world, it is my view that our efforts should first and foremost be in the interest of healing the wounds of our recent conflict. All Inter-Vault problems must be addressed, and the Vault itself stabilized before the outside world is brought into consideration. As I have said many times, our unity is our most powerful tool. Once the Vault has recovered and is once more functioning at a satisfactory level, I would be open to exploring the possibility of contact outside of the Vault.

Once elected, I will work tirelessly to ensure that the corruption that led to the Coup is smothered, stamped out, and extinguished. I am intentionally running as an Independant, for I beleive not in serving political parties, nor in simply furthering the ideals which such parties promote. My allegiance is to the Vault and its people, and nothing or no one else. Let us not forget that it was a coalition of political parties, motivated by self serving ideals, that made it possible for the lunatic Louis Franklin Scott to seize power to begin with. As important as it is that future Overseers be held accountable, and their influence and power held in check, so too must it be a priority to hold our Congress and ourselves accountable.

Thank you for your time.
One Vault, One Voice
-Mark Fitzwell

The People's Party will be running for office, with John Foucalt being their primary candidate.