• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mr_B0narpte

Field Marshal
12 Badges
Mar 15, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
***** Please download via this link, not the uploaded file below (perhaps it's me, perhaps it's the new forum design, I but I can't remove the uploaded file)*****

After taking inspiration from Lord Jarski's incomparable and incredible Improved 1936 modification, and after some online AoDers said they preferred using the 1941 scenario, I thought I would make a mod to develop the hitherto neglected map.

I have edited:
* the infra level of high IC and resource provinces all across the world, going on the basis they have been developed from 1936 (so +100% infra for plains/urban, +80% for forests, +60% for hills, +40% for mountains/deserts).
* the IC level of many provinces, on the basis they have been developed from 1936
* the manpower level of many nations - the USSR is given an additional 600 manpower that it would've had if the game had been played from 1936, the Allies have also received manpower boosts as Germany starts of with an abnormally high amount
* created or corrected the naval and air base levels of provinces across the world, using the 1936 as a base (if the original 1941 scenario had a higher naval or air level base, then I left it alone)
* the starting techs for many nations, resolving silly things such as countries having 1938 machine tools but not 1936. Also added techs for many countries, also including blueprints to give players the chance to change their strategy so late into the game. I also edited in some techs for flavour (i.e. rocket artillery)
* the resource stockpiles of many nations, mainly to ensure they donnot run out within the first few months of war
* the starting trades to compensate for the AI's stupidity
* back in the British puppet state of Iraq, but it starts off in tatters as the Anglo-Iraq war has only just ended. Also removed Yemen from the Allies as it did not join until 1945. Created the alliance between Japan, Manchu and Mengu as for whatever reason they did not start of in one
* gave Germany control of Suwalki, and edited the position of some German and Soviet units to accommodate this
* Finland starts of in the Axis, for gameplay reasons above all else
* the revolt risk of most/all of the occupied provinces in Europe to levels they would've been had the game been played from 1936
* USA's peacetime IC modifier has been increased by 10%, as it would've done via event
* AI & events - primarily using the great work by Lord Jarski, with his permission of course. I have adapted some of the AIs but it is still at a very early stage. The mod is currently best used for an online 1v1 between a Germany and USSR player (or, preferably, even more players)
* the USA Lend-lease events to the USSR as the Soviet Union needs energy as well as metal
* the USA lend-lease events to China as it needs metal & energy in addition to rares
* the puppet state of the Nanjing government, it seems the Japan AI can handle it (big thankyou to bestmajor!)
* the puppet state of Croatia
* Nat China starting off with all the warlords & their armies
* Germany starting with eastern wall as it does in 1936 scenario
* Sinkiang is no longer a puppet of Nat China, but now Kai-Shek has military control of the Sinkiang army
* sleeping some of the events either in vanilla or Jarski's mod, and incorporating their effects into the scenario
* woken the gearing events for the USSR - but editing them to only give +250 manpower each time as I cannot edit the Red Army's org or morale (don't worry, the vanilla event files are untouched as all my events are in a separate folder)
* given the player the choice to reduce retooling time to 20 days (modifiers can reduce it further) at the start of the scenario, so long as they are at war
* edited in starting infra production for certain nations, but still ongoing
* added many air bases throughout the Soviet Union, based on what was historically built - also added naval & air in Naples & Tobruk
* added a US lend-lease event in the case of Baku falling to the Axis

Things to come:
* Continually adjusting Jarski's awesome events - most likely incorporating some into the starting scenario
* The revision of many of Jarski's incredible AIs to adapt them to the scenario
* Correcting the revolt risk of several German provinces, to reflect the manpower in the province and the date of conquest, although most have been done
* Somehow preventing Finland from being defeated by the Soviets a few months into the scenario
* The revision of OOBs, on both a historical and gameplay basis
* A continued revision of the starting techs for many nations - primarily the Allied and Axis minors
* Editing the AI to make it not stack in random & pointless places (Japan AI keeps stacking in north eastern island, I keep trying to stop it)
* (Perhaps) the manpower of some Chinese provinces
* Editing the starting production of nations - primarily infrastructure builds but maybe units too

Thing/s I can't do:
* Edit the colour of the Nanjing puppet on the political map (as it would change the checksum of the game)

All of this is still ongoing, but I decided to publish it now in order to test it with a few other AoDers.

Please back up your AI folder before installing, other then that you're ready to go :D You have to install it in your main AoD folder.

It should be compatible with all versions, from 1.02 to 1.09.

All comments and feedback are welcome.

