• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dhelio

Recruit
23 Badges
Sep 19, 2013
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Knights of Honor
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Lead and Gold
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • King Arthur II
  • Gettysburg
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
Hello,

I recently bought a copy of "King Arthur Collection" in my local Gamestop store, but I can't even install it. Steam requires the activation code, which I assumed is the one on the back of the manual. Yet, it says that the code is invalid. It's worth noting that nowhere in the manual is mentioned Steam.

Can you help me?

Are you sure you bought a Steam edition of the game? If Steam's not mentioned, then it seems unlikely. If so there's no reason why you should be able to activate it on Steam. Not sure what that code would be for then, as this game does not have a forum code for here either ... without posting the code itself, what format is the code? Steam activation keys are xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx .

Thank you for the answer.

the code format is xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx, so it looks more like an actual CD key that doesn't require Steam. Yet the installation disc forces me to activate it through steam! Here is a picture of the content of the disk:
mMLv6ST.png

Yes, that's clearly a Steam installation. The place you bought it from must supply you with a Steam Activation key (XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX) or give your money back - for a Steam game that key essentially IS the game.