• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They way Muslims were designed was based on the Osmanli/Ottoman dynasty. Even the succession law which all (non-Republic) Muslims are locked into is based upon the succession practices of the Ottoman Empire.

Decadence Revolts appear to have also been based upon a single incident, the rise of the al-Muwahhidun in North Africa, as well. It just appears to be a strange mix of sources both inside and outside of the game's timeline, and basing entire mechanics upon single realms and incidents.

If granting independence to landed family members would make them stop adding to decadence, then you could at least form a kingdom full of dynastic members, grant them independence, and let them be - but even that is not possible. So there is no point landing your dynasty, unless you think accumulating additional prestige will make it up for all the headache you are going to get eventually; or else for role-playing purpose, even knowing beforehand landing your kinsmen is not something in your best interest.

If granting independence to landed family members would make them stop adding to decadence, then you could at least form a kingdom full of dynastic members, grant them independence, and let them be - but even that is not possible. So there is no point landing your dynasty, unless you think accumulating additional prestige will make it up for all the headache you are going to get eventually; or else for role-playing purpose, even knowing beforehand landing your kinsmen is not something in your best interest.

I remember how one of the reasons Decadence was implemented was to encourage the player to land family members in order to start a civil war with your brothers upon succession (based on the case of Mehmed I in the Ottoman Empire.) Given that explanation, it seems like even the intended reason for landing your family isn't even worth it...

No the only man of your dynasty worth living and owning land is yourself and you heir. The other ones are should be killed asap and NEVER landed. This is the secret for a prosperous land in Islam's land.Wisdom and Strengh ? pff so overrated.

Not necessary. You can have a ton of male children alive since the imprison chance will be 100% if they're in your court.

Just 'straighten up' if they go decadent (and they won't go decadent if you micro their traits by educating them yourself).

This is weird to me. In my current game, I have about 1400 realm size, control everything from Mauretania through Rajastan, and have granted pretty much every county I can get my hands on to dynasts (as well as the duchy and viceroyal sultanate titles). I rarely have problems with decadence. I got up to 30% in one unpleasant regency, where I had a couple decadent family members I couldn't imprison, but I managed it by pursuing a couple holy wars. I usually run somewhere around -20 from imprisoning family members, but that's easily made up by my huge opinion boosts from piety, prestige, Hajj, Sayyid, etc, and I intentionally run at -40 tyrrany so as to not 'waste' the opinion surplus.

A couple important things: you get one free imprisonment on a dynast who refuses to 'straighten up', regardless of wether you demand it or one of their family members. If you /release/ a decadent prisoner, you can't reimprison them, though. This makes Ramadan a trap - that 'release prisoners' event can destroy you pretty quick. For shedding holy decadence, holy wars are by far the best mechanism. Heathen neighbors are a wonderful thing. If your realm is large enough for decadence to be a concern, you should have plenty available.

You /do/ have to pay attention, though. When I turn the audio off, and miss the notifications for failed straighten up, my decadence hits the teens pretty quick. I think the biggest thing decadence needs, gameplay-wise (and really, /I/ don't care much about historical veracity, so long as its fun), is improvements to notification and tracking. 'Decadent family member' should be a popup on the top of the screen, like righteous imprisonment.