• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is currently as designed, but can you please change the marriage selection back to left clicking?

If you go looking for someone to educate a child you left click, if you select someone in an elective government you left click, if you look at people voting in a law change you left click. Please a little bit of standardisation here would be great. <3

Just to continue on from this.

If you use the rings to arrange a marriage, it opens the possible targets and these targets need to be right clicked to select.

If you arrange a marriage directly at the target, left clicking selects the target and your courtier.

The only time you need to right click to select a marriage target is when you use the rings on the character screen.

Is legitimate children suppose to be in your Court?
Right now it works by leaving them in foreign courts of the lady you in love or seduced or her husband court

Its always been the mother's court.

Is legitimate children suppose to be in your Court?
Right now it works by leaving them in foreign courts of the lady you in love or seduced or her husband court

It could be worse.

The game STILL has the issue that Norse kids are left behind in the Varangian Guard.

What happens is that if your Norse son joins the Varangians he brings his wife along. But if they have any kids during that time, the kids stay there even after their parents return. (Occasionally, the kids may randomly return when the current Varangian head dies but often they will still stay there).

When is nerfing patch coming?

I would love to know this as well.

Planning to start a long 769 - 1453 game and I would like to do it in a period of relative calm (patch-wise), so I would like to see the "stable Way of Life" patch before starting it.

First, thanks for adding more role-playing features--please, add more, will buy.

Second, I'm sorry, but this whole UI business is not working for me: there's an inconsistent use of left- and right-click and I have to read UGLY EXPLANATORY TEXT IN ALL CAPS each time to know what I'm doing. I don't know what was wrong with it before? But it's a lot worse now. It's awkward and is getting in the way of the experience.

I don't mean to be negative, but this is my honest impression. I hope this gets better in time.

The whole of Paradox is on Christmas shutdown right now, so there will certainly be no more patches for a little while. Sorry!

Stable means that the game is very rarely crashing, which seems to be the case due to the lack of massive complaints (or really any on the main forum) about crashes. Those things you mention are balance problems (which are perfectly valid, just not what he's talking about).

Depose antipope does nothing.
Adultery events triggering when no adultery is present.
Levies can't be dismissed from the military panel and not at all by AI.
Game getting into a hostile state when no wars justify it requiring game exit and relaunch to fix.

Yep, perfectly stable...

Stable means that the game is very rarely crashing, which seems to be the case due to the lack of massive complaints (or really any on the main forum) about crashes. Those things you mention are balance problems (which are perfectly valid, just not what he's talking about).

On Linux, the game is consistently crashing at certain points. The game is essentially unplayable right now.

Depose antipope does nothing.
Adultery events triggering when no adultery is present.
Levies can't be dismissed from the military panel and not at all by AI.
Game getting into a hostile state when no wars justify it requiring game exit and relaunch to fix.

Yep, perfectly stable...

First 3 are new issues, the 4th has been around for a while. I have never seen it, ever. If you know how to replicate it please do report it, I have spent many hours with no success. So either it is related to not using a specific DLC or combination of, or it never happens to me for other reasons.

But yes perfectly stable, except for the MAC and Linux crashes that are still present, but they appeared the same time as the unit DLC crashes. I am fairly certain they replicated the crash in office - PeterS I believe - during the later stages of the beta. So hopefully that issue will be fixed in the next patch.

But for Windows users the game is perfectly stable, I have not had a single CTD nor even any shuttering as yet. There are a few bugs in the current release but very few and a third of those reported are probably duplicates of the same issue because people prefer to spend 2 minutes typing out an unhelpful bug report, rather than spend 15 seconds doing a search to see if it is reported already.

To me, "stable" means more than not crashing - it means that countless hours of gameplay are not wasted by a hopelessly buggered game. If this were a beta that I willingly enrolled in, the circumstances would be different - but it is not.

I think it's possible that I've invested more money in CK2 than any other computer game and I'm very disappointed in this level of quality control.

Last edited:
First 3 are new issues, the 4th has been around for a while. I have never seen it, ever. If you know how to replicate it please do report it, I have spent many hours with no success. So either it is related to not using a specific DLC or combination of, or it never happens to me for other reasons.

But yes perfectly stable, except for the MAC and Linux crashes that are still present, but they appeared the same time as the unit DLC crashes. I am fairly certain they replicated the crash in office - PeterS I believe - during the later stages of the beta. So hopefully that issue will be fixed in the next patch.

But for Windows users the game is perfectly stable, I have not had a single CTD nor even any shuttering as yet. There are a few bugs in the current release but very few and a third of those reported are probably duplicates of the same issue because people prefer to spend 2 minutes typing out an unhelpful bug report, rather than spend 15 seconds doing a search to see if it is reported already.

Speak for yourself!! I have been getting random crashes in-game that did not happen before this patch. I just can't seem to replicate any conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.