• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GreatWyrmGold

Captain
47 Badges
Jul 8, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
There is one Mickey, and Disney is His prophet.

There's a mod you might have heard of called After the End. Due to its size, it isn't on Steam Workshop, which is a pain, but I've gotten it installed. It's set in North America (at this time, it goes from Maine to Mexico to bits of the Great Plains and Baja California, but it'll be from coast-to-coast and include parts of Canada by 1.0) in the year 2666, six or seven centuries after a catastrophe of some kind that wiped out human civilization...but not human life. The world has returned to a feudal way of life, with shadows of the old world lurking in the background. One of my favorite examples is the helmet which incorporates a faceguard similar to what you might find on a football helmet. It also includes a number of religions, without any pesky seas preventing massive holy wars. A couple of these religions are perhaps the most distinctive aspects of the game. The Americanist religion is interesting enough, but my favorite is the little Tribe of the Mouse in Florida, which...well, look up top. Also, I've discovered that they're actually Americanist, along with most of Florida south of the Panhandle (aside from islands of Atomicist and Santerian). It's a pretty small power, with a few other small powers around it, but the southern tip of Florida is held by the Caribbean Empire while the Holy Colombian Confederacy has but a couple counts to conquer before reaching us.

This is my first tribal playthrough, my first experience with the lovely Christmassy music, and depending on how things go, it might be my first experience as a vassal of someone. But let's stay cheery!

-----

I am High Chief Elias of the Mouse.
7NfHdg8.png

I am of Clan Waltney, greatest of the Clans, for we are kin to the great Prophet Disney. Oh, those Northerners in the holy city of Washington may believe that Washington is the greatest of gods, with Lincoln, Roosevelt, and their ilk following close, but we know that the great Mouse is the first among all gods, that Prophet Disney and his Princesses spread the Word across the Union and will return. The Northerners call me mad, but when they look upon Disney World, when they pray in the New Sphere in the holy town of Epcot, would they still say the same? I think not. Ah, if only I could make a pilgrimage to Disney Land, where the Prophet finished his own pilgrimage, but my resources are stretched and the intermediate land is filled with Christians and stranger people.

suHJD68.png

This is X, my heir. She's the only other Waltney alive--and a Christian, as Bugs would have it. I should marry her to someone nice. I should also get married, but more on that in a bit.

PjICMxX.png

This is my council, busy doing councilly things. They're important for various things.
Ferdinand is working out the ancient Waltney ownership of the Seminole region. He's short, cynical, lustful, and has a short temper, but he's charismatic and generous. Also, he likes oversized wigs.
Ferran is also short and cynical, mixing it up with laziness and a quite healthy sense that everyone is out to kill or hurt him. He's also just, aggressive in combat, a brilliant strategist, and has zero diplomatic ability (barely more learning). He's training troops in Orlando.
Chief Ponce of Daytona Beach is building my legend in Orlando. He's trusting and naive, as well as taking his pleasures in moderation and wanting to do what's just, but he certainly doesn't mind deceiving to do so.
Chief Orelian of Canaveral is brave and diligent, but prone to greed and envy. He slips through the shadows like he lives there, or was one himself, and is currently in Charleston to learn about their technology. He's also learned a couple dances.
Finally, we have Mathias, a scholarly theologan I just hired to convert those Canaveralian Atomicists. He's tall, clever, kind, and brave, but a bit cynical.

h3WPUoZ.png

These are the lower chiefs of the Mouse. I've already talked of Ponce and Orelian, but not Jaumet of Ocala. He has a massive, unmatched talent (and no skill) with money, but he is cruel, arbitrary, prone to wrath, and ambitious. He must be stopped, methinks.

XBi65QH.jpg

This is Florida and the surrounding region, with us and our two greatest threats marked clearly. The Evangelical "Holy" Colombian Confederacy is ruled by Emperor Algernon III, a foolish warrior wannabe, an angry, arbitrary, and paranoid leader. And did I mention he's a Christian? Ugh. The Caribbean Empress is also of concern. She's a clever, ambitious old lady, but patient. Her younger son murdered the elder--quite a scandal.

mI8zKLb.png

This is Hanna Gautier, daughter of Calhoun Gautier, patrician of one of the greatest families in Miami. With a bit of work, I could...finagle her into that position, I believe. I make arrangements for betrothal.

