• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Davor

Colonel
47 Badges
Mar 16, 2001
Visit site
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Starting to play Warlock 2 again. I always forgot to put stones in my magic spells. So now I am doing it. I am putting in regeneration in my melee protection spell. My question is why do some units have the regeneration ability and others don't?

Why does it work sometimes and other times it doesn't?

IIRC that's a temporary effect. Is it possible that it's just wearing off on some of them? I could be wrong though, I don't use the runes very often as I like to save them for late game spells where they have a greater affect.

That is what I thought as well, it's an effect and wears off. Funny my Werewolves I found still had the bonus effect and others didn't. So that is why I am puzzled why the werewolves still have the effect and my other units didn't.

Also why bother putting a stone in if it's only a temporary effect? I could see it being a temporary effect for something like healing but when you have protection from melee which is a constant effect, then the stone should be as well.

Argh, better documentation is needed here. Hate playing a game and not knowing how it works. Great game, lots of fun but frustrating at times when something is not understood.

You sure that's not just the Werewolve's natural regen? I'm pretty sure they come with it.

I agree on the documentation, especially on the runes. Not understanding things in the game is half the reason I started modding it, just so I could figure out what things do. :p

In the original Warlock, anything immune to Elemental magic could also not be enchanted; e.g., you could not put Regen on Archers of Helia. I'm not sure that's still true in this game, but you might check for resists among units.

In the original Warlock, anything immune to Elemental magic could also not be enchanted; e.g., you could not put Regen on Archers of Helia. I'm not sure that's still true in this game, but you might check for resists among units.
Immunity to Elemental Magic still prevents enchantments (and banes) from affecting a unit in Warlock 2.

You sure that's not just the Werewolve's natural regen? I'm pretty sure they come with it.

I agree on the documentation, especially on the runes. Not understanding things in the game is half the reason I started modding it, just so I could figure out what things do. :p

Yeah you are right, thanks. I never noticed that Werewolve's had natural regeneration. So I guess I won't bother putting regeneration on it then.

So when would it be good to put regeneration on something? Hell what is good to use then if the effects don't last for more than one turn then?

I usually put them on healing spells, gives them a bit of an extra punch. But I've never really found too much use in the regen ones. I mainly use the damage increasing runes and put them on damaging spells. You can get some pretty powerful spells if you're lucky and get the right runes.