• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The game hasn't jumped the shark. OP is merely bored.

And one is frankly mystified why people blame the game when they are bored. Just move on....

You clearly have no idea what "jumping the shark" actually means.

If Sunrise Invasion had been baked into the core game (not a DLC, just an update), THAT would be jumping the shark.

Tv Tropes article on Jumping the Shark

Sunset* but I completely agree with you.

OP, just cause you're bored doesn't mean the game is bad, I get bored of CK2 some times, hell I can't play it right now and I just got CM, I'm bored just starting the game, but I know it's cause I overplayed the hell out of it, just take a break. Sometimes you need another game. Sometimes you need a completely different kind of game, try Fallout or Skyrim, and if you're looking for something Grand Strategy like, Rome 2 is finally good.

I have just come back to CKII from a big break lol. Bartely played the Old Gods and only just got RoI and I do not own CM.

Any way to fix the performance issues this PC is not even a year old and it runs FPS fine.

Yes, I get bored of CK2 from time to time. So I take nice long breaks.

Each time I come back, I'm sucked in. Works well, I find.

I have just come back to CKII from a big break lol. Bartely played the Old Gods and only just got RoI and I do not own CM.

Any way to fix the performance issues this PC is not even a year old and it runs FPS fine.
If you have a new PC, I can't help you. I have an old PC, so I can start up Civ 5 and mentally contrast the loading speed, thus allowing me to adjust my expectations and realise that CK2 isn't so slow after all.

CK2 as game is never boring or somewhat. The way paradox develop the game is. Since the introduction of the achievements (a.k.a. my vitual penis is sooooo much longer) a playthrough got a half-life: That point when you've created and stabilisied your empire + one or two semi-powerfull king vassales. Usually after about 100 years irrespective of startdate and feudal tier you start with. Playing somehow geopolitical rational stretches the season to perhaps 200-250 years at best.

The problems (for me at least) are: Many balance desisons since mentioned achievement shenanigans. The "new" vassal rebelling system (RoI), the not properly adapted techsystem for the 2 new start dates, the imbalance between muslim and christian rulers (a muslim duke of aragon can put more troops in a war then the king of france, if you start at CM start and play up to 1066), fucking holy wars for free for everyone - for free!
The railroaded behavior of the AI and the inability of sayed AI to distinguish between the different charakters it's plays - only focused on to "killing" the player.

The list is much longer, but i'am to lazy to write the rest. Most people with my playtime of CK2 know what i mean.
Oh and bugs bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs and not to forget bugs.

I know my english sucks....