Attachments

• Improved 1941 scenario.zip
    2,4 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Thankyou! It should work with both 1.08 and 1.09 (and any version in theory). It should not affect the checksum (I hope!)

Neato. can't wait to give it a try!
I've just released a new update as I needed to edit the third Soviet transfer of industry event in order for it to trigger (the one that moves IC from Riga, Tallinn etc). I've also edited the USA Lend-lease event so that it gives energy as well as metal & rares to the Soviet Union. Additionally, I've edited the USSR's initial energy stockpile and the amount of convoys it has, so that it can trade with the UK/USA etc. None of this should interfere with the vanilla events for the other scenarios (even the original 1941 scenario should remain untouched).

(Perhaps) the puppet state of the Nanjing government, if the Japan AI can handle it

hi Bonaparte,
i am making one for my personal use. i could convert in B&W if you need. the government is complete, 23 land leaders and 3 tech teams.
Titan said he could maybe care about the flag and stuff.
i'm interested to get some feedback (if it does not work i do not need it).

so just in case you do not have one done yourself, i'd be happy to share things.

hi Bonaparte,
i am making one for my personal use. i could convert in B&W if you need. the government is complete, 23 land leaders and 3 tech teams.
Titan said he could maybe care about the flag and stuff.
i'm interested to get some feedback (if it does not work i do not need it).

so just in case you do not have one done yourself, i'd be happy to share things.
Yeah I'm happy to try it out, keeping it in colour is fine :)

http://www.filefactory.com/file/9dnp7zwnytv/WJW.rar

this is what i have so far. i do not think more ministers are needed. maybe i can get (less than a handfull) more generals and tech teams.

i use the tag "WJW" for the images, but i did not assign a U-number. so all CSVs or model images are tagged as "UXX" right now.

otherwise the major work is done, i think.

one or two firms or institutions would be cool, lika a university or a bank, a ministry or something like that.

and OOB stuff, at least roughly.

EDIT:

Mr_B0narpte said:
The puppet state of Croatia
sorry for my ignorance, i never looked at the 41 scenario. is croatia not in?!

http://www.filefactory.com/file/9dnp7zwnytv/WJW.rar

this is what i have so far. i do not think more ministers are needed. maybe i can get (less than a handfull) more generals and tech teams.

i use the tag "WJW" for the images, but i did not assign a U-number. so all CSVs or model images are tagged as "UXX" right now.

otherwise the major work is done, i think.

one or two firms or institutions would be cool, lika a university or a bank, a ministry or something like that.

and OOB stuff, at least roughly.
Thankyou, I'll try it out :)

EDIT:
sorry for my ignorance, i never looked at the 41 scenario. is croatia not in?!
Yeah it's not in. But the event for it triggers the next day. Part of me is tempted just to edit Croatia in, with the 3 divisions for Germany, another is to make it more historical with the three divisions being formed when they were IRL (i.e late 1942).

Thankyou, I'll try it out :)

well, it is all tagged UXX, so maybe take a free one. i'm not sure if all provinces are right, i just looked at the wiki page and added those, so probably not that accurate. it is a prototype :).

well, it is all tagged UXX, so maybe take a free one. i'm not sure if all provinces are right, i just looked at the wiki page and added those, so probably not that accurate. it is a prototype :).
I think U87 is the Nanjing puppet government, so I think I'll use that one and incorporate your ministers into that, as soon as I figure out how to do so.

I think U87 is the Nanjing puppet government, so I think I'll use that one and incorporate your ministers into that, as soon as I figure out how to do so.

damn you should have said this earlier, LOL. i was not aware of that and basically startet from scratch last week. but now the shield/flag problem is solved as well since we have them already.

as for ministers and leaders: i do not think a merge is needed since mine are more complete than vanilla. i just merged the tech teams and retagged everybody from UXX to U87, including the government.

here it is: http://www.filefactory.com/file/56ee7t1y00y7/WJW_v2.rar

all to be done is to edit the Japanese provinces and the scenario fil now.
NB: this will overwrite the original leaders and ministers CSVs, so maybe you save them somewhere.

if i had only known... :D

EDIT: well i have it now. the problem is that those cliques are virtually still in, so you get a lot of 'boings' when trying to load the scenario. but it is not that difficult.