A President is elected. I run, half-heartedly. Judge Jackson of Punta Gorda, steward of Seminole, also runs, as does the Secretary of Defense and heir of Seminole, Forrest Clearwater, and Countess Babbs of Frederick.
lCPawPf.png

...This is a sign. The time of Disney's return is at hand. I, President Elias, will spread his word. I will return America to glory.

Reactions:
The whole idea of this made me laugh, I will be keeping a eye on this. :)

Seeing this has convinced me to try the After the End mod.

Been looking forward to seeing this mod get a good AAR. Eagerly following myself :) All Hail the Great God Mickey!
Good ol' TV Tropes.
And I'm glad you're so convinced that this will be a good AAR. I mean, I guess my last one was probably demonstrative of my skill, but...I guess what I'm saying is it's nice to have a fanbase. :)

-----

From the loading tips:
After the Event, some surviving zoos and circuses trained and bred their elephants for war.
Long-term investment, elephant breeding. Still, I'd like to see war elephants in some form. If it worked several hundred years ago, surely there would be some remnant of them somewhere?

Is it just me, or is loading a save in ATE a lot slower and "clumsier" than vanilla?
Anyways, somehow Willow is no longer my heir. What does this mean? If I die, everything goes to Chief Ponce. I'm not sure why this is now and wasn't earlier...I'd best just get a kid or several.

-----

I marry Willow and Matthias.

August. There is a massive revolt in the Confederacy, the Duke of Savannah claiming the Imperial throne with the Duke of Tuskegee and Black March and a number of counts backing his claim.

I contemplate the nature of work. It can be tedious, and when one problem is solved, another pops up. I'm getting tired of solving the same tasks again and again, but with the Second Coming of Disney approaching, I must keep at it; I can rest when I am with Mickey.
I have improved my learning, and desire to become exalted among men. [I cheat to make the ambition available to me. I didn't realize I'd lose the chance once I passed 200 Prestige!]

Willow fancies me. Well...the Waltney blood may as well be kept pure...and she is from a rather distant branch, I think...
"Mathias" and Willow have a daughter. As Willow is a Waltney, I override their name of Florence and instead substitute the name of one of Disney's Princesses: Ariel. Mathias thinks the girl is his, which is...good for me, I guess...

November. The Duke of Tuskegee and Black March has occupied a bit of nearby Confederate land, but the Emperor has occupied Savannah and a couple surrounding areas.

I decide to get a gift for Willow. I search for the most beautiful flower in the Everglades, and bring it to her.
Anna, a tall, ambitious courtier named for one of the Sister Princesses, seems...interested in me. She is ambitious, but virtuous and is the epitome of stateswomanship. It's great to be the President.

Savannah is unsieged.
Mid-July, '69, I realize I should improve my martial ability.
September. The Emperor takes the County of Talladega, one of the rebel counts. Count Ricky had died in the dungeons of Charleston.

Count Jubal of First Coast, my filthy Christian neighbor to the north, is being attacked by a massive uprising of Revelationists. With Jubal's army destroyed, this would be a prefect time to take the infidels' land...except that the Revelationist army is bigger than mine. Also, there's a risk that nearby Evangelical leaders would join in, and that includes the Confederacy. Still, they're pretty well wrapped up in internal matters...and as they say, "Put your shoulder to the wheel..."
I'll do it. New Years, 2670, the Tribe of the Mouse marches to war.
The lesser Mousy branches come to aid me. Jubal calls in Jed Starkville of...
6ZrzcoI.png

...yeah. Granted, Jubal's brothers-in-law are the spymaster and marshal of Oktibbeha, but still.
Chief Ponce has succeeded in praising my name and deeds enough to bring for me a number of warriors--376, to be exact, while the remainder of my normal forces number merely 1,578, and the lesser tribes total 1,131. It's not game-changing, but it helps. Nearly two thousand Mouse Warriors from my lands and over a thousand more from the other chiefs; in total, just over 3,100 warriors to crush the Christians.
We crush the first part of their army easily. Nearly two hundred fifty Christians, no survivors, nine Mouse Warrior deaths. Jubal's army has been crushed...now to deal with the Revelationists. We take the larger host first, numbering near 2,200. We have nine hundred more. They attack us before we can attack them; they lose, with nearly four times as many casualties as we took. Oh my. We continued to First Coast, crushing the small force there.

At about this time, Anna bore a son, named Chris.

