• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A letter to Lord Brandon Stark, from a vassal in Skagos

250px-House_Crowl.PNG

My Lord,

I write you with perilous news. I fear that my liege, your sworn bannerman Lord Donal Magnar, my former liege, has been murdered, and his son fled to take the black. The culprit is none other then the brigand brother of Donal, Brandt Grimbeard. As I write this, Grimbeard marches on my gates, and I fear he means an oath of fealty or my life.

Eye wintess accounts have reached me, of loyal men of Donal, since silenced, that Grimbeard drowned his own brother in the icy Bay of Seals. Skagos is under your protection, my Lord, and we are in need of your help.

May the Old Gods see this letter to you safely.

~Wyman Crowl,
Lord of Deepdown.

A Letter to Ronnel Arryn, from a vassal in the Vale

250px-Corbray.png

My Lord Arryn,

I write you in a grim state. My Lord-Father, Gwayne Corbray, has taken a grievous wound after being accosted by Mountain Men hunting in Snakewood. Of his party, only he survived, and his life is in jeopardy still. Despite my best efforts, these brigands escaped me, and fled south. I beseech you, as my Lord-Protector, bring justice for my father, and secure that which we lost, our ancestral blade, Lady Forlorn.

I feel if my father can just hold it in his hands once again, he will find his strength.

Your loyal vassal,
~Graf Corbray,
Heir of Heart's Home.

Last edited:
Ronnel Arryn walked through the High Hall of the Arryns with his breakfast in hand when his mother approached him.

“Son,” She stepped closer holding a letter out for him to take, “House Cordray requests your aid, Lord Gwayne was hunting in Snakewood and his party was attacked by Mountain Men. Lady Forlorn was taken from him and his son asks that you secure justice and return the blade.”

Ronnel took the letter and read through it while his mother spoke. “Then I’ll go retrieve it at once, anything to give a dying man his final wish. You and uncle will manage things here I hope?”

Lady Alys frowned and pulled her jacket tighter. “Ronnel, I had hoped that you wouldn’t go yourself, send your uncle along with some knights; that should be enough to deal with any Mountain Men. This isn’t a tourney; these men would try to kill you.”

“Of course they will.” Ronnel laughed and placed a comforting hand on his mother’s shoulder. “They won’t succeed though, what can a group of savages do against an army of knights of the Vale? I can’t have anyone say that I’m a coward, can I? We’ll get Lord Corbray’s sword, deliver justice, and return to the Eyrie before you even know we’d left.”

Despite his assurances her frown persisted for a moment before she sighed and nodded her head. “As you say Ronnel. Just promise me that you’ll be safe. You’re just like your father, far too headstrong and cocky for your own good.”

“I promise mother, I’ll have the best knights of the Vale at my side, there’s really nothing to worry over. A quick little adventure, that’s all.” He kissed her forehead lightly and took his hand from her shoulder and held up his other hand with the letter in it. “I should respond to Lord Graf.”

He exited the hall and hurried to his own quarters where he drafted a reply.

250px-House_Arryn.PNG

Lord Graf Corbray, Heir of Hearts Home,

It troubles me to hear that the Mountain Men have grown so arrogant as to attack a lord of the realm. It troubles me even more to hear that so fine a man as your father was that lord. Rest assured, that I intend to find them and deliver the king’s justice. Lady Forlorn will be returned to your father, and if the Seven are willing, he shall recover, on my honor as Lord Paramount and Defender of the Vale. Know that should your house require further aid, that House of Arryn is at your disposal.

~Lord Ronnel Arryn,
Lord Paramount of the Vale
Warden of the East
Defender of the Vale
Lord of the Eyrie​

Last edited:
((On a second thought, wouldn't it be more plausible to give the players two order per year; a civil order and a military order or two general orders that may be used at players discretion? One order per year seems an awfully low number. If you assemble 500 soldiers for a two weeks raid you're basically done for the year...))

((On a second thought, wouldn't it be more plausible to give the players two order per year; a civil order and a military order or two general orders that may be used at players discretion? One order per year seems an awfully low number. If you assemble 500 soldiers for a two weeks raid you're basically done for the year...))

((I see what you are saying, and that is what I have done in the past, and it is a lot of work. Just a single extra order puts a much heavier burden on me. So we will stick to an annual focus rather then multiple orders. So don't think in terms of a single raid when writing orders, instead think, this year I am going to focus on a campaign of raids along this coast or territory, committing however many troops.))

((When should we send it orders?))

