• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eisteinn

Corporal
3 Badges
Oct 24, 2014
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
I thought it followed the male line until I found out I married off a single cousin with 1200 Florins! I had quite the trouble getting her back. I had to invade Castille as Venice. I did recover her and made her a nun. Now all female relatives are nuns in my court (and they are all getting tumbled).
Even though they are in my court I am not sure their wealth is going to me.
Am I destined to have an incestuous but rich patrician family who sacrifices old maids forever?
Please help.

Is it hardcoded that you can't matri-marry as patrician? Or can it be modified somehow?

As far as I can tell, all wealth gets inherited by the oldest male child, or the oldest female child if there are no males. Also, this person will inherit wealth from his or her younger siblings if that sibling dies without children. Otherwise the gold just vanishes into thin air. In the game I'm playing now, I end up building a lot of cities and giving them away to relatives just to make sure their gold stays in the realm - at least that way their gold is inherited by the next mayor.

If he'd put that as his thread title he'd have had about five pages of replies by now.
15% of comments would be "Best title evar!"
30% of comments would be stuff about incest
5% of comments would be genuine replies
50% of comments would be screaming about grammar errors (Am I destined to have an incestuous but rich patrician family THAT sacrifices...)