The Revelationists launch another unsuccessful attack on the forces besieging First Coast before joining the ones in Osceola. They now number but eighteen hundred, while we still have over 2,650.
Chief Jaumet died of illness, succeeded by a two-year-old boy, a tall twin (his sister being unremarkable at this age). His mother and reagent accepts my call to arms and sends soldiers that somehow vanished...to Daytona Beach.
The Revelationists launch another unsuccessful attack on us, trying to take advantage of the Ocalan warriors' disappearance. Ultimately, they're just making it easier for us to crush them.

Matthias labels Chief Orelian a heretic. Now, he's greedy, prone to envy and wrath, a bit slimy, and rather shady, but he is not a heretic!

Hanna and I are married.

December. We finally take Jacksonville. Onto St. Augustine.

Ferdinand announces that he's found a claim for me on the County of Tampa.

Lochloosa is also attacking First Coast in a holy war. Luckily for me, his forces are about the same--pardon, exactly the same--in numbers to the Revelationists, so it shouldn't go too far. They attack said Revelationists and...narrowly win, with less than eight hundred troops left (the Revelationists having almost 840, both having started at 1,153).
On the same day as the battle, we take St. Augustine; around that time, the Ocalan soldiers join us.
Shortly thereafter, the Lochloosan soldiers attack the Revelationists (who had fled to Lochloosan soil) again, reducing their numbers more and driving both back to Osceola. Lochloosa finally had a numerical advantage, allowing a somewhat larger margin of victory that battle. The next, in Steinhatchee once more, had them joined by Seminole troops (the Duchess of Seminole is the sister of the Count of Lochloosa), devastating the troops.
Around that time, we took Arlington. At some point during the charade of a war, my Canaveral troops have left the siege for no discernible reason.
My fellow Americanists, having crushed the Revelationists, join me in sieging Bryceville. Once we finish, we all head to Osceola before I notice that the war has proceeded to a point where I can enforce my demands.

October, 2671. I now have nearly half of Florida under my control, but my demense is twice as large as it should be.

-----

Thinking long-term, I'm not sure if I want to become republican or feudal. I'm leaning towards the former, due to a combination of novelty and history, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

Go republic!

I never knew this mod existed... It certainly puts a new sheen on the game!

The Mouse appears to be going from strength to strength. Let's hope the Confederacy doesn't cast its gaze down into Florida, though (or at least not until you've got a much stronger realm to fight them off from).

I wouldn't mind seeing you go either way, but going republican might make for an interesting challenge in and of itself.

Interesting that you mention the Duke of Tuskegee. In one of my recent games he actually managed to depose the Littlepage emperors and put his own dynasty on the throne. Since I was trying to keep the Confederacy as allies (I frequently play one of the Appalachian Charismatics, since that's around where I live IRL), my own family line quickly ended up being much darker-skinned itself. I found that a little amusing.

Never seen an ATE AAR before. I'll surely be following this, looks interesting.
I'd say go republican.

Just about everyone agrees on becoming a Republic. Thing is, while I'm seeing an Adopt Feudalism decision, I can't see anything of the sort for becoming a merchant republic. Dammit...I hope one shows up...

-----

First order of business: I need stronger organization to hold my own against the likes of the Confederacy. Close second: I'm giving out titles.
Leon, allegedly my steward, is good at that but poor at everything else. I give him Arlington.
Lasker is a short, virtuous, deceitful man, skilled at tactics and good with company. He wants to be chancellor, but he's much better at war, money, and intrigue. Odd dreams aside, I give him Bryceville.
Melchor, marshal of Canaveral, is humble, shy, and cynical, but prone to wrath. Still, he has the highest levels of talent and training for stewardship and a good grasp of martial matters; I make him Judge of St. Augustine.
Finally, we have Orelian, who is shy, honest, just, temperate, zealous, and a scholar. I grant him all of Osceola.
While I'm at it, I check my council. Anna is a better chancellor than my previous one, so a-chancelloring she goes. Mayor Lasker is a slightly better Spymaster than the old chief who was holding the post, so I replace him. Finally, Melchor is a far, far superior steward to Ponce [18 to 11 is pretty big], but for some reason I can't appoint him as steward. Hurt feelings are minor, I believe.