House_Frey.png

House Frey
"We Throw Killer Weddings"

Lord Addam Frey

34 years of age

Masterful Schemer

Bio: Lord Addam Frey is the son of Lord Arnald Frey, Addam is a masterful schemer and had fun as a child tricking his siblings with his masterful plots (oooh masterful). He was married but his wife passed during child birth. Lord Addam seeks to enrich Frey holdings on the twins and perhaps be sent to King's Landing to serve the realm as spymaster. He has raised three children. The oldest of which is Alysa Frey a strong willed girl of seventeen years of age. Followed by Lord Addam's only son and heir Baley Frey a great knight already at the age of fifteen and his youngest daughter Jaimey Frey of age eight. The Frey's are steady thought to be steadfast believers in the new gods although perhaps things are not as simple as they seem.​

Last edited:
((Oops sorry was just putting names with endings because no info on the nights watch really

((No worries Gorgan. Think of the lack of canon info as a blank canvas for us to be creative, so long as we do not stray from any of the pre-existing lore.

A reminder that orders are due on Sunday, 3pm eastern time. I suggest players wait until Imperator selects his Small Council before sending orders, so my inbox doesnt get flooded. The sooner you guys finish your bios, the sooner Imperator can make an informed choice on who to sit among his council. Hop to it! Or the Walkers will get you!))

250px-House_Crowl.PNG

My Lord,

I write you with perilous news. I fear that my liege, your sworn bannerman Lord Donal Magnar, my former liege, has been murdered, and his son fled to take the black. The culprit is none other then the brigand brother of Donal, Brandt Grimbeard. As I write this, Grimbeard marches on my gates, and I fear he means an oath of fealty or my life.

Eye wintess accounts have reached me, of loyal men of Donal, since silenced, that Grimbeard drowned his own brother in the icy Bay of Seals. Skagos is under your protection, my Lord, and we are in need of your help.

May the Old Gods see this letter to you safely.

~Wyman Crowl,
Lord of Deepdown.

House_Stark.PNG

Lord Crowl,

These events trouble me greatly, and represent a serious threat to the stability of the North. I will dispatch a force of men-at-arms to maintain peace on Skagos while an investigation is carried out to determine the extent of crimes that may have been committed by Brandt Grimbeard.

May the Old Gods keep you safe and see this matter resolved swiftly without further bloodshed.

-Brandon Stark
Lord of Winterfell, Lord Paramount of the North, Warden of the North

A letter arrives at the Twins bearing the Stark Direwolf

House_Stark.PNG

Lord Addam Frey of the Twins,

I trust this letter finds you in good health and that your lands have continued to be spared from the ravages of the drought currently sweeping the Reach. The Freys have always been respected by House Stark, and the North as a whole, for their holdings being the nearest of any southern lord, and having held this border amicably for generations. Though it is not normally my policy to deal with matters outside of the North, I believe you to be a good man, and the southern lord most likely to have a mutually beneficial relationship with the Stark family. To achieve this purpose, I propose your daughter, Alysa Frey, marry my son and heir, Barth Stark. I thank you for your consideration, and hope that this can be the latest step in bringing our families closer together.

-Brandon Stark
Lord of Winterfell, Lord Paramount of the North, Warden of the North

Martell_Coat_of_Arms_zps644b7eae.png

Background on Dorne
The Martells have long ruled over Dorne. When Aegon conquered the seven kingdoms, he failed to take Dorne, which remained independent for many years. It was eventually subdued in the Conquest of Dorne, but revolted shortly after. As of now, Dorne is technically still independent from the Iron Throne, but with their marriage pacts with the Targaryens, the Martells have set Dorne on a path to becoming the final piece in the Unification of Westeros

During the Conquest of Dorne, many members of House Martell died, leaving a very much diminished house.

Major Members of House Martell

Prince Maron Martell, Age 17
Prince Maron is handsome, charismatic young man. He became the Lord of Sunspear at a rather young age when his father a few years after the Rebellion after the Conquest. Maron negotiated the marriage agreements with Baelor the Blessed, which will eventually bring Dorne into the fold for good.

Princess Myriah Martell, Age 16
A young, gorgeous princess, Myriah is currently married too Daeron Targaryen. She is perceived as being very nice, and kind, but her brother and husband both know she can be a great schemer, and politician. She and Daeron have one son, Baelor, named after the man who has brought peace to the two nations.

Princess Myrill and Prince Martara, Age 14
Myrill and Martara are twins, and the youngest of the Martell kids. Both have managed to be kept from the harsh realities of Westerose politics that define the lives of their older siblings. This has lead to both of them being much kinder, and innocent, than most Martells.

Lord Brandon Stark of Winterfell, Lord Paramount of the North, Warden of the North,

I would be greatly honored to have my young daughter Alysa marry your son Barth. May the Gods new and old bless our houses. We will meet in Winterfell this year for the celebrations.

-Loard Addam Frey of the Twins

((The orders are starting to come in... Don't forget to include your leader trait, saves me from cross-referencing the thread.))

