• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pang Bingxun

Field Marshal
2 Badges
Nov 22, 2011
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • 500k Club
I've never seen that, and also never seen an AI actually cave in to territorial demands. Did you have relations with Vichy at +200?

Vichy had none to guarantee there independence so the gave into the claims.

Is that the only thing that affects whether an AI nation will surrender its territory?

No, it might have something to do with the strength of the nation to. Maybe similar to military control.

That would not explain UK accepting to cede territory to ireland. Also there is the unusual case of the european union. It can demand territory by some sucess from all european nations. The issue of demanding territory deserves a thread by its own. Have you ever seen Tibet giving in to demands by China? I have not.

As I said, I've never seen it happen - except for the Baltic states having a 20% chance of accepting it by the USSR from 1940 onwards, and that was regardless of the diplomatic relations.

1938 grand campaign

If you play a hands free game in this 1938 campaign you will see that German often demands lands from Poland before ww2 starts.

If Tibet accept China's claims it would be Annexed.
UK should not normally accept Ireland's claims. The Baltic's are sometimes annexed by USSR claims.

Yes, I've also seen the AI regularly try and demand territory from others, but always failing. I wonder how much IC (in the form of $) it wastes demanding the territory - even if a small amount it'd be best for the AI to not demand it at all (unless there actually is a chance of acceptance).