• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Katsue

Colonel
60 Badges
Dec 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
My lover hasn't gotten pregnant ever since I ordered her to take the vows, though she is still my lover. She does retain the ambition to Get Married, though.

use charinfo 1 to check her fertility, not sure if nuns can get pregnant the old fashion way but they can get pregnant from events. My daughter pestered me about wanting to become a nun so I agreed and barely a year later I get the event that my unmarried daughter is pregnant. She really wasn't a very good nun.

use charinfo 1 to check her fertility, not sure if nuns can get pregnant the old fashion way but they can get pregnant from events. My daughter pestered me about wanting to become a nun so I agreed and barely a year later I get the event that my unmarried daughter is pregnant. She really wasn't a very good nun.

if the borgia is anything to go by, all nuns are terrible

It's pretty great that as a Christian tribal you can make your concubines into nuns.
For the classy tribesman who cares about his new religion, but couldn't read the pamphlet?
If you play as ERE, your nun daughter can also find a Varangian to marry even though she's not really supposed to marry, least of all barbarians.

It's not like Celibate where you can only get new offspring by event, it doesn't do anything with your fertility (Although it might affect some MTTH's?).

They most certainly can. I usually make my mistresses nuns to keep them unentangled.

For the classy tribesman who cares about his new religion, but couldn't read the pamphlet?
If you play as ERE, your nun daughter can also find a Varangian to marry even though she's not really supposed to marry, least of all barbarians.

It's not like Celibate where you can only get new offspring by event, it doesn't do anything with your fertility (Although it might affect some MTTH's?).

Probably converted from a Chick Tract.

In a Patrician game one of my daughters asked to become a nun and then proceeded to have three children. Not really living up to those vows.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I thought it might work like the Celibate/Chaste trait but I was optimistic. As Byzantine Emperor, my daughter took the vows, then went and got married (against my will) and had kids which became the heirs to the Empire, ruining my carefully planned marriage union with Georgia and causing me to enact some nasty murder plots.

I had a celibate character who still managed to get his wife pregnant. There was no indication she was having an affair elsewhere.

I had a celibate character who still managed to get his wife pregnant. There was no indication she was having an affair elsewhere.

Celibate? Not chaste? Basically a celibate character isn't able to get anyone pregnant, it's -1000 % to fertility. She just had an affair with someone without getting caught, though you'd think the celibate husband might be a tad suspicious...

Have you considered that maybe your character's salmon aren't swimming upstream anymore?

Is there any "great thread names from CK2 forums" thread, or something? There has to be! Otherwise, how am I going to remember all those "Why can't I kill my son", "Inbreds everywhere", "Can nuns get pregnant?" or "Jewish problem"?