2672 rolls around. I decide to go on a pilgrimage, to celebrate my triumph over the Christians. I decide to take nothing but the clothes on my back.
First, I visit Boston, the ancient center of learning and knowledge. It is held by an Occultist, Chief Abel of the Migonids. I try to flatter the Chief, but fail. Hence, I choose to slip in unnoticed, which apparently impresses Abel enough to give me permission to enter. While there, I choose to learn as much as I can from the Fathers.
As February dawns, I reach New York, a massive, sprawling ruin. I try to imagine what it was like when it was alive, vibrant, known as the Sleepless City. So many ships on the Hudson River, so many buildings and islands and roads and canals...The Lord Proprietor of New York is an Evangelical banker. I again try flattery, and again fail. These damn Christians are always getting in my way! I sneak in, and spend my time in "the Big Awful" (never understood that nickname) talking with other pilgrims.
Next, Philadelphia, the birthplace of America. The Duke of Philadelphia is a good Americanist...
9b0PZfo.png

...well, he's an Americanist. And he likes books! That's good! Anyways, I use my charisma and whatnot to give an inspiring, patriotic speech, which works better than flattering Christians. I choose to learn still more.
Next, Washington, the seat of American government. Swamps have started to reclaim the city (perhaps this deserves the name of Big Awful), but many monuments are still standing or at least restored or remade due to the diligent efforts of Americanists. Americanists like High Judge Franklin, another banker, this one zealous, strong, and depressed. I give a patriotic speech, and he decides to host me in his own hall! I also visit the old White House, crumbling. Once, I would have lived here upon election. My faith has been strengthened, and I shall spread it! I hope!
Richmond, City of Struggle.Duke James of Piedmont is away, fighting the armies of Kaynich of Deitscherei, but his representative invites me to the ducal hall. My faith grows ever stronger.
Late April, I return home at last. What a glorious pilgrimage.

Willow has avoided me for some time...I suppose it isn't a surprise that we broke up in the end.

I decide to work a bit towards putting my wife at the head of the Castellanos family, but scarcely had the plan begun before one of my co-conspirators let his loose lips sink the ship.

Anna gets me a claim on the County of Tallahassee. Good work.

An assassin who might have been hired for some unsavory purpose assembled a party of mercenaries to ambush Neptune, my brother-in-law. Just before Exmas, he died, with no one the wiser as to who did it. Excellent, excellent, now just wait for--
Znxy7EP.png

But...earlier Hanna was on it...and Agnatic-Cognatic means women can inherit...and...I hate you!

Only one thing can cheer me up right now...
VbL9UD8.png

I've played a Mouse game myself, being from Orlando. I don't know how far you've played it out, but I ended up playing an exile game in Mexico (and eventually conquering Cuba) because stopping the Confederacy from taking Florida from me was impossible. Caribbeans are a bit of a paper tiger though, they couldn't stop me from holy warring away Miami because I popped two tribal armies and just slaughtered the half morale 3k stacks they landed on the peninsula to defend.

Regardless, praise be to our Mousey overlords. Bring the prisoners to the wreckage of Lake Buena Vista and have them fear the power of His Mickeyship.

I don't know how far you've played it out...
I don't know if this is standard, but I don't type the AAR until I'm actually playing the game, and I don't keep the AARs stored. So, unless I'm halfway through playing/writing an update, what you see is what I've got.

Thanks for the warning about the Confederacy, and the note about the Caribbeaners. Maybe I'll claim my wife's land myself. But for now, I'm interested in becoming the King of Florida and figuring out how the heck I turn into a republic. Maybe the wiki has something?
Oh hey, I didn't post this yet. The wiki mentions it being possible, but doesn't give any indication as to what might be going on here. Maybe it's the fact that Orlando isn't on a coast?

Yeah, to see the republic decision, your capital has to be coastal.

That's annoying. Let me guess, if I turn into a republic and then move my capital inland again, something annoying is going to happen, right?

In other news, I grabbed the Charlemagne DLC, because it was required for a neat-sounding Found a Duchy mod. But now I have it, so yay!

-----

Menard Sharpes, chancellor of Canaveral, has been converted to Americanist. Shame the same can't be said for Canaveral as a whole...
A few weeks later, I hear that the majority of Canaveral has been converted to Americanist. Excellent. I move him to First Coast.

Late February. Three thousand two hundred and one Mousy warriors have arrived in Ocala. The army of Seminole, numbering two and three-quarters thousand, waits in Tampa.

As the armies march, I struggle with figures. Hanna offers to help; I accept. I'm...content with that.

Our warriors crushed the Seminole army when they ambushed us along the way. Their officers order an attack with the army broken and weak, while ours is strong and proud. These battles bring us most of the way to victory [82% warscore].

Ariel needs a guardian. I decide to take on the task (for now, at least). Maybe I can cure her of these Evangelical delusions...