((Oh, and an added reminder that player marriage-pacts do not consume an order, only ones with NPCs do. But if you would be so kind to mention any player alliances in your orders, I'll put them in the update.))

Last edited:
House Reyne

250px-House_Reyne.PNG

House Reyne is an old and respected house within the Westerlands, they are the second richest only surpassed by their ancient rivals the Lannisters. As such conflict has often occurred between the two houses, as such when Tristan became lord of Castamere in the year 135, he sought to end such fueds. As such he ended the pressure that his father had tried to keep on the Lannisters before him, he had grown up watching the hatred that his father had felt and wished no part in it. He started working towards securing relations with the Lannisters and commanded that the tutors of his children do the same, as such he attempted to remove much of the old hatred. Lord Tristan also began to support the Lannisters more publicly when they needed aid, some may argue that this bore fruit when the marriage between Lord Willem Lannister and Lady Shirley Reyne.

Lord Tristan also had a son named Raymar, he was some fair years older than Shirley and was close to his wife, but far from his father. As such the two often didn’t get along together as she sought influence over their children, and left little to Tristan and his plans of prosperity together with the Lannisters. Together they had three children the first and oldest son Damian, then followed by Tarian and at last their final daughter Anne.

Shortly after their mother became pregnant once again, their father Raymar died by falling off his horse during a hunt. After his death it didn’t take long before Tristan forced them to Castamere and under his influence, after the death of his father, there was a break between Damian and his mother. Soon followed by another break between Damian and his grandfather, what exactly happened during their meeting is not known, only that Damian left with his hand in a bandage after their meeting.

fcBNN6M.jpg

The years following those events ended with Damian distancing himself from his grandfather to the point of almost being disinherited, as such the tension was high. Damian was a gifted general and swordfighter, the previous Reynes had often been known as men of intrigue or coin collectors, but perhaps this outcome was due to the break within the Reyne family itself. Following the collapse of the gold mines in Casterly Rock, Damian wanted to use this to the advantage of his house, where as his aunt argued for helping the goldsmiths with Lannisport and her husband.

This dispute was never settled as the old lord of Castamere died shortly after, leaving Damian the new lord.

L3FXs0K.jpg

Damian Reyne
21 years old
Lord of Castamere
Skilled Tactician

Has a younger brother, Tarian age 16 and Anne age 15​

718b637fc0a9.jpg

Iron Bank of Braavos

To the honourable Viserys Targaryen, King of the Seven Kingdoms, Lord of the Andals, the Rhoynar and First Men,

I wish to congratulate you on your righteous ascension to King after long years of diligent service as the King's Hand. I also offer my condolences on the passing of your nephew, the late king Bealor. He was a good and pious man and much beloved.

I am sorry to sullen such a joyous occasion as your coronation with business, but there are matters that compel attention between the organization I represent, and your kingdom. As you are no doubt aware, in your prestigious tenure among the King's Council, the late King Bealor has acquired a sizeable debt with the Iron Bank. The sum of five hundred thousand dragons is owed to the bank. What I need from you, oh wise King Viserys is an expression of your commitment to repay the levied debt. A generous sum that I can bring back to Braavos to show those I represent that you are a man of commitment.

Of course, the Iron Bank is not unreasonable. Should the current climate not permit such, I am prepared to offer you a generous loan, 500,000 dragons at the low interest of 1,000 dragons per year. Combined with your current payments, plus non pay-back penalties as per your contract, a total of 2,200 dragons per year. A generous stipend for the services we render.

Now enough business, this is your day. May the rest of the festivities of your coronation bring fortune and high spirits.

~Petros Nesto
Senior Steward,
Iron Bank of Braavos

((During his coronation King Viserys is presented with an ultimatum, either bribe the Iron Bank official in attendance or sign another costly loan. Defying the Iron Bank of Braavos is not advisable.))

Last edited:

HOUSE DAYNE OF STARFALL
"Night Flees the Dawn"

Edric Dayne, Lord of Starfall and bannerman of Prince Maron of Dorne, was born in the seventh year of Aegon III’s reign over Westeros. His father Mathis died in 153, when young Edric was in Sunspear squiring for Prince Maron’s uncle. He remained at Sunspear until he reached his majority the following year, when he returned to Sunspear to take up the governance of his fiefdom. A martial lord by nature, he far favoured leading sorties against Reachmen raiders and pillagers over managing his lands, which he left to his uncle, the ever-leal Ulrick; it was also due to his uncle’s workings that he married Serra Blackmont shortly after her fifteenth name-day. Two years later, Arthur was born a strong and healthy lad. Alys was born one-hundred and sixty-two years after the Conquest, and twins Gerold and Delana followed her three years later. Edric and Serra's fifth child, Harrion was born in early 172.