Last edited:
damn you should have said this earlier, LOL. i was not aware of that and basically startet from scratch last week.
My apologises, I had a feeling there was already a Nanjing government, but did not know until I checked the UXX files after you mentioned it.

but now the shield/flag problem is solved as well since we have them already.

as for ministers and leaders: i do not think a merge is needed since mine are more complete than vanilla. i just merged the tech teams and retagged everybody from UXX to U87, including the government.

here it is: http://www.filefactory.com/file/56ee7t1y00y7/WJW_v2.rar

all to be done is to edit the Japanese provinces and the scenario fil now.
NB: this will overwrite the original leaders and ministers CSVs, so maybe you save them somewhere.

if i had only known... :D

EDIT: well i have it now. the problem is that those cliques are virtually still in, so you get a lot of 'boings' when trying to load the scenario. but it is not that difficult.

[IMG][/QUOTE]Thankyou! I'll see if I can get this working. I'll also make the warlords part of China from the start to reduce the boings.

EDIT: I've just tried the link you've given me and it says 'This file may have been deleted by the uploader, or it may have expired. This error can also occur if the file link is invalid.' It seems the people at FileFactory are impatient buggers!

EDIT: I've just tried the link you've given me and it says 'This file may have been deleted by the uploader, or it may have expired. This error can also occur if the file link is invalid.' It seems the people at FileFactory are impatient buggers!

was my fault. i had too many files on my account and accidently deleted the wrong one.
here is a new one: http://www.filefactory.com/file/1nojh40airan/WJW_v2b.rar

as for the cliques i would simply take them out of the scenario file. this one has to be added twice in the scenario file (top and bottom) + the provinces they get should be removed from the JAP file.

about the flag: unfortunately it is using th naval jack, not the state flag.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China-Nanjing_(Naval_Jack).svg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:F...e,_Anti-Communism,_National_Construction).svg

was my fault. i had too many files on my account and accidently deleted the wrong one.
here is a new one: http://www.filefactory.com/file/1nojh40airan/WJW_v2b.rar
Thankyou, I'll test it out soon.

as for the cliques i would simply take them out of the scenario file. this one has to be added twice in the scenario file (top and bottom) + the provinces they get should be removed from the JAP file.
Yeah that's what I've done already, just need to test it before releasing an update.

Very strange, I guess it is because the state flag is very close to that of Nationalist China's.

Updated:

* the USA lend-lease events to China as it needs metal & energy in addition to rares
* the puppet state of the Nanjing government, it seems the Japan AI can handle it
* The puppet state of Croatia
* Nat China starting off with all the warlords
* Germany starting with eastern wall as it does in 1936 scenario
* the UK, USA, Germany & Finland AIs should be a tad less stupid in combat
* slept some of the vanilla & Jarski's events, incorporating them into the scenario from the start (still ongoing for some - once I pluck up the courage to edit in new units)
* many more naval & air bases, and AA, that are in the 1936 scenario are now in this scenario

Updated:
* woken the gearing events for the USSR as they were slept in vanilla 1941 - but editing them to only give +250 manpower each time as I cannot edit the Red Army's org or morale (don't worry, the vanilla event files are untouched as all my events are in a separate folder)
* given the player the choice to reduce retooling time to 20 days (modifiers can reduce it further) at the start of the scenario, so long as they are at war
* edited in Italy and Bulgaria 1941 AI's from Jarski's mod, with some minor tweaks
* edited USA infra in certain high resource areas
* edited in starting infra production for certain nations, but still ongoing
* revolt risk of all European provinces should be correct now

Updated:
* added the switch AI files from Jarski's mod
* added many more starting infra production
* edited Tanna Tuva's starting situation, adding infra & IC
* made Chiang kai-Shek head of China, as for whatever reason he was not in the vanilla 1941 scenario
* edited the Japan AI to stop stacking units in the random northern island, and focus solely on China until its defeated - although I am tempted to make Japan declare war on the Allies come 7 December 1941, but fear for how it handles it
* edited the UK & US AIs to be more pro-active, and also to be more balanced in their builds
* edited Persia AI to prepare for the possibility of a German invasion through the Caucasus
* edited France & Canada AIs to give more of their forces to the UK as expeditionaries
* added many air bases throughout the Soviet Union, based on what was historically built - also added naval & air in Naples & Tobruk
* added a US lend-lease event in the case of Baku falling to the Axis

I'm currently playing a 1v1, Germany v USSR, and getting a lot of valuable intel. At least on our game, the OOB seems to be well balanced. It's just getting the Allied AI's to become more of a threat which is the issue (which is obviously solved by a human USA/UK - which we now have).

Any feedback, on AI performance, historical accuracy of the map, game balance, or whatever you can think of, is appreciated :)