• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Isolationist Party
UGVXBrG.png

The Isolationists are founded on the ideals of security, strength and safety. We oppose the ill-thought notions that we should explore the surface and expose our vault to unnecessary dangers that lurk the surface. The Isolationists know that the vault is more than capable of sustaining us and we would oppose anyone that believes differently. To claim that we need to escape the vault is to insult the very society that guided us through the apocalypse. The Isolationists would expect better from our politicians than hatred for the very vault that bore them and nurtured them. The Isolationists further support a strong military and security force, an effective and decisive Overseer that needs not consult with every citizen of the vault for every single measure and a orderly and stable vault. To accomplish this, the economy shall be allowed freedom but shall be subject to the government of the vault. The Law will be enforced strictly and any who would break this law will receive severe punishments. Any man or woman who supports our military, our police, and our vault is encouraged to join the party and further the cause of the vault. Strength in unity!

Members:
Danijela Novak, President.
Ross Armstrong, Vice President

us%5Evfce.gif

The Union of Vault Engineers and Technicians​

The Union of Vault Engineers and Technicians is the faction that most engineers belong to, and it is one where all engineers can come together and share their ideas. Vault engineers aren't usually elected to positions, but when they are, they promise to uphold these ideals.

1. No one person shall not have a say.
  2. Technology is valued more than military.
  3. Everyone is equal.

Positions:
Steve C. Olbert - Head Technician, President of the Union
Sam Kelly - Deputy Head Technician for Improvised Tech, Deputy President

Last edited:
In a secret archive, deep down in the vault

Khan was there again. As he had been many times before. An archive long lost to the vault. No one really seem to care about it, not after his father died at least. He had inherited the key to the archive after his father died. He still longs after the days, when his father was still alive. It was a life of luxury and wealth. However, after the death, Khan was thrown out. He spent a lot of time down in the Archive, looking for traces of his birth. He had never been told anything about it. Not even who his mother was. After hours and hours of searching, he would sit down, back against the wall, and nearly break down; but he stood strong, never showing signs of fear or other emotionally things when he was out in the vault. He only showed it, when he was down in the archive.

2S2MrRT.jpg

The Vault-First Party

One of the major parties in Vault 191, the Vault-First Party has often been described as a populist party due to the majority of its stances on policies switching in the wind as the mood of the Vault's citizens change. This has served the VFP well enough over the years, allowing it to grow as it supports the most popular policies currently while preaching its few unchanging policies: expansion of the security forces into a full-fledged military and an opening of the Vault to secure resources and create a surface nation. Though many outside the VFP's ranks accuse it of promoting authoritarianism, leadership under founders Louis Franklin Scott Jr. and Cal Oldsson have encouraged the democratic principles within the VFP. It has only been founding member Samuel Jackson that has been an advocate of turning the overseer into a dictator position, a stance that is very much a minority within the VFP. Regardless of this internal dispute over the role the overseer should play in the Vault's government, the VFP is united on its populist ideas, expanding the security forces, and opening the vault to the surface.

Members:
Samuel Jackson - Head of Security (Founding Member)
Cal Oldsson - Congressman (Founding Member)
Louis Franklin Scott Jr. - Congressman (Founding Member)

Last edited:
The Centre Party

4600.gif
The Centre Party is a moderate centrist party that combines elements of the Vault First Party, Pro-Business Party, and Brotherhood Party. However, it is not technically a big-tent party -- just a party with a range of moderate views.

Economic Policy: The Centre Party is strongly capitalist, and it believes that an economy with limited government interference is the best option for Vault 191.

Military Policy: Due to the dangers present outside of the Vault, the Centre Party stands firm behind the men and women of the security forces. A powerful military is necessary if the surface is to be explored.

Democratic Stance: Democratic values are at the core of the Centre Party. The party supports having term limits for Overseers, and it would also support the expansion of democracy outside of the Vault.

jD6ne2a.png

The United Homesteaders
"Home is Where the Heart Is"

The United Homesteaders was a party formed on a simple premise: the Vault has provided safety, shelter, and prosperity while the world above was assuredly a hellscape of nuclear fire and communism. To a Homesteader, the Vault is all one needs, and the true home of all, not some notion of an outside world that is by now wiped away; one should be thankful and content for the luxuries afforded by the Vault. From this single notion arises the majority of the United Homesteader's beliefs, those of status-quo, an orderly society, a strong, albeit peaceful, armed force, and above all the creation of a loving and conservative society built on morality over violence.

Government: The United Homesteaders reject any radical shift, be it a dictatorship or the abolition of the Overseer and the creation of a full democracy. While not totally objected to evaluating reforms to the terms of an Overseer, the vast majority of Homesteaders are content with the current system, as it has worked thus far.

Military: The United Homesteaders value the tenants of order and stability, but also peace if possible. Thus, Homesteaders have remained ardent supporters of the armed forces and the policing forces and support their strengthening however possible. However, the use of the military in surface operations in conquering and spreading the Vault is rejected, and Homesteaders regard the military as essentially peacekeepers, not tools to wage real war.

Economics: The United Homesteaders are generally quiet when it comes to economics, and prefer minimal intervention into business and government protection of the general wellbeing by not enforcing draconian taxation or laws upon business owners or consumers.

