What's the sense/use of the claim province function?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Robert1986

Recruit
Dec 13, 2014
Hi guys,

I know how to claim a province but I don't know what the sense / use of this function is. If I win a war against a country, I'll get the provinces anyway - so what difference does it make wheather I've claimed it or not?

Best Regards,
Robert

3 reasons:

Manual peace treaties automatically add claimed provinces for the demander, so you can 'claim' territories you want on the map and then offer a peace treaty without memorizing province names.

Claimed provinces are given to you by allies/puppets if they do not have a core or claim on it after a period of time.

Claimed provinces can be demanded from another country, useful for re-organizing puppet borders as a master (claimed, f12->acceptall, demand territory, f12->acceptall to turn off)

As far as I'm concerned this is one of the most player-friendly mechanics offered in any HoI mod. I remember with a shudder the chore of having to keep side notes of the names of provinces I wanted to claim from an enemy in a peace settlement then trawl through its province list highlighting each in turn - an especially burdensome task if that enemy happened to be Russia with its myriad of similarly named targets. Now it's just click and demand. What a boon.

As far as I'm concerned this is one of the most player-friendly mechanics offered in any HoI mod. I remember with a shudder the chore of having to keep side notes of the names of provinces I wanted to claim from an enemy in a peace settlement then trawl through its province list highlighting each in turn - an especially burdensome task if that enemy happened to be Russia with its myriad of similarly named targets. Now it's just click and demand. What a boon.

Especially if you use the E3 Map by Mumia. :D