• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How are you going to handle retinues and standing armies? I'm working on a series of events (Taken originally from the Imperial Revamp mod with permission) which give retinue boosts based on realm size (+10,000 per 50 realm holdings so long as you have the Imperial Administration law. The events are disabled otherwise). I made sure the retinue boosts don't stack, so the numbers I've ended up with are fairly realistic.

How are you going to handle retinues and standing armies? I'm working on a series of events (Taken originally from the Imperial Revamp mod with permission) which give retinue boosts based on realm size (+10,000 per 50 realm holdings so long as you have the Imperial Administration law. The events are disabled otherwise). I made sure the retinue boosts don't stack, so the numbers I've ended up with are fairly realistic.

The Legion system was supposed to do something like this with boosted retinue sizes as well as reducing feudal levies to 0. It hasn't been in for a while now though...

The Legion system was supposed to do something like this with boosted retinue sizes as well as reducing feudal levies to 0. It hasn't been in for a while now though...
Enlil mentioned it being in.

It's in, I've got legions as Romulus Augustulus, although they're not my vassals, cost a lot, and I still have feudal levies.
They are not finalized in that case.

A minor thing :)

Set de-jure capital of Old Saxony as Celle province (Rename it Marklo?), which is where the annual tribal council was held, reportedly. Anyway, its a more solid capital to have than Anhalt :)

Major thing? -

Moar localization! I know comparatively it'd be down the bottom of the list, but it'd be nice to see places have culture exonyms where possible - e.g. Middlesex/London named Londinium when owned by a Roman. It'd be cool (if possible) as an extension to this, to find, or "create" exonyms for places such as Tunis when owned by the Vandals, cause surely they wouldn't have called it Tunis (Possibly Carthago or some Germanic variant) so, render Carthago into the Vandalic (Gothic?) language.

Also I think most provinces should have their Latin/Roman names by default, as in many cases they were taken from the Romans directly to the specific tribe.

Well, anyway, these are just ideas/suggestions, for maybe some distant future version of the mod when more important gameplay features are done :)

Is it possible for the Manichean religion to get a recolor to make it more distinguishable from Nicene? Especially since the two faiths start out bordering each other in several areas. I can hardly tell them apart.

A minor thing :)

Set de-jure capital of Old Saxony as Celle province (Rename it Marklo?), which is where the annual tribal council was held, reportedly. Anyway, its a more solid capital to have than Anhalt :)

Major thing? -

Moar localization! I know comparatively it'd be down the bottom of the list, but it'd be nice to see places have culture exonyms where possible - e.g. Middlesex/London named Londinium when owned by a Roman. It'd be cool (if possible) as an extension to this, to find, or "create" exonyms for places such as Tunis when owned by the Vandals, cause surely they wouldn't have called it Tunis (Possibly Carthago or some Germanic variant) so, render Carthago into the Vandalic (Gothic?) language.

Also I think most provinces should have their Latin/Roman names by default, as in many cases they were taken from the Romans directly to the specific tribe.

Well, anyway, these are just ideas/suggestions, for maybe some distant future version of the mod when more important gameplay features are done :)
Thank you, for the first one, noted. If you have any specific localisation suggestion, we are open.
Is it possible for the Manichean religion to get a recolor to make it more distinguishable from Nicene? Especially since the two faiths start out bordering each other in several areas. I can hardly tell them apart.
Yes, do you have any specific color code in mind?

Yes, do you have any specific color code in mind?

I admit I didn't have any color code particularly in mind. Maybe just a darker hue of the color?

I admit I didn't have any color code particularly in mind. Maybe just a darker hue of the color?
Ok, will look into that.

For the purposes of symmetry, the WRE should be "Western Roman Empire" or the ERE should be "Eastern Empire". I prefer "Western Roman Empire" because "Western Empire" is too vague, especially in an instance where the ERE is gone.

Sugestion: Vasconism/Heuskarism/proto basque paganism.

When trying the mod for the first time I firstly take a look to areas where I want to play: Mazdean Sassanid Empire, Franks tribes, Lusitania, and Vaskonia... But when looking Heuskal Herria, lands of the basques, in religious map, I find it hellenic! I think that very weird, and a unique basque religion need to be done, even generical!

The basque tongue, Euskara, is an particular linguistic isolat in europa: this is the only surviving pre-indoeuropean tongue. And the basque poeple, descending from the Vasconian, the laste culture remaning by direct continuity from prehistorical europa, and their religion too.

Gods names:
The two mains gods are the great godess Mari, and her husband and god of thunder sky, the snake Sugaar. They have two sons: Mikelats, the evilness; and Atarrabi, the goodness. Other notables divinities are the earth-mother, Amalur, and her two daughters, Eguzkia, the sun; and Ilargia, the moon. The figure of Akerbeltz, the sacred black Goat, is also very important, and become a figure of evil at the christian times.

Event ideas:
The basque paganism survive slightly for centuries and is on of the main influances of the modern witchery folklore. The Sorginak, priestress linked to Mari, are witches who makes orgical ceremonies at Friday in sacred caves, the Akelarre(origin of the Sabbat of witches), in honor of Aker, they sacrified a sacred black goat and use high dose of a special drogue(taked with a special metod, at the origin of the folklor of the witch with a broomstick between the legs... :rolleyes: ) Many Sorginak wear burned for witchery. Akkelare can be an anual event decision. A minor decision can be the sacrifice of black goats: money for piety. In continuity from megalithic europa, basque contry have many menhirs and cromlechs, and the erection of a megalith can be an other decision.

Romulus Augustus should be from what I read 12 years old in 476. And please, change his name just to Romulus Augustus without that Mophulus.

I agree on him being a minor and his regent being permanently Orestes. In general, I'd stay away from that start date; it was broken in the beta and still isn't very polished.

Make some way for someone to reform the western roman empire, if they are roman culture maybe. In my current game a roman culture character rules all of italy, like 80% of hispania, and southern france. He inherited the visigoths as king of italia.

I agree on him being a minor and his regent being permanently Orestes. In general, I'd stay away from that start date; it was broken in the beta and still isn't very polished.

But remember, Orestes is dead by 476. Though I think Pollus, his uncle was in charge of Ravenna and his guardian, named by Orestes

Make some way for someone to reform the western roman empire, if they are roman culture maybe. In my current game a roman culture character rules all of italy, like 80% of hispania, and southern france. He inherited the visigoths as king of italia.

Who?

I think you need to have approval from Constantinople to become Emperor. You cannot just create the title.