Members:

Doctor Kurt Magnus Arden - Founding Member

Name: Don Ceranova, Vitone Ceranova

Political Party: The Ceranova Family, The (former) Genovese Family, The Mafia

Profession: Mafia Boss, The Don, The Godfather

Bio: Vitone Ceranova was the consigliere of the Genovese Family. Not much is known of his ancestry, except that he's presumably descended from Lombard immigrants who settled in New York. Thanks to the untimely death of his predecessor Don Genovese and Don Genovese lack of a blood heir in the vault and the knocking around of some heads, Vito Ceranova arose to the position of Godfather.

The Layout of Vault 191

First Floor: The Vault Door, Living Quarters (500 people), Cafeteria

Second Floor: Armory, Overseer's Office, Congressional Offices/Chamber, Living Quarters (500 people), Vault Guard HQ

Third Floor: Generators, Vault Technician Offices, Living Quarters (500 people), Storage (Food, Water etc.)

Last edited:
The Ninth Overseer Vault Elections

Following the death of the eighth Overseer of Vault 191 a man by the name of James Rockefeller elections were called an the entire congress was brought to session. It was up to them to decide the fate of the vault, to decide who the next overseer would be. It was up to them to find a candidate who could bring unity to the vault and who would be able to deal with the impending resource crisis which was approaching.​

I now call congress to order congressman please name your candidates! Voting will end when a clear majority emerges for one candidate.

((Also on the matter of NPC congressman. Note: Number includes PC

3 VFP Congressmen
4 UVTE Congressmen
1 Isolationist Party Congressmen
1 CVRE Congressmen
2 Pro Business Congressmen
3 Centre Party Congressmen
4 UHP Congressmen
In total 18

Last edited:
UGVXBrG.png
The Isolationst Party wishes to announce that it will be running on a joint ticket with the United Homesteaders, with Doctor Kurt Magnus Arden as our joint-ticket candidate. This coalition will bring peace, stability and prosperity to Vault 191, rather than risking valuable lives on doomed expeditions to the surface we shall focus on developing our home instead, creating new jobs, resources and foremost, strength for the Vault. The Homesteader-Isolationist alliance will be focusing on expanding the security force to curb crime, ensuring a stable vault which will benefit all, from the bottom to the top of the vault. With a more stable, more secure vault, our future will be prosperous. A vote for the Homesteaders and Isolationists is a vote for security, stability and strength!
jD6ne2a.png

((Just letting you guys know, I'm back at college so I won't be able to be on IRC anymore due to really bad wifi. If you need to talk to me just shoot me a PM, and I'll try to reply as fast I can.))

Society In Vault 191

First Level: In the first level of the Vault lives the so called upper class of Vault society. Here lives the families of the merchant class as well as many politicians and many military officers. People living on the first level tend to be more sympathetic to parties such as the VFP or those who are on the side of isolationism and they see little wrong in their society.

Second Level: On the second level of the Vault lives the middle class of the Vault here many workers and the grunts of vault security make their home. This level is pretty evenly divided politically with most of the moderate vault citizens living here. The second level is also home to the Centre party and sees the most traffic throughout the day as it serves as the crossroads between the first and third levels.

Third Level: The third level of the vault is home to the more anti-establishment inhabitants of the vault. The people with the hardest and most dangerous jobs call the third level their home as the Vault Technicians settled down here to be closer to the generators which they so carefully maintain. In addition to this the third level is also the base of operations for the more criminal elements of the Vault the Ceranova family has established its protection rackets down here in the underbelly of the vault and the Swanson Club is another prominent feature of the third levels landscape.

I thank the Isolationist Party for their vote of confidence, and I do hope that I live up to the great responsibility entrusted to me as a candidate for the title of Overseer. On behalf of both myself and the United Homesteaders, I confirm this partnership and my acceptance of nomination to lead this blessed Vault as the Great Eight before me as has, to form a more perfect society of neighbors.

Order: 5th Squad commanded by Danijela Novak will station themselves by the vault door, preventing anyone from tampering with the vault door controls or trying to escape without express orders to open the door. Should any such person be found, 5th squad will attempt to subdue them using batons.

Order: Sergeant Danijela Novak is countermanded by the Head of Security; with 5th squad ordered to return to guarding the generator room. 3rd squad is, instead, ordered to guard the Vault's main door.

Last edited:
The UVTE calls upon the VFP. CVR, Explorers, and all others wishing to survive and thrive to agree to a coalition government of responsible expansion back towards the surface and prevent the slow death which is our only alternative.

((Also on the matter of NPC congressman. Note: Number includes PC

4 VFP Congressmen
4 UVTE Congressmen
1 Isolationist Party Congressmen
1 Explorer Party Congressmen
2 Pro Business Congressmen
3 Centre Party Congressmen
1 Independent Congressmen
3 UHP Congressmen
1 CVR Congressmen
In total 20

((To everyone I PM'd about a coalition: please take these stats into consideration. I did not see this until after I sent the PM to you all.))

I suggest the following platform for the coalition:

1: Cautious exploration outside the Vault for resources, technology, and eventual expansion if practical.

2: Equal representative democracy for all Vault citizens.

3: A strong security force to protect us from external threats, without infringing upon the domestic freedoms of Vault Citizens.

Pro Capitalist Party (PCP)

Important Values

Free market without government interference

Privatization of all non-essential government, including security forces and healthcare

((I wonder why LK is trying to get me to join this game.))