• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
have you used trade posts in key provinces?

Wondering about this myself, trying to get this achievement too

I did this recently. In the end I had to wipe out a lot of HRE nations to stop merchant spam, migrate lombard Brazil into the nodes for the extra trade power. Also I took the centres of trade in the Genoa node to reduce downstream transfers from there into Alexandria. I got it around dip 23 when I had around 400 heavy frigates.

To complete this I needed 5000 trade power in Alexandria and 3000 in Constantinople.

I did this recently. In the end I had to wipe out a lot of HRE nations to stop merchant spam, migrate lombard Brazil into the nodes for the extra trade power. Also I took the centres of trade in the Genoa node to reduce downstream transfers from there into Alexandria. I got it around dip 23 when I had around 400 heavy frigates.

To complete this I needed 5000 trade power in Alexandria and 3000 in Constantinople.

How could you do such a thing with only limiting yourself to 10 provinces?

Vassal feed people like styria, a rhineland state, croatia, bosnia etc. This way you get rid of the competition.

This was how I finished up:

7Llk5tM.png

The provinces I finished with: Venice, Trevisio, Genoa, Barcelona, Valencia, Constantinople, Humve.. (next to Constaninople), Alexandria and Rosetta, with the exception of Trevisio all are centres of trade/esturies.

I started by vassal feeding Serbia, Byz, Mentese and Syria, taking control of everything from Venice to Eygpt.
At this point I realised two issues: The northern HRE was draining Constantinople and Spain/Italian HRE draining Alexandria, so I vassalised East Frisia and fed them as much northern HRE as possible, I forced Spain out of the Genoa node and fed Milan most of northern Italy.

This brought me up to around 85% trade share, as a back up plan I had already created a lombard Brazil CN (CN's give 50% of the trade power to their overlord) so I took provinces in west and north Africa cored them and sold them to lombard Brazil. At this point I annexed Mentese, Milan and Syria and sold all the land to lombard Brazil and this took me up to 91%. I was also running 400 light ships on a FL of ~100.

In hindsight this could be done faster and more effciently probably by taking control of the Genoa, Constaninople and Alexandria nodes before the HRE gets the trade range to siphon your trade power.

This was how I finished up:

7Llk5tM.png

The provinces I finished with: Venice, Trevisio, Genoa, Barcelona, Valencia, Constantinople, Humve.. (next to Constaninople), Alexandria and Rosetta, with the exception of Trevisio all are centres of trade/esturies.

I started by vassal feeding Serbia, Byz, Mentese and Syria, taking control of everything from Venice to Eygpt.
At this point I realised two issues: The northern HRE was draining Constantinople and Spain/Italian HRE draining Alexandria, so I vassalised East Frisia and fed them as much northern HRE as possible, I forced Spain out of the Genoa node and fed Milan most of northern Italy.

This brought me up to around 85% trade share, as a back up plan I had already created a lombard Brazil CN (CN's give 50% of the trade power to their overlord) so I took provinces in west and north Africa cored them and sold them to lombard Brazil. At this point I annexed Mentese, Milan and Syria and sold all the land to lombard Brazil and this took me up to 91%. I was also running 400 light ships on a FL of ~100.

In hindsight this could be done faster and more effciently probably by taking control of the Genoa, Constaninople and Alexandria nodes before the HRE gets the trade range to siphon your trade power.

Nice work. Lot of work also!

Yep this one took me a lot longer than I expected. The way I did it almost certainly isn't the intended way but I couldn't see any other way.

Also you have to have fewer than 10 provinces for the achievement.

Using the CN is brilliant! I never thought you could feed them provinces in the old world.

Using the CN is brilliant! I never thought you could feed them provinces in the old world.

As far as I am aware any vassal will buy any core off you. My CN did seem to have very short colonial range, far shorter than mine, hence the need to colony hop them through Africa.