• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowshael

Recruit
13 Badges
Jan 29, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
I am not 100% sure if this is the proper place to post this thread. I was hoping someone may have some solutions that I havent tried before.. I have tried just about everything I have seen on the interwebs on possible fixes, and have tried all of them (windowed mode, C++ unistall/reinstall, video driver uninstall/reinstall) I have also done the uninstall and reinstall of the game probably 3-4 times tonight. The only thing I haven't tried at the moment is a flat out formatting of my machine.

I am not sure if there is something with my hardware within my machine specs are as listed:

Operating System - Windows 7 Professional (32 bit)
Processor - 3.2 GHz 6-core AMD processor
RAM - 4GB
Video - AMD Radeon HD 5670 (512MB I believe)
750GB of hard drive space (two hard-drives)

Generally the game will load up just fine. There is no noticeable lag or anything. I can generally go anywhere from 3-10 game years at the 3rd notch of speed but every time the game will crash. The Windows Event Viewer never shows anything related to EU4 crashing, and I never have the pop up from Windows asking to send in the crash report. The only thing I have seen from Event Viewer of an "Application Hang" (Event ID 1002) and "Application Error" (Event ID 1000). I am at a loss.

All my drivers are up to date, I was able to run EU4 prior to Art of War just fine with the same video card, I have recently rebuilt the machine other than the video. Any insight into what may be happening would be very appreciated.

Operating System - Windows 7 Professional (32 bit)

With all the new stuff EU4 needs more than 2GB of memory while 32bit Windows limits applications to 2GB. You can either try to find the relatively simple workaround in the tech support forum of the EU4 forum (you need to register your game to access it) or you could download the 64bit Version of Windows 7 from Microsoft (your key is valid for both versions) and reinstall your OS.

I guess that may explain how I never had a problem before this latest expansion came out. I appreciate you taking the time to give a little insight. I will head over to the tech support forums.

I guess that may explain how I never had a problem before this latest expansion came out. I appreciate you taking the time to give a little insight. I will head over to the tech support forums.
It' s not the expansion but the patch, which increased the map by around 40%. See you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.