Mid-December, I take Tampa and enforce my demands. I thereafter claim the title og High Chief of the Seminoles.

Anna died giving birth to a son named Velasce. I suspect he will be tall, and he's certainly ill. I make a short, charitable scholar with numerous vices as my chancellor.

The last day of February, I discover that my wife is pregnant...but I was away...
I discover my wife has a lover, one Atlas Dunnellon, a tough soldier full of sloth, envy, lust, and trust. He's so unpatriotic that he might be said to have negative Patriotism, he claims to be of House Dunnellon but no one else has made such a claim, and...ugh!

Judge Francis claims he would make a better Chaplain than Matthias...and he's right. I can tell Matthias is a bit sad, but he's not angry at me.

EVldX5z.png

Western Christianity? So...not the Evangelicals and Occultists? Interesting, I thought they all followed this Pop guy.
A crusade is almost immediately declared for the crown of Jacinto, held by King Louis the Good of Louisiane. Not long after, the Ursuline Abbess-General declares a Crusade for New England, a kingdom-level title held by no one, but apparently the land being held by Occultists isn't good enough for her. Wait...Occultists...
Christians declare Crusades on each other?

Mayor Lasker, my spymaster, has been discovered snooping in Charleston. Apparently, they didn't buy his "learning the dances" excuse. I appoint Chief Orelian to the post and send him to snoop in Orleans.

My wife gives birth to a girl named Flora.

History has always fascinated me, and I've spent the last few weeks studying the campaigns of someone called Alexander the Great. I never knew Founder Hamilton was a conqueror! Perhaps attributing the Wars to Washington was incorrect? And perhaps I, too, will march east some day...into the...ocean...
(Some events still need to be updated, it seems...)

I convert Ariel to the proper faith.
Mayor Keon has been accused of heresy by my chaplain. I check; it's incorrect.

The Duke of Puerto Rico is revolting; this might be a good time to take Miami for Disney. Yes, yes, I like this plan...

Was there meant to only be one picture?

Was there meant to only be one picture?
Given the fraction of posts in The Tale of Demman which were updates and the guidelines on images, I'm not sure I should have even one per update. But no, I didn't intend there to be multiple images that time.

Okay, I was just making sure that the images weren't forgotten. I don't really care if it has pictures or not.

Why does the launcher remember every mod I selected last time and the several times before that, except the Black Cat and Tall and Short mods?

March. Two months passed since the declaration of war. Nearly five thousand warriors wait in Okeechobee. Over five hundred more are on their way, but I will not wait for them. Within a month, their Floridian forces are crushed. In late June, we crush a few dozen reinforcements with slightly over half our forces, lead by Ferran, Melchor, and Orelian. In August, Chief Ponce brings his soldiers back from raiding (side note: Americanists are apparently the kind of pagan that can raid) and sends them to the fight. Later that month, eleven hundred and two warriors are inspired to help against those Cubano swine. I try to lead them to the last bit of Caribbean Florida not under siege, but they don't budge, preferring to attack the trade post there.

Ariel is acting a bit arrogant. I warn her that pride goes before a fall, and she shapes up. She seems humble now.

October. Miami is taken, with one of the Lord Proprietor's son's wife and his other son's daughter taken prisoner. The forces of Ponce and Orelian leave the trade post and start moving towards Palm Beach, which is not having a successful siege, before deciding to head to Miami instead.
Just before the year 2676 arrives, we take Homestead, the only place of note in the Everglades. The troops there, lead by me, head to Palm Beach.

The New Year comes. I reflect on my decade as President. I've not only extended the reach of my tribe and gotten married and possibly fathered a lovely daughter (aside from a couple bastards), I've challenged the Christians and won, and challenged the Rastafari and haven't lost. I've gone on a pilgrimage, I've tried to improve my peoples' standard of living...it's been good.

Speaking of the Rastafari, as I move my army through the Miami area, the Caribbeanners attack. I have six thousand to their four thousand some, and move the Palm Beach force south to aid. The battle is over before they can get there, and it's not over in their favor.

I have heard that someone wants to kill Chris, my (illegitimate) son. I'd send him into hiding, but I can't, because...reasons. [Seriously, I didn't even see the decision!]

