Best diplomatic changes for UK: NATIONAL IDENTITY

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They still exist in the db/events/colonial_release file. But I think the 1936 scenario no longer loads them up - meaning they no longer trigger.

You're right... but surmised wrongly! ;)

So, as UK player, I created a puppet in Africa (brown area); and got only 0.25 dissent. "This is great!" I thought.

Next day I got: :rofl:

How the event reads certainly makes sense. But maybe this strategy isn’t good for either MP or SP games. :D

I wanted to liberate all I could and work my way up to Egypt (4 more countries). But with possible other events "hanging around" giving 10 and 15 dissent, that idea is nuts! :mad:

Last edited:
Puppet India usually settles for 100+ brigaded divisions, while it would have the manpower to create, say, a 100 more divisions, its IC does not allow it to have a much larger army than that, unless theres an UK feeding it with all the supplies it needs, being quite a drag for UK economy, which is already weakened because an independent India also means UK starts with not just less manpower, but also 40 IC and two techteams less than normally. In my eyes it balances things out somewhat.

OK, that's much more reasonable than my assumption it would keep creating more.

Yes, I now think that UK keeping its "Crown Jewel of the Commonwealth" really is best. The many extra divisions (possible with your mod) might be nice but the negatives are extreme - so making a fair balanced choice.

Yes, I now think that UK keeping its "Crown Jewel of the Commonwealth" really is best. The many extra divisions (possible with your mod) might be nice but the negatives are extreme - so making a fair balanced choice.

Matter of taste really, thats why Ive included two versions of the Improved scenario, one with liberated India and other puppets and one with vanilla setup :)

I think the worst thing for UK in having an independent India is that it reduces UK tech team research because of the base IC reduction.

Actually, the British commonwealth should get some sort of tech team increase representing the joint research effort of the Commonwealth. Perhaps the best way to do this is by increasing UK research factor by event -- maybe +10-20%.

I think the worst thing for UK in having an independent India is that it reduces UK tech team research because of the base IC reduction.

I like that Lord Jarski's mod gives a choice; and it comes with pros/cons to reflect personal taste. I would probably keep India as is because one of the negatives you mention if India is puppeted by UK: less base IC = loss of research slot(s).

But how important is that negative, actually? In 1936 I never used all available slots because I only tackled 1936 techs.

1937 I did use all slots (and would have lost one had I puppeted India). Same for 1338, and 1939 (which is the "impossible year" to get all 1939 techs done that year if only starting them in 1939).

But by 1940 I was - while using all slots - already pulling back research speed to as low as 50% at times only to deal with acute supply shortages resulting from the many fleets doing ASW or convoy raiding in the Atlantic. I could just as well have had less tech slots but researched at faster speed. Of course, most number of slots at less speed is more economical than less slots done at faster speed to maintain same techs accomplished.

So, the loss of a tech slot does matter a lot... but so would having an extra 100 Indian divisions. It seems nicely balanced.

Actually, the British commonwealth should get some sort of tech team increase representing the joint research effort of the Commonwealth. Perhaps the best way to do this is by increasing UK research factor by event -- maybe +10-20%

I would favor that playing any Allied country, but not if I'm playing an Axis one. :D

Actually, the British commonwealth should get some sort of tech team increase representing the joint research effort of the Commonwealth. Perhaps the best way to do this is by increasing UK research factor by event -- maybe +10-20%.

If the goal is just to increase the research of the UK itself the obvious solution would seem to be to reflect the commonwealth effect in the tech teams the UK has. That the other members of the commonwealth lack so much behind the UK would still be an issue.