• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Czert

Lt. General
3 Badges
Mar 20, 2006
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris Sign-up
ho to start it ? im srs. normaly i want to die person xxxx - will check on auto invite all persons, i get them to cca 750%....and still cant click on button to approve murder, it remains blacked out, dosnt turn blue. why ?

ho to start it ? im srs. normaly i want to die person xxxx - will check on auto invite all persons, i get them to cca 750%....and still cant click on button to approve murder, it remains blacked out, dosnt turn blue. why ?

It happens on it's own. You could never approve a plot. You might mix it with another game or a mod for CK2.

well i will like to able to order it by myself, manytimes i have another pressing matter than just wait idlying until someone decide to kill that walking dead. Sometiems i forced to assasinate that peson via doplomacy screen if it is time which matters. (like killing 4-5 in line before my wife inherent nice kingdom which your son can inherint and can become single most powerfull character of time period.)

... and yet another entry for 'glorious thread titles'.

Just wait a bit and an event will pop up.

Sometiems i forced to assasinate that peson via doplomacy screen if it is time which matters. (like killing 4-5 in line before my wife inherent nice kingdom which your son can inherint and can become single most powerfull character of time period.)
With the assassinate button removed, I believe the idea is that you're meant to start scheming for those benefits sooner rather than delaying and loafing around before realising "Oh hey I should probably start planning for the future". The politics of the old days weren't something which occurred over a month, it took years.

I'm not quite sure what "button" you're talking about here.

Way back in the day, murder plots were basically "get 100% and click a button". They changed them to the current form where you have to wait for your chance. It happens faster the more power you have.

Way back in the day, murder plots were basically "get 100% and click a button". They changed them to the current form where you have to wait for your chance. It happens faster the more power you have.
If it gets high enough, you end up with several simultaneous murder attempts. This is both good and bad. I had one where the guy died three times to different attempts on his life.

Sadly usually I go "Damnit" when this happens, since when it does it means I end up with 2 or 3 three times the dishonorable penalty, since somehow these attempts to murder a corpse are detected and I end up having to spend several decades sulking on my throne waiting for the dishonorable penalty to go away.

If it gets high enough, you end up with several simultaneous murder attempts. This is both good and bad. I had one where the guy died three times to different attempts on his life.

Sadly usually I go "Damnit" when this happens, since when it does it means I end up with 2 or 3 three times the dishonorable penalty, since somehow these attempts to murder a corpse are detected and I end up having to spend several decades sulking on my throne waiting for the dishonorable penalty to go away.

Which is why I miss the assassinate button sometimes.

I want that button back. Why do other people need to get the snake? Why I can't I be the one to order someone to start "improvements" on the ducal balcony? I understand that "get to 100% then hit a button" wasn't perfect, but it can take a surprisingly long time for a plot with high power to fire... and sometimes conspirators just up and die in the mean time! The RNG gods are cruel, very cruel.

I had a game where it took about 9 years on 200% plot power to even trigger it once. And it failed and was revealed.
I just had 87% against the King of france, it triggered in 8 months... and succeded

That's the thing with the plot percentage, it is just giving you more random rolls, it doesn't means any will succeed or won't

Sometimes, I really wish I had the option to join a plot I've just discovered. Feels so wrong to start another on my own, with most refusing to join because they are already involved in a plot against the same person.