• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dolin

Major
49 Badges
Feb 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
And by winning I mean, having the highest 'crusade score' and let Christianity take over for example Jerusalem.

A new kingdom is declared, in this case the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Its leader is a random queen having dynasty bonds with the French royal house.
My work and fighting against the infidels appereantly has gone unnoticed and I get no reward; not even a thanks from our lady the Queen of Jerusalem... :mad:

What is the use of the score mechanic if the winner doesn't get a reward at all? I thought the winner gets the portion of land the crusade is about.

Sincerely,
Duke Gabriano Orsini of Orvieto, vassal of the Papal States.

And by winning I mean, having the highest 'crusade score' and let Christianity take over for example Jerusalem.

A new kingdom is declared, in this case the Kingdom of Jerusalem. Its leader is a random queen having dynasty bonds with the French royal house.
My work and fighting against the infidels appereantly has gone unnoticed and I get no reward; not even a thanks from our lady the Queen of Jerusalem... :mad:

What is the use of the score mechanic if the winner doesn't get a reward at all? I thought the winner gets the portion of land the crusade is about.

Sincerely,

More like duke Selfish Pants. AmIreight, guys?

Sincerely,
Probably had a claim or something. Or the Pope didn't want to give you stuff?

So far as I know, if there is someone of your religion, who has a claim on the kingdom title the crusade is called for, this person will get the kingdom. So I assume that in your case this old woman had a claim. So your reward is only the trait crusader and that the pope likes you and additionaly the prestige reward for sieging. You should propably check the claimants before participating in a crusade.

So far as I know, if there is someone of your religion, who has a claim on the kingdom title the crusade is called for, this person will get the kingdom. So I assume that in your case this old woman had a claim. So your reward is only the trait crusader and that the pope likes you and additionaly the prestige reward for sieging. You should propably check the claimants before participating in a crusade.

It's written in the banner at the left of the screen when you hover your mouse over it OP

OOoooohh. I see.

Thanks all of you!

This was indeed the second crusade for Jerusalem. The former queen might had a claim indeed.
Next time no participation for me :p

Honestly, I'd say taking the Abbasids or Fatimids down a notch is always worthwhile.

But the piety/prestige and Crusader trait aren't all that shabby (unless you're already super-emperor of all Europe, in which case piety and prestige becomes mostly useless). Not to mention it gives you something to do beyond more map painting of one of its various kinds.

Really though, I love me that Crusader trait. Once I get to the Crusade target I'll usually rotate the leaders to give every adult male I can the trait.

Yeah, any time the whole Christian world can unite to stick it to the Muslims, it's worth trying to be in on that just to keep them in check. Otherwise they can get out of hand. (See all the threads ranting about Muslims.)

(...just realized that what I just said could be seen as terribly offensive out of context.)

Plus the Crusader trait is a really nice thing to have. I try to send as many of my men to war, including my ruler, my heir and my sons and grandsons, as I possibly can. Crusaders have a life-long bond with each other. A king has a much easier time keeping his vassals in check if they were also his war buddies in the Holy Land.

I helped to win crusade for Andalusia and I got all the lands even when I didn't have a claim on them.
I had 100 opinion with Pope and he was my dynasty member, so... :p

I will try to have good relations with him during next crusade. Maybe he will be generous again.

It's written in the banner at the left of the screen when you hover your mouse over it OP

Yeah I always check that banner. if it says someone already has a claim on the kingdom I don't bother joining in, but if it says however has the highest score wins I send everything imaginable to the point risk to my current kingdom if it means I might when the crusade score game.

The pope seems to take a preference for declaring crusades on places a christian has a claim on but non-christians own. Try to get weird claims on non-christian owned land so you can use this to your advantage but that can be tricky

Last edited: