• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
(so the king could order me to collect taxes and I could have my order be collect extra taxes for my own coffers?)

(yay tax farming)

((How many men and castles will be in the nights watch? The two closest dates that say the.strength state 10,000 and the latter 1,000

((Seems fair))

Stats

Stats are still a work in progress, but I do have a rough draft of military stats about finished.

Fortification Number representing the obstacles conquerors must overcome take your holdings. [] represents natural barriers. This is the hardest of obstacles to overcome. () represents vassal castles, again this number is subject to change should a vassal turn on his liege. And the final number is castles held by the player - some castles, such as Storm's End are worth more then a single castle, due to the strength of their fortifications.

Soldiers Professional soldiers and knights willing to risk their lives for your dynasty. This is the back bone of your fighting force. Each player begins a number of them, but training more from your levy pool will require a significant expense.

Levies Your peasantry able to be called up for fighting. They are weak but make for good fodder to cushion against casualties for your professional soldiers. Can be trained into professional soldiers.

Banners The fighting forces of your vassals, making up soldiers and levies alike. Beware, you are in no way guaranteed access to this force, as low loyalty can turn this force against you.

Click here to see the stats so far. I have based the numbers on canon sources and kept them akin to numbers leading up to a clash of kings. If you feel the numbers are wrong and should be changed for any reason, let me know. This is a rough draft after all, and can still be tweaked.

Ill be fixing that tomorrow

why does the nights watch have banner men shouldn't they all be soldiers?

Lord Daborn Greyjoy
Trait: Midas Touched

Bio: Daborn is an amiable, agreeable man in his mid thirties. He likes feasts and sailing, and enjoys the finger-dance and other martial feats as sport. But he lacks the predatory bloodlust that the Ironborn value so dearly. He's no weakling, and had gone reaving as far as slavers bay. Even his raids are too peaceable for some, as he prefers to extort tribute and ransom rather than charge into battle.

Dynasty: Lothston
Titles: Lord of Harrenhal
Members:
Traits: Masterful Steward

Mercenary Companies

Adventurers, outcasts and brigands tend to follow the life of a sellsword, and in Westeros and beyond, large companies exist that shed blood for gold. Loyal only to gold, and often of ill repute, these companies will offer their services to the highest bidder, just make sure they are well paid.

b5bf9c47e5d8467ee89ac0f3ff6a973a-d7oz2lz.png

Keepers of the Old Way
Originally founded as a sort of monastic order of northerners battling the encroachment of the Faith of the Seven on the North. In the century since it's founding, the Keepers have become a rabble of common sellswords, known to carry Night's Watch deserters, exiles and wanted men from across the North. Their leader fashions himself as devout and Godly man, but Lord Beckett Snow is anything but.

150px-Windswept.png

Warrior's Bastards
A new sellsword company founded only a decade ago. These men are eager to prove their worth and highborn bastards fill their upper command. Shunned by the noble houses of their birth, these men are eager to earn glory and riches in battle, left with little other means besides that.

200px-Second_Sons_flag.png

The Second Sons
Founded in Essos, the Second Sons are a note worthy company, famous for their victories over the feared Dorthraki, though many point out their many defeats as well. The Second Sons operate a company in Westeros as well as Essos.​

I'll have more up later...

Stats are finished and can be found here. Keep in mind that the stats may still be tweaked before we start the game, which is not far off.

I may try to get the game thread up tonight or tomorrow. When the main thread is up, I hope to see most of you give a lot more detail to your Dynasty, your main character, their family and members of their court and bios. So you may wish to start thinking about who your cast of characters will be, if you haven't done so already.

Last edited:
Dynasty: Caron
Titles: Lord of Nightsong, Lord of the Marches
Members:
Trait: Masterful Schemer