• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

highsis

Field Marshal
29 Badges
Jan 9, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
I've been waiting since release to play AOW because I can't stand major bugs getting in my way. I normally wait a month or two before playing any games.

Is it safe to say AOW has been stabilized without major malfuntions?

Define major bugs.

The only thing that I'd consider major that hasn't been fixed yet is the 'AI randomly freezes' issue, but that's a collective series of bugs, to my understanding.

I've been waiting since release to play AOW because I can't stand major bugs getting in my way. I normally wait a month or two before playing any games.

Is it safe to say AOW has been stabilized without major malfuntions?

I only have roughly one crash per 20 hours of play. Define stable?

checked my streams and crashes.

Sure. There are a couple of funny things still happening with the rebels and the AI, but for the most part they're only temporary issues or annoyances. I'm looking forward to 1.9 for sure, but right now this game is very much worth my time to play.

dont play as holy roman empire and sibir tribes.

hre is "easy abuseable" for forming greyskin by 1480, if you dont do that, "defense calls for the emperor" makes you co-belli. you can peace out seperately but you wont get the 20 IA. you have to stay in the war, until the the defender ends it to get the IA.

vassal income also bugged, but thats a issue for the hre also.

i had an austria as hre with all reforms but not the united one. "balance showed +20 ducats for vassals" income tabs showed +86.

Embargoes dont do anything

I've only had one or two crashes since 1.8.1 and the performance issues are mostly fixed. So nothing generally gamebreaking.

However, depending on who you play, you may run into some annoying issues. Wouldn't necessarily recommend a colonizer due to the trade good and CN related bugs, for example.

Funny thing is it loads age old saves, just messes up a bit by making the new provinces colonizable territory and a tiny bit of cultural mess (Crimea ends up majority Greek culture for example)

One more thing for why not to play as a colonizer atm is that the AI script for picking idea groups is broken at the moment.
Instead of picking it Expansion at the start they pick it at adm tech level 26, because they have no ports according to the script.

Performance has been fixed in the latest patch but there are still many lingering issues that once discovered, make the game less enjoyable.

Here are a few of them:
-vassal income doesn't work
-getting papal influence for converting provinces doesn't work
-armies getting exiled and staying exiled for hundreds of years is common
-spain colonizing north america still exists
-embargoes don't do anything to trade power
-friendly rebels rebelling in your own provinces and staying there (was this fixed? I've seen it happen in my latest game)

-friendly rebels rebelling in your own provinces and staying there (was this fixed? I've seen it happen in my latest game)

I think the friendly patriot rebels bug that caused most of it was fixed, but there's still something – possibly to do with "inheriting" rebels when territory changes hands – that occasionally causes friendly rebels. Not gamebreaking at all, of course.