• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

chimosh

First Lieutenant
63 Badges
Oct 19, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
The Abbasid empire.

I thought the beta patch was fixing the decadence bug?

But atm even with playing the beta patch Abbasid empire sits at 0% constantly. I have not seen 1 revolt or faction revolt either.

I am not sure whats going on but I thought the patch was going to make the Abbasid empire less stable.

Is it because I am playing on a map before I patched my game to 2.2.0.9 beta? Do I need to start a new one? Is this a bug that applies to current running games only?

The Abbasid empire.

I thought the beta patch was fixing the decadence bug?

But atm even with playing the beta patch Abbasid empire sits at 0% constantly. I have not seen 1 revolt or faction revolt either.

I am not sure whats going on but I thought the patch was going to make the Abbasid empire less stable.

Is it because I am playing on a map before I patched my game to 2.2.0.9 beta? Do I need to start a new one? Is this a bug that applies to current running games only?

New beta didn't even mention decadence...

New beta didn't even mention decadence...

I can confirm that at least on my game (which started with 2.2.0.8), the Abbasids are steady as a rock. I've seen one independence revolt when a child Caliph took control and it was quickly crushed. They've all but taken out the Byzantines (Greece/Anatolia) and have taken Mauritania as well. This seems to be continuing with 2.2.0.9.

There was a change somewhere back around 2.2.0.2 (?) that fixed it, but the Abbasids are still going to be pretty stable. The thing is that at the beginning of the game there are a ton of little counties/duchies for them to holy war to get their decadence down to zero. Once those are gone (or coalesced into a larger kingdom like Abyssinia) it's far easier for the Abbasids to gain decadence.

They also have a decent amount of trouble with uprisings, and it takes them FOREVER to march troops across the map to deal with them. For my games they usually fall apart after a couple hundred years...

They also have a decent amount of trouble with uprisings, and it takes them FOREVER to march troops across the map to deal with them. For my games they usually fall apart after a couple hundred years...

Plus, often they're so dumb that they march their troops around the map rather than using their ships to ferry the same troops in a much faster wey.
I too have seen them eventually crack, after a couple centuries in which both them and the Umayyads coalesced in two big Empires. Nicest CK2 borders I've seen in a long time, though.