• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Reads fine to me. I often do all-night writing sessions myself. I like how you combined the minutae of Widow Douglass and grand international affairs. If even the Americo-Liberians can't keep their votes I do wonder how things will unfold for the African majority. Its fun to see such a maligned country like Liberia get a proper history book AAR. Heartily subbed.

Frankly, the only thing about writing all night the sheer fact that it turns into a grind, but I just can't stop until I'm finished completing the story in a single sitting or else I just forget about it. In a few weeks though I'll be going back to school so I'll have to change the pattern in which I write all my stories soon enough, so expect updates to become even more wildly inconsistent.

On Liberia; I think the country's history was just far to fascinating to pass up a narrative AAR on. I mean, the battles with the native people, the history behind the unification, the bizarre system of segregation; it's all very fascinating to me. Also, expect many, many more minutaes in the future, because since Liberia isn't really 'central' to modern history, I'm going to have to rely on the little stories to actually fill the AAR with at least some content.

same, this is one of the most detailed AARs i've seen, this is friggin epic m8! 100 solid udaptes is very ambitious indeed, i am certain that it hasn't been done before, but i am sure that eventualy it will work and this will be one of the most famous AARs out there, i can't wait to see how Liberia further advances into the trials of the Victorian age, how it industrializes, and how it possibly adquires new territories... you know, Sierra Leone looks tempting : ), if you have the support of the USA of course

Hmmm, you're right; Sierra Leone has been looking mighty fine lately :D

Great update, and well done!

Wow, I've never seen such a well detailed AAR. The closest would be volkschmarchall but even he doesn't do a chapter for every year. Keep it up and you'll have me as a faithful follower for all your future AAR endeavors as well.

Thanks for the support. Yeah, I'm just coming to terms with how long this AAR might possibly be (I mean, if I do an update every week, it'll still take me almost two years to complete the full century), but I'm sure I'll get around to it sometime in the future. In terms of detail; as a fan of history, particularly African history, I felt it's my duty to actually provide some substance to the updates I'm doing (I'm aiming for around 4,000 words per post), however whether it'll be interesting-or-not will be up to the reader (my main forte is economic history, however I always try my hardest to right enough content for politics and the military when the times call for it).

Speaking of which; I've spent the past few hours playing through the next year to update (1838), and I want to tell my readers right now; there's going to be a lot of info-dumping coming up (I don't expect the update to come out for another few days (I'm thinking it m going to be roughly 7,000 words long), given how much stuff actually happened that year). Also, as I've said in my last reply; I'm writing up a separate part for one particularly large conflict that's caught my eye (I've decided to simply do individual updates for all the conflicts that I feel are deserving of it), so just make sure to look out for that in the near future, because I'll try to give as much info on those as possible.