• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Only four more to go! Apparently advertising in the big worked.

Oh, excellent. Bear maulings always enhance a game of sportsball.

Can you believe they tried to disallow the traditional bait-the-bear-escape-the-claw? The political correct suburbanite brigade are out to kill the sport, I tell you!

Why else would giant corporations spend hundreds of millions yearly in propa advertisement? ;)

Better question is - do they also spend millions for decent deaths? :p

Better question is - do they also spend millions for decent deaths? :p
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. :ninja:

* Quietly writes something down in his notebook *

In as a girl whose sister plays soccer, the most boring sport in the entire world.
I disagree with this statement. There are many sports more boring than soccer. Water polo. Cricket. Polo. Checkers. Magic: the Gathering. Also, only one more spot left!

How about curling? And I like checkers!
Sure, curling is pretty boring. And I like checkers/chess too, as well as MtG, but when you play with someone who takes a looooong time to make a move, it can get boring.
If you like chess, have you seen Searching for Bobby Fischer?

Sure, curling is pretty boring. And I like checkers/chess too, as well as MtG, but when you play with someone who takes a looooong time to make a move, it can get boring.
If you like chess, have you seen Searching for Bobby Fischer?
Ah, my grandfather takes 5 minutes every move. *sigh*

No, I haven't. Is it about searching for Bobby Fischer?

Ah, my grandfather takes 5 minutes every move. *sigh*

No, I haven't. Is it about searching for Bobby Fischer?
Metaphorically, yes. It's about a little New Yorker who takes an interest in chess (thus the Bobby Fischer), starts playing the 'gangsters' in Central Park, gets really good, gets an actual instructor, goes to championships, etc. I won't spoil the rest, but it was quite good.

Do you play chess, GUG? I've been getting into it literally just in the past couple days so it's interesting you posted that. Been looking for some good games I can read. (I actually came to this thread just now by searching 'chess'.)

Do you play chess, GUG? I've been getting into it literally just in the past couple days so it's interesting you posted that. Been looking for some good games I can read. (I actually came to this thread just now by searching 'chess'.)

Here. Also, sign in or use ghost colour (preferably the former)?

I'll take that to mean you're in, then. And yes, I do play, just not professionally (if that's what you were asking).