I bring my forces together in Pam Beach and send them to fight the forces in the Everglades, remnants of the attack force. Ponce and Orelian take their troops...back into our territory. Great. Well, we crush them, capture a Jamaican mayor, and chase the survivors to the Keys.
After reaching Canaveral, the forces of Ponce and Orelian turn around.
We fight them in the Keys. Attack! Attack! Attack now! CHARGE! RAR! I've apparently learned something in battle (for instance, anger solves everything), and now feel content with my martial ability. Now, to become King of Florida.

Mathias has his first actual child, Eric.
My son Chris needs to be tutored. I send him to my marshal.

May. We crush the last of the Caribbean forces, then march to Palm Beach, where Orelian and Ponce have slowly been sieging Fort Lauderdale with their seven hundred forty-five men. Once we arrived, they moved to the Everglades.

Willow died of pneumonia.

More Caribbeans attacked. I send Ferran with half of my army to deal with the survivors, fleeing to Palm Beach; most of the others join them. The exception is, of course, Ponce and Orelian, who happened to be too close to the battle when it happened to avoid it. While marching there, a puny force, twenty-one men, attacked the Lauderdale folks.

Matthias and I bicker. It could have gone worse. He seems to be growing cynical...

As November dawns, we take Fort Lauderdale. Ponce and Orelian had been helping for a bit, but then they decided to wander away again. What the hell?
Sixteen attack the force now besieging Hialeah.

2677 rolls around.

February. We take Hialeah. Take Miramar and we've basically got all the Miami area.
The Jamaican mayor dies in our cells. With this, I decide to try and ransom the other prisoners before they die, too. The Lord Proprietor is willing to pay for the release of his granddaughter.
Late May, we get Miramar. Late June, we get West Palm Beach and finish the war. I start by declaring another for Lochloosa, to avoid losing the inspired warriors. Then, I handle the beurocratic nonsense of handing out titles.
Menard Sharpes, chancellor of Canaveral, is a short, shy, depressed man, kind and patient but lustful and gluttonous. He gets Fort Lauderdale.
Orelian Merrit, not to be confused with Orelian Gaillard, from whose court Merrit comes, is an old soldier who became Canaveral's marshal. He's trusting and content, kind and patient. I give him First Coast.
Colin Bunnel, a tall, naive man, gets Miramar. He's kind, trusting, and diligent, if a bit greedy.
I give my old friend Mathias the Court of Hialeah.
Finally, we have one Count Eduard of the Everglades and Keys, who was here when I took it. He's arbitrary and zealous, but he's honest enough to admit it, and awfully polite. He also likes dueling and scheming, especially when both are flamboyant and/or combined.

With nearly two-thirds of Florida under my control, I could now declare myself King of Florida if I had the gold. Crowns are expensive, you know. I'm about eighty ducaps* short.

*Intentional misspelling. It's a portmanteau of "ducat" and "cap," short for "bottle cap," which is the currency in Fallout, which is set in (various parts of) post-apocalyptic America.

-----

That's probably enough for today. Next time, we'll see part of Lochloosa conquered, and then the Quest for Ducaps to Pay For a Crown.

When you reach a good point for it, I'd love to see what's going on outside your neighborhood. I.e, have the Rust Cultists been able to hold the line against their christian neighbors, have the Comanches conquered Texas, that sort of thing.

Never was good enough to survive as the Mouse myself. Personally I liked them better as Atomists, but they did seem to get steamrolled more often back then.

I'll take a look at it right away, if you'll pardon a diversion for a neat mod I noticed.

The Spanish Monarchy mod won't do much right now, but it looks like it'll be another neat way to add flavor to Europe. Mostly, it's ways to fiddle with de jure plus some cosmetic changes like flags, but it says it'll "make the peninsula more friendly with the gameplay and the real history of the 'Reconquista'." Another neat point is that I'm ninety-something percent sure it was created by a native Spanish speaker of some nationality, which is a decent selling point for a mod about Spain.
And while reading the font has never been much of an issue, I decide to get the Better Readable Font mod.

P.S. I got the elephant message again. Is that the only loading hint that the AtE mod adds? Shame.