Following the death of his uncle in 166, Edric has taken a more active role in the governance of his lands, though he remains loathe to remain in Starfall for any extended period of time.

Starfall Keep

Ages according to 174 years After Landing
LORD EDRIC DAYNE AND HIS FAMILY
Lord Edric Dayne (b. 138 AL, aged six and thirty years), Lord of Starfall and Knight of Dorne
Serra Blackmont (b. 143 AL , aged one and thirty years), Lady of Starfall
Arthur (b. 160 AL, aged four and ten years), Heir to Starfall and ward of Lord Joseth Dayne of High Hermitage
Sarella Allyrion (b. 161 AL, aged three and ten years), daughter of the Lord of Godsgrace and wife of Arthur Dayne

Alys (b. 162 AL, aged two and ten years)
Delana (b. 165 AL, aged nine years)
Gerold (b. 165 AL, aged nine years)
Harrion (b. 172 AL, aged two years)​

OTHER MEMBERS OF HOUSE DAYNE
Sebaston Dayne (b. 140 AL, aged four and thirty years), younger brother of Lord Edric and castellan of Starfall
Ulrick (b. 167 AL, aged seven years), son of Sebaston Dayne
Robett Sand (b. 169 AL, aged five years), baseborn son of Sebaston Dayne​
Ser Trystane Dayne (b. 143 AL, aged one and thirty years), Marshal of Starfall
Mathis (b. 167 AL, aged seven years), son of Ser Trystane Dayne
Jaremy (b. 168 AL, aged six years), son of Ser Trystane Dayne
Jeyne (b. 170 AL, aged four years), daughter of Ser Trystane Dayne​
Othell Sand (b. 150 AL, aged four and twenty years), baseborn son of Lord Mathis
LORD EDRIC DAYNE'S COURT AND RETAINERS
Ser Joseth Dayne (b. 117 AL, aged seven and fifty years), Lord of High Hermitage and mentor of Arthur Dayne
Ser Domeric Dayne (b. 138 AL, aged six and thirty years), son of Ser Joseth Dayne and heir to High Hermitage
Ser Soren Dayne (b. 143 AL, aged two and thirty years), son of Ser Joseth Dayne​
Eddard Hunt (b. 114 AL, aged sixty years), Maester of Starfall
Lucan (b. 130 AL, aged four and forty years), Septon of Starfall

DECEASED
Lord Mathis Dayne (b. 103 AL, d. 153 AL, aged fifty years), father of Lord Edric
Lady Jeyne Fowler (b. 109 AL, d. 143 AL, aged four and thirty years), wife of Lord Mathis and mother of Lord Edric
Ulrick Dayne (b. 106 AL, d. 166 AL, aged nine and fifty years), brother of Lord Mathis
Ser Soren Dayne, the Sword of the Morning (b. 107 AL, d. 13L Al, aged three and twenty years). Brother of Lord Mathis; slain during the first Battle of Tumbleton.

WIELDERS AND STATUS OF DAWN
Dawn is presently in Starfall, unclaimed by a member of House Dayne. Previous wielders include:
Ser Ulrick Dayne (b. 19 BL, d. 45 AL, aged three and sixty years)
Ser Gerris Dayne (b. 35 AL, died 91 AL, aged six and fifty years)
Ser Soren Dayne (b. 107 AL, died 130 AL, aged three and twenty years)

Last edited:
240px-Seven_Pointed_Star.jpg

Faith of the Seven
The Faith originated six thousand years before the War of the Five Kings in the continent of Essos, specifically in Andalos where, according to legend, the "God of Seven" manifested before the Andal people. Afterward the Andals sailed west and their invasion of Westeros began. Some of the Andal warriors carved the seven-pointed star, the symbol of their religion, into their flesh to demonstrate their devotion. Bearing weapons made of steel, the Andals conquered the First Men and slaughtered the Children of the Forest, viewing their magic as an abomination before the Seven. The Andals burned down most of the weirwood trees in the south, which are considered sacred in the worship of the Old Gods of the Forest. Soon all the kingdoms of the First Men, except the Kingdom of the North, fell to the invaders, who intermingled with some of the local dynasties, such as House Gardener, or replaced them altogether, as was the case of Mountain Kings of the Vale. As the Andals asserted their dominance over all regions south of the Neck, they asserted their religion over the First Men they conquered, replacing the worship of the Old Gods almost entirely throughout the southern kingdoms of Westeros. Thus the Andals' Faith of the Seven became the dominant religion on the entire continent, except for in the North and the Iron Islands.

Hierarchy

HighSepton.jpg

High Septon 'the Righteous One'

Most Devout
Septon Leyton
Septon Randyll
Septon Forley
Septon Ondrew
Septa Ursa
Septa Sarra
Septa Falena
Septa Genna

((Are there yet any roles within the game that I might take?))