• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Vp12

Recruit
Nov 19, 2014
Hello,

I have been playing hoi 2 for a bit now and was wondering if someone could help me set up some events. I noticed that the path to "industrialisation", which would allow smaller nations to punch above their weight is only really possible with big nations. Although you can develop IC and infrastructure, you cant increase resource production or manpower production unless its through technology, slider moves or leaders. I had an idea to create two events, one that would give a 50% chance to increase resource production by one of each in a province where the player builds a new factory. The other event would be from building infrastructure, and it would increase manpower in that province slightly as well as give a small chance (maybe 25%) to develop resources in that province.

The problem is im not quite sure how to go about this. I think it would make the game a lot more enjoyable if you are playing a minor power, because a nation such as afghanistan or tibet that spends 1936-the end of ww2 preparing could make for an interesting post ww2 scenario. If anyone can help or even point me in the right direction, i would much appreciate it.

You mean like this?

#########################################################################
# 1021 - Increase in industry

event = {
id = 1021
random = yes
trigger = { atwar = no }

name = "Industry increased"
desc = "We have, today, the great pleasure of announcing that several new power plants have been completed at various locations in our country."
picture = "private_initiative2"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Excellent"
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = 2 where = energy }
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = 1 where = energy }
}
}

# 1022 - Increase in resources

event = {
id = 1022
random = yes
trigger = { atwar = no }

name = "Resources located"
desc = "We have today received a survey report, detailing that a number of new mineral deposits have been located at various points in our country. We can, if we wish, build mines to extract this material though this will have a price to pay. However, unemployment will fall if we do build the mines. Should we consider building these mines?"

style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Yes. Build the mines"
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = 2 where = metal }
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = 1 where = metal }
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = 1 where = rare_materials }
command = { type = resource which = supplies value = -200 }
command = { type = resource which = money value = -200 }
command = { type = manpowerpool value = -2 }
command = { type = dissent value = -2 }
}
action_b = {
name = "No, we cannot afford to"
command = { type = add_prov_resource which = -1 value = 1 where = metal }
command = { type = dissent value = 1 }
}
}

# 1027 - Manpower increase

event = {
id = 1027
random = yes
trigger = { }

name = "Population increase"
desc = "One of the provinces in our country has seen the population grow over the last few years, such that the manpower pool that could be drawn from that province has increased"
picture = "private_initiative2"
style = 0

action_a = {
name = "Excellent"
command = { type = province_manpower which = -1 value = 1 } # Add manpower to province
}
}