• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Insular Christianity description:
"In the British Isles there were a distinct number of practices and traditions that made Jesus' Brythonic and Gaelic followers different to their continental contemporaries. These include a distinctive system for determining the dating of Easter; a style of monastic tonsure; a unique system of penance; and the popularity of going into "exile for Christ". The monasteries that were founded in the most wild and secluded places of the British Isles produced some of the greatest works of art ever to honour God's name and their saints went on to spread the Gospel from the Alpine slopes of St Gallen and Salzburg to the frigid isolation of the Faroe Islands and Iceland. After the Synod of Whitby or Streanœhealh in 664 these traditions began to decline as Britannia's, Hibernia's and Caledonia's Christians practiced the rites of Rome more than their own traditions. Yet their spiritualism and artwork always left a distinctive mark on the inhabitants of the British Isles."
Oh, thanks. I had made a basic one, but this is far superior. ;)

I think he meant that Viceroys of the Roman Empire(s) shouldn't be allowed to fight war on their own
Not be able to declare wars against eachother or declaring wars themselves? Ok, noted.

With regards to the viceroys, they should be called differently. Now they are called Despot, I don't they were called that. According to wiki they were called praefecti praetorio in the Diocese of the East(Oriens) and Praefecti Augustalii in the Diocese of Egypt. Also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Praetorian_prefecture_of_the_East http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diocese_of_Egypt has a list of some of the known governors of those provinces. And Cilicia should be part of Oriens.
Noted.

speaking of the Insular Faith, it looks like the holy sites are an exact mirror of the celtic faith. I am wondering if that is WAD. At least in Ireland, the celtic faith's holding should be Tara and the Insular faith's Irish holy site should be the bishopric of Armagh.

speaking of the Insular Faith, it looks like the holy sites are an exact mirror of the celtic faith. I am wondering if that is WAD. At least in Ireland, the celtic faith's holding should be Tara and the Insular faith's Irish holy site should be the bishopric of Armagh.
Already in the post as a suggestion.

At the risk of sparking controversy there was/is a feature in the Witcher Kings(?) that allowed you to sexually assault a prisoner, with a possible chance to conceive a child. Might be an interesting addition?

At the risk of sparking controversy there was/is a feature in the Witcher Kings(?) that allowed you to sexually assault a prisoner, with a possible chance to conceive a child. Might be an interesting addition?
Well, all suggestions are suggestions. I would personally never do this ingame :)(), but I'm not the one taking decisions concerning those things.

Well, all suggestions are suggestions. I would personally never do this ingame :)(), but I'm not the one taking decisions concerning those things.

I'm with you on that one. >_> Just might be an interesting addition, given that we already seem to have a game that's alright with genital mutilation, kidnapping, child killing and mass executions.

The vassal of the roman empires shouldnt fight against another vassals in the same realm, and shouldnt declare wars on outside realms.

You do realize that this would basically kill all playability of Roman Vassal characters. I'm fine with implementing one of them, but implementing both is a bad choice imo.

You do realize that this would basically kill all playability of Roman Vassal characters. I'm fine with implementing one of them, but implementing both is a bad choice imo.
Well, this is true and I think that, if one of them should be included, the wars on outside realms should be the one that is restricted.

I have an idea that should help with migration army's being too large: If you win the war and have over 5000 troops you should have a decision that takes away your troops in increments of 500-30000 depending on the size of your migratory army, and randomly converts a county in your new realm to your culture and religion. The idea behind this being that if you migrate, at least some people of your culture should also migrate and some of the counties that you conquered should change to your culture and religion.

Another idea is that when you migrate any counties of your culture should absorb the culture and religion of the surrounding realms, similarly to how the vanilla Magyar migration works, once more this is to simulate your people migrating

Well, this is true and I think that, if one of them should be included, the wars on outside realms should be the one that is restricted.
I actually think it should be the other way around. I remember reading about many times in this time period governors waging their own campaigns against the "barbarian" tribes. OTOH, I've never heard of Imperial governors waging war on each other. I'll see if I can find an example to back up my words.

I think Roman Vassals should not be able to declare internal wars. It'd stop Governors conquering parts of other provinces, because they have claims or w/e. IDK, I just like pretty internal borders

Some way to weaken the slavs whether that be more non slavic cultures within the borders or putting powerful nations to the east to force them to migrate. The reason I say this is because one tribe usually ends up on top of them all and creates a ginormous empire that never moved an inch from its original spot. What are all thecuture splits for the slavs I know theres serbo-croatians albanians and macedonians but are there pomeranians, poles, all the russian cultures, and bohemians?

Some way to weaken the slavs whether that be more non slavic cultures within the borders or putting powerful nations to the east to force them to migrate. The reason I say this is because one tribe usually ends up on top of them all and creates a ginormous empire that never moved an inch from its original spot. What are all thecuture splits for the slavs I know theres serbo-croatians albanians and macedonians but are there pomeranians, poles, all the russian cultures, and bohemians?

Those didn't really exist yet. Poland and Bohemia aren't even controlled by Slavs.