• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ntz

Sergeant
Jul 9, 2013
Hello,

I play as the USA in my current game (intended for AAR), it's FEB41 but Reich (with his minions - HUN, ROM, ITA ..) is pretty passive and still did not attack the France however (at least spies says so) they are lined up at the French border .. FINs are already in the Axis and Germans seized the Norway, but fighting with UK/FRA in the south Norway ..

Russian threat (with USA increasing it since the M/B Pact - not before, we don't like communists, but they did not seem that cunning before the pact) on Reich is 170 (130 back GER->USSR as far as I increase the threat on Reich since the Treaty of Munich) ..

SUMMARY of my diplomacy (again, role-played it, so intentionally did not do the best decisions):

USSR - supported our party, did political espionage and military espionage 36-AUG39, increasing threat on (of) them since the Pact has been signed in AUG39
GER - dtto but increasing theirs threat since the Treaty of Munich/Anschluss in March 38 (they have ~ 150 on UK, 130 on USSR, 170 on France)
JAP - we were friendly with no hostile activities until they joined the Axis in the summer 38, mixing increasing threat on them and doing military espionage, they have still lesser threat on us (USA) than Reich (which has something like 60 on us)

OUESTIONS:

1) may increasing threat on USSR cause that Axis did not attack the west in 1940 ?
2) How does (if any) the trading affect shifting my neutrality, we have stil 68.12, so we can't even embargo an Axis, but we canceled all trades with them in the 38/39 .. Okay, our goal is to remain neutral until the end of the (war - what will hopefully never come, if I don't count that Axis and Allies are officially in war with the only victims Poland, Austria and Czechoslovakia)

thanks and regards, ntz

Germans seized the Norway, but fighting with UK/FRA in the south Norway ..

OUESTIONS:

1) may increasing threat on USSR cause that Axis did not attack the west in 1940 ?
2) How does (if any) the trading affect shifting my neutrality, we have stil 68.12, so we can't even embargo an Axis, but we canceled all trades with them in the 38/39 .. Okay, our goal is to remain neutral until the end of the (war - what will hopefully never come, if I don't count that Axis and Allies are officially in war with the only victims Poland, Austria and Czechoslovakia)

thanks and regards, ntz
The point is Norway, and the stalemate over there. The Germany AI will not proceed to France/BeNeLux as long as Norway is not completed. Obviously Germany has not taken Oslo, which is the only VP province. And the stalemate will not be solved because GER is out of supplies, and incapable of adjusting their troops count adequately. So they throw in even more troops, who cannot take Oslo.
It don't think USSR threat has signicant influence here, since they are not even top three of their current targets....I guess Norway, France and Belgrade are still in front of them. It is unlikely that USSR is influencing Germany's strategies already. so
1) probably not, unless all Germany was stacking all her units on the Soviet border, and probably not even then it would give up on France.
2) trade does only influence alignment speed through better relations, but not your neutrality

If you wanted to break the stalemate, you'd have to scrub in and either dispose of some Allied units guarding Oslo or just make Norway surrender to Germany. The latter one is probably easier. If you open the console and type
surrender NOR GER
that should help Germany to clean up in Norway and proceed with their usual plan.