New major title to replace late EU4 and the gap between EU4 and V2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't think it's a bad representation. It's just focusing on different things. That said, I think the current EU-CK border is right where it should be.
Don't get me wrong, I like EU4 as game, but it sadly fails to represent the primordial aspect of politics, map painting, exploration, reformation, enlightment, renaissance and etc due to not having any characters.

I would gladly support this game.

I also support this game. There is no simulation for the Enlightenment in EU4, and no good way to simulate it at the moment in the game. One possibility I can think of as an Expansion to EU4 (EU4: Enlightenment) would be that once the Peace of Westphallia fires in the HRE and the Wars of Religion end that in High Base Tax provinces (12+ish) there is a chance for the Enlightenment to begin, which will create a Papal/HRE like tab at the bottom of the screen which creates characters and their locations, and you can interact with them, encourage them to come to your country, etc... and they give bonuses/punishments (slower autonomy decrease but greater likelihood for Base Tax increase) and they can also be executed but this would create a very large penalty (huge revolts etc...) and if a country had enough figures there is an increased likelihood for a revolution. Probably could be better done in another game but Art of War has also shown they are not afraid to do this kind of expansion for the game.

My supports for the idea. Although such a game could start before 1789.

Better to make it 1763 with multiple (well-designed) start dates. You'd want to be able to have dynamic American Revolutionary Wars.

I would really like to see this. A fascinating period of history, that's not very well modeled in EUIV. Colonial nationalism, enlightenment ideas, absolutism and revolution. Bring it on!

Personally I don't like short time period games. Would much prefer that the American / French revolutions be added to Victoria. A lot of the required systems are already in that game (if you can model a communist uprising that goes on to install communist govts through Europe, you can do the same with the Jacobins).

EU4 poorly covers late game. By this I mean the end of the 18th century and the start of the 19th. Issues include:
-Colonial independence handled badly
-North America is messed up because the Louisiana Purchase never happens
-HRE almost never being dissolved unless the player intervenes
-Countries that historically decayed such as Spain and Ottomans normally remaining stable
-Most importantly Napoleonic Wars not happening to the extent that they historically did, changing the landscape of Europe forever.

I reckon most of those problems could probably be fixed with a big expansion rather than a whole new game... Perhaps we just need a major expansion focusing on EUIV's late game and fixing these problems?

It would make more sense if CK2 lasted much longer - like 1600.

Then, EU4 could focus more on Enlightenment and political development. You'd have to do something with Spanish conquests in the New World in the early 1500s, but mainstream colonization like in EU4 didn't even really start until the 1600s anyway.

Then, EU4 could focus more on Enlightenment and political development. You'd have to do something with Spanish conquests in the New World in the early 1500s, but mainstream colonization like in EU4 didn't even really start until the 1600s anyway.

You have a point. But I don't think CK2 should last so long - maybe CK3. The time span could be something like 1050-1550. Then we would have a EU5 with a little different setting. New countries! New interesting situations! New blobs! EU would last until 1850, no gap filling game needed!

I would love this, but it seems quite difficult to do when Charlemagne pulls Crusader Kings II backwards into the middle of the Dark Ages (despite the game's mechanics working best around the Late Middle Ages.)