• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FromBirth

Recruit
18 Badges
Jul 3, 2013
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings II
  • BATTLETECH
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
Right, I'm enjoying the challenge of my first impossible game. I've defeated one other mage so far. I'm allied to King Lich to the east who has a big army on my doorstep. I'm at war with Es Kaliborn to my west who I've been fighting for a few turns and he's burned most of my army with pesky firestorm or something. King Lich is at war with Es Kaliborn as well and is moving his army through my territory slowly to the rescue, I'll back off a touch, regroup and wait until the cavalry arrives. King Lich then asks for a fairly steep demand while he's got 15+ units surrounding my undefended cities. Well played King Lich, Oh well, here's what you want now leave me alone and go kill Ol' Stoney Head with me.

What I think is about 8-9 turns later he's moved a really small distance towards Es Kaliborn and then he demands another 186 Mana and Weakness spell. 'Greedy Bas***d' I think. Oh well, you'll obliterate me if I refuse, I'd better accept. Wait, the accept button is greyed out!!!! I've got enough Mana and the weakness spell. Have them both, please. Leave me alone. Look, Ol' Boney Head is insulting your green skinned dead mother!
With no option but to click on War I then put up as best a fight as I can (my only lord died on the first round of combat) but eventually watch him take out my capital and I'm defeated by turn 70.

Is this a bug? Are there limits on how many times you can pay a demand?

Definitely sounds like a bug, might even be a bug that he demanded so quickly again. As far as I know, there is no such limit on demands.

If you're the type that keeps several saves, and have one from around the time it happened, the devs might find it useful.