For most of the playthrough, we've focused on this:
WTwheEe.png
It's easy to forget there's a whole world out there--and not just in AtE. In Crusader Kings and especially later Paradox games, it's easy to get wrapped up in whatever corner of the map you're on and ignore what's going on elsewhere. Well, let's take a look, starting with the Northwest.
XFitKYU.jpg
I'm no expert, but you want to know what I see? A bunch of little powers, waiting for one of them to blob or one of the larger ones to do the job for them. The Religion screen doesn't show much, but it's clear that the Theurgy of Green Mountains and Aroostook (the green area mostly covered in diagonal lines) is in a bit of trouble, mostly from the Tribe of Southern Maine (the maroon one-county minor splitting Migonid territory--no, really). Montreal is helping a bit, mind. Something tells me that the Theurge won't fulfill his ambition to become King of New England.
Next, let's head to the Great Lakes region.
jgJPwu8.jpg
The first thing that catches my eye here is that Michiana seems to be blobbing a bit, which I certainly approve of. As to Rust Cultism in general, it seems to be doing well; Rustic (?) rulers are certainly spreading their influence into Christian lands.
Next, the HCC's region.
odSWrXQ.jpg
Much of it is just counties and duchies practically begging to be vassalized, especially once the Confederacy finishes absorbing the region's Evangelicals. (Speaking of religion, while nothing's for certain, the Revelationist pockets by the Florida border look ready to be converted to Evangelical or Americanist.) That said, there are a few powers of note. The Oligarchy of Transallegheny and Nickajack, lead by one of the Rust Cultists in Christian lands, wants to be Queen of Appalachia, a region which the Confederacy hasn't sunk its tentacles into just yet. It's probably the largest Appalachian power, which should help it to no end. Her neighbor, the High Chief of Middle and West Tenessee and Kentukiana*, is in a similar boat, holding three Grand Divisions and planning to crown himself King of Uppland, which the Confederacy isn't even bordering, and having the size to do so. Then we have the Mouse, which will probably become a major Gulf power. Speaking of which...
xjQZ2sn.jpg
Louisiane is clearly the biggest power in the region, though the secession of the Republic of Orleans several years back and the Crusade suggest that this might be coming to a close. Catholicism is the dominant religion in the region, even in Louisiane, though King Louis is a follower of vodoun. I can't see much else of note, except that the Chief of Airmen has three daughters, no sons, a pre-Event calculator, and a claim on a county owned by a Mexican kingdom.
Let's head to an area which might have slipped through the cracks a bit.
63gggNU.jpg
What to call this place? The southern Midwest? The northern South? Whatever it is, it's south of the Great Lakes, west of the Confederacy, north of the Gulf, and largely east of the Mississippi.
In the corner, you can see the Grand Division of Blue River, which is in the process of being conquered by some Confederate nobles. Indianapolis is doing well, eating into Illinois; it's not impossible that we'll see a Hoosier Chicagoland. Religion-wise, it's split between Revelationist and Rust Cultist, with neither having any clear sign of dominance.
I considered taking Mexico and Central America in one fell swoop, but then realized that it's too big and balkanized to do so. So, let's start with the Mexican Gulf.
JVsYNKO.jpg
Religionwise, Mexico as a whole is dominated by El Sagrado Corazon ("the Cult of Saints"). However, in the Yucatan region, along the southern coast, and into central America, you start to see other religions, the most dominant being Uahomche, a broad group of unorganized neo-Native religions. Neo-Mayan is a more organized religion present at the southernmost bit of the Gulf of Mexico, partly in the Kingdom of Mexico but mostly in Yucatan. There's also a bit at the tip of the Yucatan peninsula. Having glanced at religion, let's look at the major Mexican Gulf powers.
The Kingdom of Rio Bravo and Grande is the northernmost of the three major powers I'll be looking at here, and in terms of pure troops possibly the weakest. It's surrounded by a number of fair-sized duchies and a single count, none of which seem like the easy-to-conquer type (though he could). Expansion is likely going to be slow, but its king has a typewriter. The Kingdom of Mexico, with its army five thousand strong, is likely the strongest Gulf power period. (The Caribbean Empire can field twice as many troops, but it doesn't do so effectively.) While there are a few counties, most of its neighbors are large duchies and small kingdoms, meaning that diplomacy will likely be the best way forward for them. Finally, we have the Kingdom of the Yucatan and Peten, which is currently undergoing two separate revolts. One is lead by the Duke of Quintana Roo, who is objecting to the tyranny of the current king; the other is the Duke of Peten, who wants the Kingdom of Peten, which would not only set him free but give him slightly more land, taking in total a third or so of the kingdom. If the kingdom holds together and recovers, it could easily become a major power, given both its inherent power and its proximity to a number of counts.
