• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thund91

I'm probably drunk
42 Badges
Sep 12, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
I've played Catholics and Miaphysites to death, along with most pagans besides the Tengri and Sou-whateverko.

Now, I'm looking to play a Byzantine game (seems like it'd be a snorefest if I was the emperor) or a Muslim game, preferably somewhere in North Africa (Egypt any fun?).

I have no experience with these two places and don't know where or who the fun places are, including the proper start dates.

Anyone want to help a bro out? :D

Could give the old Interesting Characters thread a look for a specific character who to play as. If you're looking for somewhat of a challenge, you may even want to try a later bookmark like the Alexiad or Latin Empire if you're looking to play as the Byzantines. Could also play as a vassal as well.

Far as the Muslims go though, Egypt does have the vassalized Mamelukes, but the one thing to keep in mind with the Muslims is that you have to land your dynasty members. Otherwise decadence will get out of control quickly. It's also wise to constantly holy war to keep it low and to generally have plenty of piety.

Interesting characters thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...hould-Play-As-Any-Particular-Character-in-CK2

Last edited:
Fun Muslim game? One province ottomans is a challenge and very fun, as is elevating the safavids to the title of empire of persia! Qasids are basque muslims in spain in 1066 and also are a very fun game to play, and the Qutids are shia visigothic counts descended from the last Roman ruler of Tingitania. Almohads are fun in North Africa if you start before they've conquered the Almoravids--can you replicate their historic success? Bolghars on the volga and any sicilian Muslim playthrough is also pretty great. Any small count Indian Muslim is great too due to the unlimited expansion opportunities southwards and the achievements for it. There is also an Alanian muslim count if you want cataphracts in 867 if I remember correctly...

Most of the above were found from the interesting characters thread--doubtless there are other cool characters there as well!