• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hillcf

Major
92 Badges
Sep 7, 2010
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
I have a number of people in my kingdom who are Cathar, Waldensian, Jewish and Sunni. When I look at the options on them I do not see a Convert to Catholic option that used to be there. Has this been removed in 2.3 / WoL?

I have my Court Chaplain, 21 Learning, set to Proselytize in the county with the Sunni members, but it is taking a long time. The problem that it is giving me is that the current Count is 70 years old and his son had been born in the Middle East and became a Sunni, living in Acre. I had to kill him since he would not convert (before the updates where installed). Unfortunately, his elder son is also Sunni and due to inherit the County.

It seems very unfair that the only way I can stop these heretics and Muslims taking over Bavarian Counties is through getting them killed. There should still be a Convert to Catholic option.

EDIT : In addition, you cannot issue a Invite to Court to someone who has the wrong religion, ie Jewish or Sunni, or are children.

Last edited:
This is a serious problem, and I don't know if it is down to 2.3 and/or WoL, or to a game that started as 2.2 and was updated to 2.3/WoL yesterday, or if it is WAD.

I am running as the King of Bavaria, now in 1026. One of my Dukes is 70 years old, so I am expecting him to die soon. It looks like he got involved in a Crusade to recover Jerusalem in the past because his son is Sheikh of Acre, plus others, and is a Sunni, as is his eldest son. So I am looking at getting the Duke of Tyrol becoming Sunni. I know that in the past I been able to ask a person who was Lollard to change back to Catholic, but never needed to see if I could do that with a non-Christian person.

This based on the same game, but with different actions since I had to step back and reload an older save several times. The game was recently changed from Electoral Monarchy to Primogeniture after raising CA to High.

1. In 2.2, The Duke of Tyrol died and the Duchy became Sunni. Can't remember if I tried to Convert the new Duke, but if I did it did not work, so I had the remove the Duchy from him, resulting in a revolt. I was also in a Crusade to recover West Francia, which had also gone Sunni for the same reasons. So I stepped back a couple of years and reloaded the game.

2. This time, still 2.2, the Duke had not died quickly, so I decided to kill his son. I got a dialog display to try and convert him, which failed, and then the assassination was successful. But the grandson is in Passau, along with his Catholic brother and some other Sunni people. So I have put my Court Chaplain, 21 Learning, in the county to try and convert them. I am now supporting Pannonia in a war against Ruthenia.

3. I then update the game to 2.3/WoL. Look at the new options and notice that the Convert to Catholic does not appear in the menus. Check against all of the Cathar, Waldensian, Jewish and Sunni people and it is not an option. Try to Invite them to the Court. The Cathar and Waldensian can be invited, but have no reason to accept. The Jewish and Sunni cannot be invited because they are of the wrong religion.

4. Decided to kill the prospective new Duke. Good, I get the plot running with a massive group of backers. Then I die (damn). My son now has a absolutely no support from his vassals - Primogeniture, High CA, short reign etc.. The plot to kill the Sunni grandson has disappeared and the old Duke dies. The only option is to disenfranchise the Duchy and get a revolt. OK, go back a year and try again.

Question - is this

1. As designed
2. Because of a 2.2 game updated to 2.3/WoL
3. A Bug

Any comments please.

Are the people you're asking to convert direct vassals? If not, of if they're in a different court, you can't demand it. Proselytizing sometimes takes forever; how's your MA? I've had no issues with conversion so far.

You are right, they are not in my court and I cannot get them there. The Catholics heretics had no reason to move; the Sunni, and Jewish, cannot be invited because they are the wrong religion.

So that left me with either removing the Duchy from them, and getting a revolt, or, as I did on the end, getting them assassinated.

Demanded conversion is just a matter of relations (35 for vassals I think). you can gift gold, use honorary titles etc when they inherit. Revoking at medium CA and plotting are of court also options. Just being in a court itself shouldn't be problematic.

You couldn't demand to convert people in other people's courts or children pre 2.3