Well, that was unexpectedly lengthy. Let's see how the areas south of the Gulf are.
Mr7ZjN7.jpg
While there are some S.C. areas to the north and a pocket by the Guatemala coast, much of the area is Mictlantec (neo-Aztec), Sol Invicta (basically Aztec-themed Crystal Dragon Catholicism), Uahomche (any of the above plus some, but less formally organized), and Falling Star (a post-apocalyptic branch of Christianity). This last is held by the Kingdom of Moskitia, which holds much of the southernmost part of the map. As far as the game is concerned, it completely surrounds the somehow-independent County of Matagalpa. To the west, we see a number of nations blurring the line between large duchy and small kingdom, and in the middle are a number of counties and small duchies all packed together. If they don't start blobbing amongst themselves, others will probably do it for them.
Let's finish up our whirlwind tour of Mexico with everything to the west of the Gulf area!
2Pp2UJ2.jpg
It's pretty much all a homogeneous S.C. blob. Dull.
The Kingdom of Baja instantly jumps out at you, since it's so large and a different color, and perhaps it should. Lead by the strong, attractive hunter-king Gaston del Caballero who is pretty much an expy of the Disney character and has syphilis, its armies number less than two thousand. This would be a cause for amusement by most and concern for Gaston, is it wasn't for the fact that most of the neighbors are essentially oversized counties with less than one thousand troops (sometimes much less). That's basically what the rest of Mexico is--a bunch of counts sandwiched between the River Kingdom and Baja.
Right, now back to Gringo Land, with Comancheria and the surrounding region.
2Ajvce3.jpg
That nameless green bit up top is part of Platte. We'll get there.
The area is the edge of Catholic influence, but the Comanches are working to extend that a bit into the biggest Atomicist bastion. Going north, you see more Neo-Gnostics and Revelationists.
The biggest political power in the region is obviously the Kingdom of Comancheria. The king is an unusual man, a veteran crusader with sympathy for Pagans. While ambitious, his sympathy might cause him to turn these ambitions to his fellow Catholics...or not. Also interestingly, his opinion of Elias is exactly zero. In any case, the surrounding area includes a number of lone counties and a few duchies of two or three counties apiece. Going north, we start to see some of their true rivals.
zeg6dKP.jpg
Platte is another kingdom ruled by someone 100% neutral to Elias, this one a paranoid syphilitic elusive shadow of a queen who has a gun. Nearby is not only Comancheria but also the High Chiefdom of Kickatus (who wants to become King of Platte--not impossible, since de jure Platte is split between Platte and Kickatus), Iowa (ruled by a homosexual king who seems to be designed almost as a stereotype except for the scarred soldier part), and the Kingdom of Lakota (barely visible on the map). Secondary powers are ducal, most notably the six-county Republic of Boonslick. The area is on the border between the Catholic heartland and a Revelationist stronghold, with a few other religions having sizable regions in the periphery), and seems ripe for a few religious wars.
Imaginative segue.
VSyQpPj.jpg
Here we have a chunk of the western Midwest and eastern West, and a slice of Canada (see below). While Iowa, Platte, and Lakota are the biggest names in the region (pun intended), and most of the region is lone counts, there are some other powers of note, mostly towards the Norse Great Lakes. Jarl Krullig Kletsch the Chaste of Green Bay and Highland is winning a war to revoke North Shore, which is held by Chief Lief Oreck of Basically Arrowhead, who I'm guessing was a vassal of Krullig's. Speaking of whom, his kingdom is to be split between his brother and his (only) son upon death. He is a scholar aiming to become the King of Superior. His neighbor, the King of Badgerlings, wants to become King of Chicagoland.
That basically leaves a patch of Canada I missed.
6pZ4Kcu.jpg
Oh, Canada. Algoma looks like some kind of power, but it's just three large counties bundled into a duchy. The Western part of inhabited Canada is as much full of weaklings as western America and much of Mexico. However, the duchies of Outaouais, Montreal, and Saguenay, and especially the Kingdom of Ontario all have a good amount of power in their region (though Outaouais.is a bit cornered and will probably be eaten by one of its neighbors once they get strong enough).
That's it.

*Why is Indiana so rarely found except as a suffix, and divided up amongst the neighboring states? The only thing that bothers me more about Indiana in this mod than that is how Gary isn't in Chicagoland (especially since Indianapolis is). Why not add it to Outer Chicagoland or the one-county Duchy of Calumet? Why is there even a one-county duchy, period?

And before we get into the game, let's point out the first thing I saw.
BtzCcTR.png

This is in Miami, and it's clearly a carefully-made model. I don't think it's a graphics glitch, save maybe one model getting the wrong texture.