• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Enigma1940

Corporal
Nov 3, 2014
I cannot find the setting to reduce the number of army & staff briefings? Its getting unplayable as the PC swamps the screen with multi annoucements about the same combat. Iam sure there is a way of reducing them just cannot find it amongst great number of message anoucements

I don't know, but I wish I did. The message spam gets intolerable at times, and often blocks what I am trying to see or click on. There has to be a better way than so many pop-ups in the approximate center of the screen.

When it pops up, just right click it and a menu will come up giving you various options. You can do this with any of the pop-up messages but not for the events.

You can do it for events as well. Right click on an event message in the history log at the bottom. ;)

You can do it for events as well. Right click on an event message in the history log at the bottom. ;)

Still learning new things after playing HOI2 and DH for almost 10 years...crazy!

I have turned off a fair amount of messages, like about air raids. The remainder is still too much, and in the wrong place, IMO.
Then F10 / Options / Message settings