• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrMiyagi10301

Map and Theme Creator in Cities Skylines
44 Badges
Dec 31, 2012
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Darkest Hour
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • PDXCon 2019 "Baron"
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Up to this point, I have just read and enjoyed people's work without much commentary. Part of it is being not terribly familiar with the culture nor the terminology of forums.. my God am I finally a dinosaur like I thought my father was 20 years ago? In any event, if this even comes out formatted correctly, it will be in itself a minor miracle.

This is my first AAR, something I've been considering doing for a long time now. I finally bridged the gap between aspiration and implementation thanks in no small part to Sezro's ingenious and hilarious "Subcontinental Subtleties". Of course, I wanted MOAR! Since there was no moar, I decided to make my own. I hope this first AAR meets with your approval. Also, I have not yet obtained HoD (cringe). I hope that it is not too awful... I hope it is entertaining nonetheless.

Victoria II A House Divided, A Pop Divided Mod
No cheats, only alteration is the release of Wales from UK

TALES OF WALES
"A HISTORY OF A KINDER, GENTLER EMPIRE", or
"HOW TO FOUND A NATION ON NOTHING BUT SHEEP, A LEEK, AND MORE THAN ONE GREEN PEAK"

After the extravagant, selfish and gluttonous reign of "Prinny" (note: proper pronunciation requires simultaneous sneer), or George IV as he eventually was known, the people of Wales had had quite enough of absurd fashion, melodramatic inter-generational hissy fits, and reports of missing local children each time Prinny gained a stone (which he did in regular fashion). The rule of his brother William IV and his enormous litter of illegitimate children sprinkled profusely across the country was met with a seething rage of separatism spoken in whispers in Welsh, a language unintelligible to any accustomed to the use of vowels. Owing to a large debt owed to a laudanum dealer in India left to him by Prinny, William had no choice but to borrow the enormous sum from a Welsh businessman of aristocratic stock. The price was hefty, indeed. The very independence of Wales itself!

xXAhmvv.jpg

Thanks to the Leviathan that is our looming, brooding neighbour, we have excellent chances of launching ourselves into the modern era. We must remember at all times, though, to play "nice nice" with the Beast beyond Bath. I'm not being funny... They will crush us. To perhaps deal with that problem, we have one reform available to us, and we choose Naturalization for immigration policy. We need all the people we can get! Welsh language classes will be required, of course, but who can resist its adorable sound anyway?

Oh my! We have a momentous decision very early on! The English offer us a "lovely" bride for our new King. This seems eerily familiar...

qbxxK0l.jpg

im Welsh so of course i will be following this AAR so good luck i look forward to your first update :D
Welcome!!! Thanks so much for joining! I'm playing the game at the same time, so we sally forth on this adventure of laughs together.

...and of course, I chose a big fat NO to that offer of an English bride for the Prince.

Last edited:
I'll add more panels per image, but I'd like to see if anyone has any thoughts. Comments welcome!

Parliament Opens!

After kindly declining the offer from the English, a Welsh bride was selected for our Prince, ensuring continued independence from the old Crown.
The 1836 Elections resulted in a landslide victory for Conservatives. The reason is uncertain, but we hear tell open immigration and naturalization was not particularly popular in some quarters. The finest meeting place in all of Wales was then selected as the new Parliament building

GoY8fwD.jpg

Ah, a new style of comic AAR! And it's off to a good start, I see!

I love it. Long live Wales!

Nice! Is your style in any way coming from Cyanide and Happiness? :)

Ah, a new style of comic AAR! And it's off to a good start, I see!
Thanks very much! It is a LOT of work, as I'm sure you know, but it's fun nonetheless.

lol i love your parliament building
lol!! I wish I had one near me as well. Oh wait, Myfanwy the Barmaid... err I mean the Speaker of the House, is missing

I love it. Long live Wales!
Yes! Cymru am byth!

Fantastic. This will be good.

Delightfully following along.

Thank you so much! Wait... o_O your name is Buckingham?? I bet you're following this Welsh separatist discussion! lol

Nice! Is your style in any way coming from Cyanide and Happiness? :)

They're the easiest for this old man to draw lol... Otherwise each update would take a week. So it's off to finishing the next update. I have half of the panels finished woohooo!!

Y DDRAIG GOCH DDYRY CYCHWYN!​
(Psst! For all you English, that means "The Red Dragon Inspires Action!". Don't tell them I let you in on the secret.

And so it was that our merry crew with the last names Williams, Jones, Thomas, Jenkins and Davies (in other words, almost everyone in Wales) ventured forth on the HMS "Beth-yn-galw"...​

q1fcFob.png

It was a very modest start, but then again, the Welsh are known for being modest. *cough* Sorry, me throat is dry from all the story telling. I'm feeling the thirst somethin fierce. I don't suppose there's a pint of anything wet in the house?​

Brilliant with the national flags-no no keep the female plants! :p
What gesture is that Calabarian man making with his hand? :huh:

"Look! The Welsh. How quaint!"
:p

Be prepared for many, many more references to adorable stereotypes lol.

Brilliant with the national flags-no no keep the female plants! :p
What gesture is that Calabarian man making with his hand? :huh:

We had to send an official letter of complaint due to the terrible-smelling smoke and annoying pulsing red lights coming from Dutch Ghana at night.
I believe that may be the Calabarian gesture of welcome! :happy:

Ah, the Welsh Imperialists. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the seven seas, terrifying natives with their close-harmony singing. Long may her empire prosper.

Ah, the Welsh Imperialists. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the seven seas, terrifying natives with their close-harmony singing. Long may her empire prosper.

LOL!!! YES! The Black Adder reference! I wonder if anyone got the reference to Scotland's adventure into colonialism.. There's even more, but they may be far too obscure

I got the Darien reference, if it makes any difference. :p
Have you joined the Blackadder Appreciation Group yet? If not, you definitely should! :)